~FULL GURMAT REHAT MARYADA ONLINE~

tsingh

TSingh,

Your post contained some entirely, unequivocally false/misleading statements.

How is this rehit maryada fully approved by the Akal Takht?

The Rehit Maryada you posted is of the Damdami Taksal and not of the Akal Takht.

Don't mislead the sangat.

The Rehit Maryada you posted has clear differences with the Rehit Maryada of the Akal Takht.

1) Eating Meat is listed as wrong.

2) Raag Mala is declared as Gurbanee. (Akal Takht says there's a choice)

3) Other components which are not even mentioned in the Akal Takht Maryada.

Singh Khalsa

PS. Damdami Taksaal is a Jathebandi with great Gursikhs. Please don't take my post as an attack on Damdami Taksaal. Its just that history and common sense does not support the notion that the Taksal was somehow able to maintain the "original rehit" given by Guru Gobind Singh Jee. There are clear inconsistencies in the lineage of the Damdami Taksaal (refer to Vir Singh's posts under the Damdami Taksal lineage thread for more information) and even if there was a direct lineage there are eras in Sikh History such as Maharaja Ranjit Singh's reign followed by the early British Years where Sikhi was so polluted by outside influences which makes keeping the Maryada alive through a "direct lineage" of Jathedaars impossible.

TSingh,

Where do you get your facts from? I don't mean that question in an offensive way, but your facts are wrong. (I can't think of any better way to characterize them)

Akal Takht does *NOT* recognize 2 different Rehit Maryaday. Who told you this??

Taksal, Nihungs, Sants, etc. etc. all follow different Maryaday. The Maryada you just provided is followed only by the Damdami Taksaal.

Many Nihungs do "Kirpan Amrit" and many other strange things in their amrit sanchaars (contradicting vast portions of the Taksaal Maryada) among other differences with mainstream Sikhi.

And different Sants have different Maryaday on just about everything.

There's only *ONE* maryada accepted by the panth/akal Takht and like it or not, that Maryada is the SGPC rehit maryada. (I don't specifically endorse all of the SGPC maryada)

I can't believe I'm hearing about this belief in 2 Rehit Maryaday? It's totally false.

I've talked to many Taksali Singhs in the past (those educated directly at Mehtha and those who are just affiliated with Taksaal in other ways) and all of them accept the Akal Takht Maryada with minor contentions here and there (Just like AKJ does). They don't believe in an entirely seperate maryada.

Singh Khalsa

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I was looking at this rehat and noticed something very unsikh like....

A Singh must look upon his wife as his faithful Singhni. In the same manner, a Singhni should look upon her husband as Parmeshwar(God).

If taksal was started by Guru Gobind Singh ji and he stressed equality with gender....it shouldnt be like that...it should be [a Singhni should look upon her husband as a faithful Singh]

link for the ppl who want to see.....Damdami Taksal Rehat

It is under Haram.....

Forgive me if i have said something wrong.....this is in no way to be offensive to Damdami Taksalis'