Hindu Lady Guru Maa

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

This Hindu lady called Guru Maa was giving a discourse. A Sikh stood up saying to whom does the word Charan (feet) of the Guru refer too, in Gurbani.

She replied "I have a question which will baffle all Sikhs, if only Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the Guru, then why did the 5th Guru not give Guruship to it, he's the one who complied it. Why were there 5 more Gurus after him."

She said to meet the God you have to meet an enlightened one. She quoted Brahm Gyani Ki Gat Brahm Gyani Janey.

Of course a very cunning lady, but why do Sikhs attend her discourses and ask these questions.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have listened to her Hindu discourses, as well her discourses on Japji Sahib aired on Sukhsagar radio (UK). What exactly is cunning that you find Guru pyaareyo? She is a non-Sikh who has openly said that there is nothing in any religion that comes close to Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee. Yes I heard her say that. And I doubt if she was referring to herself as Brahm Gyani. By the way I am not defending her. Just that I found her katha on Japji Sahib as amazing as I found other Sikh katha-vachaks.

The fifth Guru did not finish writing all of Guru Granth Maharaj. The tenth Guru added in the Bani of his father, the ninth Guru, so it was not complete until then. Also, just because the fifth Guru Maharaj compiled it does not mean the transformation was ready. The Panth had to undergo further changes before it formed as the Khalsa Panth under the instruction of Guru Gobind Singh.

I've never heard of this lady nor her discourses. The problem with people like these is that they look for "flaws" in religion. She was looking for flaws but what she found were flaws that no 'ordinary' Sikh could answer so expressed them. Until one has true understanding of Sikhi, one will always find "flaws" or areas where many Sikhs do not know the answer. But a true Brahmgiani will know the answers to every question there is.

Guest Guest
Everytime I've heard her, she is pro-sikh, pro-guru & tells many stories of the gurus.

She's a punjaban herself.

....Yes she is very learnt about Sikhi. Her discourses come on Aastha TV. But she does have a slight Hindu agenda.

This gurumaa aint a hindu. She was born in a sikh family in amritsar. Her name was Gurpreet Kaur Grover nd her parents migrated frm pakistan (gujranwala) after migration. She aint nothing except a money making machine. How can she preach gurmat and brahmanism at the same time??? A hypocrat. If she can do translations of japji sahib and jaap sahib etc and can understand sikh philosophy why can't she practise it on herself first. Doesn't she understand that sikh philosophy and brahmanism are two opposite philosiphies and can't go hand in hand.

To me she seems a fraud and nothing else, she's using gurbani to woo sikh people and hindu stuff to woo millions of hindus all over india. No wonder she has set up a palatial 'ashram' in india. There are lot of such pakhandis, swamis, gurus who are all over india like sai baba, asaram bapu, etc who befool the spiritualy starved hindus and befool them like brahmans have done over centuries. U don't have to have a qualification for that, all u need is to be a good speaker, any amount of knowledge will do.

Take time to visit her posh website. You can also chat wiv her lolz.

http://www.gurumaa.com/index.php

Guest Guest

I think you have to face that some people preffer Hinduism more. And to be quite frank theres nothing wrong with that. Religions are different routes to the same destination.

Every religion has good in it. When preeching to various people of all sorts of background, I dont see whats wrong with teaching them about the good qualities from various religions.

I met Roop Singh once, a famious story teller (google him). He said 'rather than look for the differences, look for the similarities'.

This Hindu lady called Guru Maa was giving a discourse. A Sikh stood up saying to whom does the word Charan (feet) of the Guru refer too, in Gurbani.

She replied "I have a question which will baffle all Sikhs, if only Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the Guru, then why did the 5th Guru not give Guruship to it, he's the one who complied it. Why were there 5 more Gurus after him."

She said to meet the God you have to meet an enlightened one. She quoted Brahm Gyani Ki Gat Brahm Gyani Janey.

Of course a very cunning lady, but why do Sikhs attend her discourses and ask these questions.

she seems to be giving some pretty cheesy excuses there.

Whoever this so called Sikh was,he was a misguided one.As he would have not attended any lecture by such misguided person.

If indeed he was a Sikh then he would have answer her as below:

"

1:Piarey Guru Arjan Dev Sahib Maharaj did not give Guruship to Guru Granth Sahib at that time because Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Maharaj was to add more Bani during his time and also a salok by Guru Gobind Singh Sahib maharaj itself!

2:Before the Guruship can be given to Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj, Guru Gobind Singh Sahib maharaj was to introduce a new way of baptism to the Panth. To replace the Charan Pahul to Khandey ke Pahul as Guruship would soon be givent to Jugu Jug ATAL Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj "