Club Khalsa

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gurfathe Ji...

It can be understable why people do not take lungar from those who are not amritdari.

E.g... A couple of weeks ago when getting lungar (from the Gurdwara) poured into our trays from the "sewadar" we later notcied she was chewing gum....!!! That is NO WAY to be doing any sort of seva, esp when serving those with lungar.

People just dont realise what the term "sauchum" means, after approching the girl about her actions, she did not move from her stand, she stood there continuing to serve, after a couple of mins, appraoched her again and asked her if she had understood what she was just told, she said she did and that she had swallowed her gum!!!!

SO i dont blame people if they are cautious about taking lungar from others who are not amritdari.

Gurftahe Ji.

Tapoban Sikhs (and maybe AKJ Sikhs) believe only amritdharis should cook food and do seva in the gurdwara.

I think that's pathetic. Yes i agree Amrithdharee are suposed to only consume food made my Amrithdharee - fine. BUT i think it's stupid if Tapoban and AKJ Sikhs go round saying non Amrithdharee aren't supposed to fix up the food just becuase their not Amrithdharee.

NO ONE WAS BORN AMRITHDHAREE, if we don't welcome our Sikh brothers and sisters to make them feel they CAN become Amrithdharee who will? We all started somewhere so having crap like only CERTAINS can make the langer is wrong. BUT I'm not disrespecting what we've been told about only eating food prepared by Amrithdharee's but it's just wrong going into a Gurdwara Sahib and treating Sangath like that. It's our Sangath that will help us get through this ocean of Kaljug - making yourself superior to them means your breaking the boat plank by plank - soon we'll be sitting on just a raft.

At home etc have Amrithdharee make you food, in the Gurdwara Sahib there shuldn't be ANY 'must-haves'.

Wahe guru ji ka khalsa Wahe guru ji ki fateh

How far we have come from back in Guru ji's time langar and seva was done regardless who's making, who's serving and who's eating. Sharda, and love was the call of the day.

A lot has been changed. A lot has been seperated in our khalsa brotherhood, the oneness has gone and basic Love forgotten.

Wahe guru ji ka khalsa Wahe guru ji ka fateh

Tapoban Sikhs (and maybe AKJ Sikhs) believe only amritdharis should cook food and do seva in the gurdwara.

I think that's pathetic. Yes i agree Amrithdharee are suposed to only consume food made my Amrithdharee - fine. BUT i think it's stupid if Tapoban and AKJ Sikhs go round saying non Amrithdharee aren't supposed to fix up the food just becuase their not Amrithdharee.

NO ONE WAS BORN AMRITHDHAREE, if we don't welcome our Sikh brothers and sisters to make them feel they CAN become Amrithdharee who will? We all started somewhere so having crap like only CERTAINS can make the langer is wrong. BUT I'm not disrespecting what we've been told about only eating food prepared by Amrithdharee's but it's just wrong going into a Gurdwara Sahib and treating Sangath like that. It's our Sangath that will help us get through this ocean of Kaljug - making yourself superior to them means your breaking the boat plank by plank - soon we'll be sitting on just a raft.

At home etc have Amrithdharee make you food, in the Gurdwara Sahib there shuldn't be ANY 'must-haves'.

hmmm, im not a bibeki myself, but i hope to wen im a bit older, but im just thinking,

isnt the point of langar that anyone should be able to eat it? In that case, shouldnt it be prepared so that bibekis can also eat it? And also, isnt that sort of double standards, that in Sikhi amritdharis ideally should not be eating from non-amritdharis, but its non amritdharis cookin food at Gurdvaras, which should be setting examples?? hmmmmm...

oh and whats this about "Tapoban Sikhs", "AKJ sikhs", whos making the divides now eh?

*Mod Edit - no personal attacks allowed*

Guest Papi
Wahe guru ji ka khalsa Wahe guru ji ki fateh

How far we have come from back in Guru ji's time langar and seva was done regardless who's making, who's serving and who's eating. Sharda, and love was the call of the day.

A lot has been changed. A lot has been seperated in our khalsa brotherhood, the oneness has gone and basic Love forgotten.

Wahe guru ji ka khalsa Wahe guru ji ka fateh

well said :TH:

honestly i beleive that bibi singhstah has a point, if there are bibekis out there then they can't eat at gurughars if non amritdharis are making the langar..

i dont think it should be a turn off or a like superior thing if only amritdharis make langar because it should only inspire others to take amrit and become a real sevadaar.. i think that like moneh not being able to do certain sevas n stuff like degh, ardas, parkash/sukhasan, langar n stuff is because they are not iniated into the panth yet.. if anyone could do anything an amritdhari does then whats the difference between the two..

at that rate, moneh won't even start taking amrit cuz they're like we can do everything they do, so whats the difference if i take amrit.. i think one should learn how to do the seva i.e watch and ask questions and then once u've taken amrit u'll be prepared enuff and know how to do it properly that u will be able to