Dont Judge Mona Guys And Girls

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kool, keep it up..................now if only these issues could be raised in front of the entire sangat in gurdwaras in English.

PAPI

PAJI, IF THE BASICS ARENT THERE THEN HOW CAN THEY BE CLASSED AS A SIKH, A TRUE KHALSA?

IM NOT SAYING THEY HAVENT GOT IT IN THEM TO BE TRUE KHALSA, I MYSELF NOT LONG AGO WAS A MONAH AND WAS COMPLETELY ON THE WRONG PATH. WHEN I REALISED THE TRUE PATH OF A TRUE KHALSA, I TOOK THE OATH WITHOUT DELAY.

IM NOT SAYING IM RIGHT, ITS JUST MY VIEW PAJI. PLEASE DONT TAKE OFFENCE OR THINK I AM ARGUING WITH YOU.

FATEH

no paji i havent took anyfing offence i got the same views as u, its true what u said thats all i'm trying 2 say

my dad is a Mona he drinks, smokes, cuts hair and eats meat BUT he encorouges me - he says he doesnt have the strength for sikhi but i do.....................encourages me to keep hair, beard, not eat meat, and go to gurdwara so im lucky in a way i guess

People have good hearts some bad habits thats why i dont judge mona guys and women AND YOU SHOULDNT EITHER.

We should all UNITE.

We forget that people are different.. we assume that people know as much as us, or we think that we know more than mona because we keep our kesh. keeping kesh doesnt suddenly send our IQs up does it but we've been blessed in that we know we should keep it.

So Dont Judge let them get there in their own time :TH:

I guess maybe its a case of don't judge a book by its cover, it can go both ways whether your amritdhari or cut your hair, you can't i guess 'measure' how much pyaar some1 has for sikhi through their image? it is evident that if a sikh chooses to keep their hair in most cases they wish to follow their faith, but it doesn't mean that those who do not don't share the same love for their religion. But i do agree, i think we should unite.

But i think sometimes with good there will always be bad, and we should remember that. I know a lot of crappy things have happened recently, but at least the unity with the sangat here and the responses to this topic also shows a form of unity within our community.

i hope what i've written makes sense, and i haven't offended anyone. :lol:

Fateh.

Account of Khafi Khan is highly unreliable as he has written Sikh history from Islamic viewpoint and accused Sikhs of many wrong doings which never occured. He was a muslim who despised Sikhs and his account contradicts numerous other accounts of the time. "Beardless" could easily mean women or young Sikhs. Bhai Hakikat Singh was beardless was he became a shaheed and so were three young Sahibzadas. beardless cannot refer to mona because there is only type of a Sikh with one identity. monay are humans but those who are not amritdhari and rehatvaan are not Sikhs. When Guru Sahib completed the mission of Akal Purakh, Sikh became Khalsa. Hence there is no difference between Sikh and Khalsa. No puratan source makes distinction between the two. In recent times, anti-sikhi forces have started to make the distinction and unfortunately monay took up on that and started calling themselves "Sikhs" who are not yet Khalsa.

Account of Khafi Khan is highly unreliable as he has written Sikh history from Islamic viewpoint and accused Sikhs of many wrong doings which never occured. He was a muslim who despised Sikhs and his account contradicts numerous other accounts of the time. "Beardless" could easily mean women or young Sikhs. Bhai Hakikat Singh was beardless was he became a shaheed and so were three young Sahibzadas. beardless cannot refer to mona because there is only type of a Sikh with one identity. monay are humans but those who are not amritdhari and rehatvaan are not Sikhs. When Guru Sahib completed the mission of Akal Purakh, Sikh became Khalsa. Hence there is no difference between Sikh and Khalsa. No puratan source makes distinction between the two. In recent times, anti-sikhi forces have started to make the distinction and unfortunately monay took up on that and started calling themselves "Sikhs" who are not yet Khalsa.

I think you're wrong. Joining the Khalsa, from the very beginning, was a voluntary move. Besides in at least one case (Diwan Kaura Mal) someone who was a mona Sikh (thats right) gave crucial support to the Khalsa against the Moghuls. Do you think this was the only guy like this? Do you think Khalsas didn't help from ordinary Panjabis in their hour of trial?

Read some extracts from Rattan Bhangus work. Sehajdharis have always been here. Always will. Its only your egos that make you differentiate. If it got messy and you were being hunted down like dogs you would be grateful for any help you would get. Read also the story of Sukha Singh (who slew Massa Ranghar with Mehtab Singh) prior to taking amrit he would help hide Singhs.

Besides I don't expect Khafi Khan to be friendly towards Sikhs but what motivation would be have to reference the beard and beardless thing way back in the early 1700s. Maybe it is just plain too hard for certain people to except that our history is not as clean cut as it has been presented by some.

Read up on Kaura Mal please.

my dad is a Mona he drinks, smokes, cuts hair and eats meat BUT he encorouges me - he says he doesnt have the strength for sikhi but i do.....................encourages me to keep hair, beard, not eat meat, and go to gurdwara so im lucky in a way i guess

People have good hearts some bad habits thats why i dont judge mona guys and women AND YOU SHOULDNT EITHER.

We should all UNITE.

We forget that people are different.. we assume that people know as much as us, or we think that we know more than mona because we keep our kesh. keeping kesh doesnt suddenly send our IQs up does it but we've been blessed in that we know we should keep it.

So Dont Judge let them get there in their own time :TH:

Good post, bro. I am a mona!

I am getting sick & tired of singhs and singhins judging me and calling me a non-sikh. I usually don't like to hang out with these kinds of people. It is sad that I get much more love and respect from other communities (especially from Muslim community) than I do from Sikh community.

1752 - The cooperation between Sikhs and Mir Mannu snapped as a result of Kaura Mal's death. This was evident from action during Abdali's third invasion. The Sikhs under the patronage of Diwan Kaura Mal, a Khulasa Sikhs, had cooperated with Mir Mannu. henceforth, Mir Mannu as a nominee of Afghans pursued the policy of extirpating Sikhs. If nothing else, their women and children were taken to Nakhas, Lahore, in hundreds, and were subjected to gruesome torture and martyred. In 18 months, he killed about 30,000 Sikhs. The peasentry crushed, because of the Afghan depredations and roving provincial troops in search of the Sikh families, joined the Khalsa fold in large numbers who offered them protection.

http://www.allaboutsikhs.com/sikh-history/...-6th-march.html

I think you're wrong. Joining the Khalsa, from the very beginning, was a voluntary move.

I would like to see the proof from Gurbani, Vaaran and other credible sources such as Rehatnamas.

Besides in at least one case (Diwan Kaura Mal) someone who was a mona Sikh (thats right) gave crucial support to the Khalsa against the Moghuls. Do you think this was the only guy like this? Do you think Khalsas didn't help from ordinary Panjabis in their hour of trial?

Being a mona and helping Sikhs doesn’t make anyone a Sikh. Gani Khan and Nabi Khan and Pir Buddhu Shah also helped Sikhs but they themselves were not Sikhs. Sikhs helped hindu community and saved their women. Does that make those Sikhs hindus? Absolutely not. Diwan Kaura Mall was not a Sikh. Back in those times Sehajdhari was he who could not completely abandon hindu rituals and was not ready to join Sikhi. Sehajdhari refers to those who were slowly becoming Sikhs from other religions such as Hinduism and islam. Conversation of sehajdharis with Guru Sahib also shows that Guru Sahib wished them to become Khalsa which was not an optional move otherwise Sikhs like Bhai Taru Singh Ji would’ve cut their hair and still considered themselves Sikhs.

Read some extracts from Rattan Bhangus work. Sehajdharis have always been here. Always will. Its only your egos that make you differentiate.

They have been there but never considered Sikhs. Guru Sahib did not make two different type of Sikhs. Can you point to a single reference that pertains to sehajdhari rehat and khalsa rehat as two different things? I am simply talking about Sikhi. By attacking me personally it shows who is the intolerant one.

If it got messy and you were being hunted down like dogs you would be grateful for any help you would get. Read also the story of Sukha Singh (who slew Massa Ranghar with Mehtab Singh) prior to taking amrit he would help hide Singhs.

Once again, helping Sikhs did not make anyone Sikh.

You need to find sources that state that becoming Khalsa is optional, and rehat of sehajdharis. Those who claim such are not only ignorant but also directly attacking Sikhi. Guru Sahib gave his roop to Khalsa not to anyone else. Were there any misl of monay? How many monay were beheaded to receive rewards? It is you who need to contemplate on Sikhi first. Sikhi is defined by Gurbani and rehat of Guru Sahib not on jeevans of individuals.