Amrit Sanchar -

JaMdooT

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The ones only allowed in are the ones who are ready to give their heads, by allowing people to watch or attend the amrit sanchar ceremony can affect spritual and physical energy while the amrit is being prepared, that is why the panj pyare ask the abalakhis "people going to give their heads" to concentrate on the preparation of the amrit and recite simran.

A amrit sanchar is not your average ceremony, it is a time when one needs to focus and concentrate on taking amrit and what is being prescribed, by having extra people their for no relevent reason can deter ones concentration, its suppose to give you a fealing of im going ALONE and about to DIE even sometimes FEAR bout all that is abolhised after you have taken the Amrit.

Gurfateh Ji

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but guru gobind singh ji recieved amrit in front of all the sangat didnt he?

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fateh

Only because pictures show us that, doesn’t really mean it’s true.

The way daas sees it and this is just a personal view, amrit sanchar are a personal experience. In amrit sanchars the abhlakis might see some one flying in the air like a fish, some getting in to a smadhi state, some going lot pot and others may even have darshan. Daas has heard of a few singhs lifting off the ground when naam is being drilled and planted in them. One thing we shouldn’t do is, if we see this and tell other that "bhai sahib X was floating, he is so chardikala" praising will get us no where. When the naam is being planted and amrit is being blessed, then you will notice that the panj piyare only talk to you and only whisper the gurmantar in the ear and then plant the naam on the gursikh, personally. The only time the Panj piyare talk to ALL the gursikhs is when they are giving the hukam of rehit, code of conduct. Everything else is done personally.

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fateh

It is not some sort of show that people can watch from the side lines.

This is a very very important life changing event, why should there be on lookers how did not have the guts to put themselves forward for amrit taking.

This event is confidential between the Guru and his disciples only and non else. This is where Sikh is spiritually tied to his Guru. Why do you have docters seeing patients behind closed doors or any sort of meeting behind closed doors? Because only those directly invovled are allowed in.

So a person who hasn't committed himslf to his Guru can then just look on, Why?

Why should there be any "kuchay pillay" onlookers looking on ?

This is a very very important life changing event, why should there be on lookers how did not have the guts to put themselves forward for amrit taking.

This event is confidential between the Guru and his disciples only and non else. This is where Sikh is spiritually tied to his Guru. Why do you have docters seeing patients behind closed doors or any sort of meeting behind closed doors? Because only those directly invovled are allowed in.

Just a personal opinion, your statements were kinda rude... or atleast I thought so :@

Its really amazing and I admire everyone of you for taking Amrit but you have to realize that you don't get to that state in an instant. Its not like the ones who haven't taken Amrit aren't tied to Guruji. Not everyone is chardi kala and some have to work much more than others to be able to fully commit yourself.

I just asked that question because I was troubled by it, Guru Gobind Singh ji gave Amrit to panj payare and then recieved Amrit himself when a whole range of people were present. And I choose to disagree with anyone who says that Guru Sahib gave Amrit secretly to the people. Each and every single soul who recieved Amrit that day was a blessed one but they did that when others were present.

Know what.. I thought I'd ask a question in here and hopefully I will be able to understand and remove some of my doubts on Sikhi... but guess I failed to realize that ya'll will divert the main topic and are more interested in dissing this and that, rather than helping a fellow mate...

Bhul Chuk mauf...

thanks for all your replies...

Know what.. I thought I'd ask a question in here and hopefully I will be able to understand and remove some of my doubts on Sikhi... but guess I failed to realize that ya'll will divert the main topic and are more interested in dissing this and that, rather than helping a fellow mate...

Bhul Chuk mauf...

hey relax, i'm sure people are trying to help, just when writing things might not sound as they would when spoken.

Just a personal opinion, your statements were kinda rude... or atleast I thought so :@

Its really amazing and I admire everyone of you for taking Amrit but you have to realize that you don't get to that state in an instant. Its not like the ones who haven't taken Amrit aren't tied to Guruji. Not everyone is chardi kala and some have to work much more than others to be able to fully commit yourself.

I just asked that question because I was troubled by it, Guru Gobind Singh ji gave Amrit to panj payare and then recieved Amrit himself when a whole range of people were present. And I choose to disagree with anyone who says that Guru Sahib gave Amrit secretly to the people. Each and every single soul who recieved Amrit that day was a blessed one but they did that when others were present.

Bhul Chuk mauf...

Veerji, you might be a bit premature in expecting the desired or correct explanation almost immediately. One thing I have realised is sometimes things which are unclear now seem so much clearer at a future point. I certainly can't give you a satisfactory response, but I do feel that some other people have made some valid comments and maybe ponder over them and with Maharaj kirpa whatever doubts will slowly clear.

We all see thing differently, what is an issue to someone maybe a non-issue to another. But we must certainly guide each other instead of disapproving each other.

also i suppose taking amrit is something for a person to experience for themselves rather than watching others taking amrit and in a way experiencing it through them. ie oh that looks incredible, must be so peaceful.etc. please don't take that the wrong way like saying

'oh why can't someone watch and admire and be inspired by it'

because first you must be ready and inspired to get to that ultimate stage, rather than being inspired by that alone.

i guess others who aren't taking amrit can't see because it's like, metaphorically, an initiation into a 'cult', if you a will, a secret society - lol, sorry. ermm a person should take amrit when they themselves are ready to give their head and seeing the ceremony is not so important, the important thing is being part of it.

and really i guess, well to protect the sacredness, sort of, of taking amrit.

oh wait also when people go pesh, it's very important that only they and the panj piyare ( i think) hear what their kurehit was and give adequate punishment. if the room was not enclosed and you went to a amrit sanchar and you saw a chardi kala singh, that you knew, taking amrit again, you might start speculating and saying things. but that should only stay within that room so i guess that's one of the main reasons.

forgive me if i said anything wrong and i, like everyone else i'm sure, am only rying to help