Cyber Swaroop Of Sggs Ji

I like the reply from sher punjabi it kinda makes sense, but is it necessary? Maybe, maybe not.

When you begin and you matha tek, do you matha tek to your computer?

But gurbani is jug meh chaanan| so gurbani is eternal its message and meaning is eternal, but if you look at the "procedures" of things then I would say having maharaaj saroop there during arambhtaa and samaapti should be taken into consideration.

On a side note reading from larivaar saroops has its own anand, that way you take your time reading I guess. I'm still double-minded on this though.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

Although daas believes there is nothing wrong with doing paath from the computer, there is definately a difference. I think when you have access to parkashman saroop of Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaaj, you should do sehaaj paath from there. Perhaps one should only resort to doing it online when you are at work, or you choose to read bani in spare time. But when doing sehaj paath, try your best to do it from physical saroop. There are many potential issues with using the internet. People can get easily distracted whilst on the computer, and start doing other things. You would also need to think about washing hands, not wearing shoes/socks, and so on, although the keyboard and mouse aren't exactly clean, and your not actually touching the angs. You don't want to be sitting on a chair either, so then you would have to sit on the floor with a laptop.. but then the laptop is also on the floor, and you're reading gurbani from it. So would you put a rumala under it?

Haha.. If you're sure you won't get distracted and positive that you can stay focused on the paath and ignore other stuff, and find a way get around the above mentioned issues, go right ahead. Its up to you if you feel satisfied with doing paath online. Daas would advise that you try to use actual parkash of Guru Jee when you can, and only resort to the internet when need be. I'm not saying theres anything wrong with it, but maybe its not the best for sehaj/anand paath.

But if one is sitting at the computer anyways, what better than to read bani, and get darshan of your Guru as much as possible.

But Daas doesn't know anything, just think about what I said, and make your own decision.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

According to the Panthic Sikh Rehit Maryada:
e. While undertaking a full reading of Guru Granth Sahib Ji, one should recite Anand Sahib (the first five and the last stanzas) and perform Ardaas. One should, thereafter, read Japuji Sahib.

A Sehaj Paath's Arambh (start) and Bhog (completion) should be done from a Sampooran Saroop of Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee as a Hukamnama can only be taken from a Sampooran Saroop of Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee (which cannot be done from the computer or a Pothi Sahib).

After doing Arambh of Sehaj Paath from Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee, if due to personal circumstances if one continues the Sehaj Paath from Pothi Sahibs (small volumes) or from the computer/laptop, then according to elder Gursikhs there is no objection.

However, the Bhog (completion) of the Sehaj Paath should be done in presence of Prakaash Saroop of Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee, followed by recitation of 6 Paurian of Anand Sahib, Ardaas and Hukamnama. Then Karhah Parshad is distributed.

addition to the maryada stated by sher panjabi is that full anand sahib shud be done and full japji sahib jee shud be read on completion of an AKHAND PAAT . . . differences may occur in maryada for that of sehaj paat.

Thanx sangat ji

i think i got the guidance i looked for through this thread. i am putting it in my next post.

here i want to thank my bhaenji Tanu Kaur for this :-

Trust me, it's ok if you don't get time, the point of a sehaj paath is to take your time anyway! But don't resort to cyber saroops (plus srigranth.org isn't shudh)

anyone please refer where there is a shudh swaroop of SGGS ji. maafi ji

i got following guidance through guru roop sangat ji. i am putting it here if i got it correct, if i am still incorrect anywhere, i believe i may be corrected by sangat ji itself.

1. Sahaj Paath Sahib ji must be done with the true king, sachcha patshah SGGS ji in thy sampooran prakashman physical saroop.

2. as we all know and do, maximum respect must be given, which may be offended while on cyber saroop. one may be doing paath by sitting on the chair, shoes on, some unwanted material on the table or on / in the computer.

3. at the biginning, madh or at the sampoorn, one must make and distribute kadah prashad and try to do it in presence of sangat ji which may not be possible with cyber saroop. path of six pauries / sampooran of anand sahib and sampooan japji sahib is still possible though.

i convey my special dhanvaad to "banda ji", "papi ji" and "tanu kaur ji"

please correct this moorakh if i am still making mistakes in grasping knowledge sangat ji "waved" towards me.

there is also some points i disagree with. that are in next post.

maafi ji

i feel following points are dis agreeable, sangat ji kind enough, forgive this moorakh if offending anyone. maafi ji

1. arambh and sampoornata with the sampooran prakashman physical saroop of SGGS ji and remaining part of Sahaj paath sahib on cyber saroop.

= that what is once wrong, always wrong, and what is right, is omnipresent forever.

2. anand (pleasure) in doing paath sahib with the sampooran prakashman physical saroop and not with cyber saroop.

= the anand is eternal, must not effected.

however, i experienced that by touching the ANGs of SGGS ji in thy sampooran prakashman physical saroop, it pours the love through my soul and fill my inner self with "shanti" peace and harmony.

TOUCHING THE ANGS OF SGGS JI

waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fateh