Do You Think It’s Wrong To Celebrate People’s Birthday?

Guest Gupt Singhni

Celebration of Birthdays  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think It?s Wrong To Celebrate People?s Birthday?

• YES
    • NO

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree that its only worth celbrating Guru jis birthdays, but i just want to no wot it rong with celcebrating sumones birthday??? i understand that the birhtday boy/girl will become a little big heaed i suppose with attnetion n stuff but is ther ny other reason y ppl think we shoulndt celebrate them??? grin.gif

Guest jap naam
I personally believe it is wrong because we should be only celebrating Guru Ji’s birthday.

erm nothing wrong with celebrating a birthdai, as long as u dnt have meat or shrab or give it 2 others.

o yeh and have an egg less cake plz.

:TH:

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION - YES

why dont I celebrate this wonderful gift bestowed by my mitr pyara the almighty Waheguroo ji!!!

i am chosen to be a human after my "great journey" through 84 lakh joons

i am chosen to get "Mukhti" in this form of life "human life". in no other form of life one can attain "Mukhti" - gurbani says.

the almighty Waheguru showered all "rung" and "sughandh" on me in this form of life. in no other form of life it is "sulabh" to a "jeev" - gurbani says.

no reason to fear from the death because it is the best and easiest possible way to meet "Pooran parmanand". by every ending day we are getting closer and closer to that "pooran parmanand". why dont i celebrate when i get closer to my mitr pyara every time i celebrate my birthday.

the way of celebration!!! well, one can opine differently from other's.

i am and will celebrate my birthdays. doing seva at guru ghar and organizing a family get- to-geather too.

personally i dont see a reason to celebrate, as we get older we realise how much time we have wasted, without japping naam. We realise that we havent got very far on our path to reaching mahraj. Birthdays kinda give me a wake up call, and remind me that death will be coming, we are getting older and have we spent our time wisely?

Guest peacemaker
personally i dont see a reason to celebrate, as we get older we realise how much time we have wasted, without japping naam. We realise that we havent got very far on our path to reaching mahraj. Birthdays kinda give me a wake up call, and remind me that death will be coming, we are getting older and have we spent our time wisely?

I'm sorry, but that is really depressing to read. Who is "we"? Not everyone is the same, you know. Please don't make a generalization, and haven't I told you, in the past, to not say things that make a person want to go and hide in a hole because it makes them feel WORTHLESS.

General Comment now...

I'm just so sick of the mentality that some people have on this site of making someone feel so low that they shouldn't even bother getting up. And for the same reason some of you say this site is going down the tubes, is the same reason I won't give you my time anymore to show you that I don't care if it does or if it doesn't.

I used to spend 4 hours a day on this site and now I can only tolerate 4 minutes. Stop the rudeness and ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THE FEELINGS OF the member on the other side of the computer and also get rid of the stifling air present around here and maybe some of the older members like me will come back to posting again... It's your choice, of course

I'm sorry, but that is really depressing to read. Who is "we"? Not everyone is the same, you know. Please don't make a generalization, and haven't I told you, in the past, to not say things that make a person want to go and hide in a hole because it makes them feel WORTHLESS.

General Comment now...

I'm just so sick of the mentality that some people have on this site of making someone feel so low that they shouldn't even bother getting up. And for the same reason some of you say this site is going down the tubes, is the same reason I won't give you my time anymore to show you that I don't care if it does or if it doesn't.

I used to spend 4 hours a day on this site and now I can only tolerate 4 minutes. Stop the rudeness and ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THE FEELINGS OF the member on the other side of the computer and also get rid of the stifling air present around here and maybe some of the older members like me will come back to posting again... It's your choice, of course

Im really sorry paaji/penji. I didnt mean to hurt ur feelings, i shouldnt have used the word 'we'. I was refering to myself.

It was my personal opinion on the subject of birthdays

I was just trying to say that as we get older we should realise that we should stop wasting time, and concentrate harder on our jeevans. but ur rite, i have no rite to say nefink. Im really sorry tht i made u feel tht way.

vahigurujikakhalsa vahigurujikifateh

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION - YES

why dont I celebrate this wonderful gift bestowed by my mitr pyara the almighty Waheguroo ji!!!

i am chosen to be a human after my "great journey" through 84 lakh joons

i am chosen to get "Mukhti" in this form of life "human life". in no other form of life one can attain "Mukhti" - gurbani says.

the almighty Waheguru showered all "rung" and "sughandh" on me in this form of life. in no other form of life it is "sulabh" to a "jeev" - gurbani says.

no reason to fear from the death because it is the best and easiest possible way to meet "Pooran parmanand". by every ending day we are getting closer and closer to that "pooran parmanand". why dont i celebrate when i get closer to my mitr pyara every time i celebrate my birthday.

the way of celebration!!! well, one can opine differently from other's.

i am and will celebrate my birthdays. doing seva at guru ghar and organizing a family get- to-geather too.

:TH: