Baba Hardev Singh Ji " Lulo Wale "

What if he was merely kidding?

Last week I was listening to his katha on Sukhsagar radio, and I couldn't stop laughing (it was more of roaring laughter).

He was telling how some Sikhs today have become hardcore Hindi-haters. He said back in the days more Brahmins would visit Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj as compared to Sikhs. Then he said that some Sikhs today say that we don't utter "Raam" as thats a Hindu god, but "Raam" is mentioned 2,167 times in Sahib Guru Granth Sahib Jee, and Waheguru only 17 times, that too by the Bhatts and not by a single one of the 6 Guru Sahibaans whose Bani is there is Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee. (Yeah go on start arguing now :nihungsmile: )

But thats not what made me laugh...

He was telling a sakhi. Once at Amritvela Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj told one of His hajuria Singhs, Bhai Alam Singh ji to go and get a bucket of water. Now I guess it was winter, and its a challenge to come into contact with cold water at Amritvela in winter (I don't even want to imagine). Yet, Bhai Alam Singh ji went without saying a word and obeyed his Master's order. Baba Hardev Singh ji then said "Saadh sangato, oh Bhai Alam Singh si jo chala gaya, saddey varga koi hunda taan pehlaan puchhda paani ki karna?" LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

Then there was another example he gave. He said if someone saw Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj today, they would grab Gurujee and make Him sit on their couch, and request Gurujee "Maharaj, sab ton pehlaan tussi announcement karo ki Amritvela jo swere 3 vajey shuru hunda si oh hunn 8 vajey shuru hunda" LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...