Do You Think It’s Wrong To Celebrate People’s Birthday?

Guest Gupt Singhni

Celebration of Birthdays  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think It?s Wrong To Celebrate People?s Birthday?

• YES
    • NO

Guest Gupt Singhni
I personally believe it is wrong because we should be only celebrating Guru Ji’s birthday.

With that attitude I'm sure your kids won't be needing therapy when they’re older.

What’s your point Bhai sahib Ji? Can't you respect people's views?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jap naam

wjkk wjkf

I think it depends on whether you see the glass half emty or half full. I think we shoud celebrate our birthdays to be grateful to Waheguru for one more year that he gave us. I personally don't think it is wrong to celebrate birthdays because life is sacred.

Life is fleeting. The fact that we have been given the gift of life at all as a human being out of the possible 8.4 million species is an excellent reason to be happy.

Celebration of birthday is the thanksgiving to Waheguru that he gave us this beautiful life and has given a full and complete meaning to our life. We are surrounded by good family and friends who help us out. So i thank Waheguru for all this and this beautiful life. Years of life may reduce but we are getting richer by experience and beautiful moments and memories. The more we live the more we get get to pray.

Whether we laugh or weep we live for a certain number of days and that number is not in our hands .So why should we be spending our life - of all days ,been upset for something that is going to happen for one day that is not known to us ? Life is a blessing and it should not just be remembered 1 day out of the year but everyday second of the day. We should be thankful and pray.

I think if someone wants to celebrate their birthdays its ok, if they don't its also ok.Its all about personal choice. I don't think its that black and white where you can say its wrong or right.

wjkk wjkf

Forgive me if i have offended in the above

Guest peacemaker

There is nothing wrong with celebrating a birthday at all. God has given us this human life as a gift. We should do things in moderation and I see nothing wrong with taking 1 single day out of the year to celebrate this life. That is what a birthday is to me. Although, as I grow older, I tend to want to forget how old I really am, but I always make time to have a nice birthday party for myself and loved ones. LOL.gif

pray.gif Sri Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Sri Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh! pray.gif

Birthdays????

we was born into this world to jap naam

do seva

become one with god

we should try to do that every day

so we should be going gurdwara every day and helping with the langar's and akhand path's

Daas thinks our birth day should be like any other day

we should be trying to jap naam with every breath we take

Haveing parties is pointless

The true music is naam, praises of god and bani

Daas has alot to say on this but daas will not say it because some people will take that as a good excuse to have an argument

Naam Japu :@

Guest Gupt Singhni

Birthdays????

we was born into this world to jap naam

do seva

become one with god

we should try to do that every day

so we should be going gurdwara every day and helping with the langar's and akhand path's

Daas thinks our birth day should be like any other day

we should be trying to jap naam with every breath we take

Haveing parties is pointless

The true music is naam, praises of god and bani

Daas has alot to say on this but daas will not say it because some people will take that as a good excuse to have an argument

Naam Japu :@

AWW.gif

Guest Gupt Singhni
Do you know Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate birthdays for the same very reason...as they see it as a pointless worldy thing which has no gains...and if we think about it....its kinda an ego boost...not entirely but still...anyways my personal choice is that I don't really care about BIrthdays...its nice to have people say happy birthday and be nice to you (which they should be doing anyways) but as far as celebrating goes I don't see much relevance to that....its just another day...we should be known for our actions not for simply being born...

:a+

Guest jap naam

Who said anything about having parties and loud music!!!

Believe it or not there is some people who like to celebrate their birthday in the presence of sangat and by japing naam.

Hanji i agree having massive parties with loud music may be pointless.

I think the pointless factor depends on how it is celebrated.

I know alot of Gursikhs who celebrate their birthday at the Gurdwara by doing kirtan, simran, having a langar or an akhand paath.

Remembering and thanking Waheguru who blessed them with this wonderful life.

It depends on the type of celebration.

Loads of people getting drunk on your birthday and acting like retards is pointless

BUT

Japing Naam with your loved ones and thanking Waheguru on your birthday is not.

pray.gif