Watching Tv And Cinemas

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

This Gyani at a Gurdwara said we shouldn't do Nitnem and watch films or go to cinemas at the same time. He said we shouldn't say one thing and do the other.

He mentioned a Pauri from Sukhmani Sahib. So now i try to watch only the news. I can understand why the Taliban banned the TVs.

Documentaries are okay because you learn something from them.

"This Gyani at a Gurdwara said we shouldn't do Nitnem and watch films or go to cinemas at the same time."

well..er... the first tym i read that i thought.. how can u manage to do that :lol: @

"I can understand why the Taliban banned the TVs." where did talibans come from?

well all these programmes u watch are focused on antigurmat stuff

Best example: eastenders lol

Although.. i like apprentice..and top gear.. i guess they count as documentaries rolleyes.gif lol

Guest Papi
This Gyani at a Gurdwara said we shouldn't do Nitnem and watch films or go to cinemas at the same time
errr i dont think thats humanly possible rolleyes.gif

Guest Papi

instead of banning something we dont like, do we ever consider just ignoring it and not getting involved in it rolleyes.gif

too much ban this ban that crap nonono.gif we can't force good will onto someone, only waheguru is capable of doing that

I feel if ur mind is immersed ....not immersed actually that's a quite high avastha..... but if ur mind's devoted to guru and gurbani the music and films etc just don't taste good anymore instead u shun them as they make u feel uncomfortable and ashamed from inside coz deep down you know this is anti gurmat and ur mind wouldn't allow u anymore to watch this 'koor'.

I feel if ur mind is immersed ....not immersed actually that's a quite high avastha..... but if ur mind's devoted to guru and gurbani the music and films etc just don't taste good anymore instead u shun them as they make u feel uncomfortable and ashamed from inside coz deep down you know this is anti gurmat and ur mind wouldn't allow u anymore to watch this 'koor'.

spot on! :TH:

Guest Gupt Singhni

spot on! :TH:

Hit the nail on the head! :TH: