Sikhism Failing - Will There Be A Future For Sikhi

G.I JATT

"QUOTE(G.I JATT @ Jun 18 2007, 12:51 PM)

I just want to know the sangats views on sikhism for the future, the youths these days either blame the gurdwara's or parents for lack of knowledge.

Me personally i would say i have had more support from my parents, but with my own time i learnt more about my sikhi through the internet and talking to people. Honestly i would say ive never learnt much from a gurdwara, apart from when someones doing katha.

Ive also seen quite a few young gursikhs out there now than before, is this beacause what happend in 1984. is it when a religions attacked thats when it grows.

Alot of sikhs out there only now sikhi as name, who is it up to to preach.

I also personally thing that our parents know more about culture and religion, as alot of of them are from punjab. But us being the future sikhs not knowing much as we alll come from Uk, USA, Canada or werever where will sikhi lead too.

Muslims at a stage when they did come over made schools, is it too late for sikhs too now beacuse the punjabi culture in the uk aint got much longer to go. so will the youth be willing to learn. As most the populations already adopted the western culture."

I just like to say that I agree with some of your views, however on a constructive note, i personally think when communities promote or use their family names instead of singh or kaur, it is this small but magnifying subliminal impact which draws the curtains down on the breathing living growth of sikhi. Without cause any offence, but names like J.I. Jatt, or many other people, especially many gurdwara committee members who desire to state their family name, is this not singling out on a caste, is this not a route to angle out surnames given to us of ‘singh’ and ‘kaur’.

I personally felt that by honouring the surname singh and kaur, the male remains a lion for the rest of his life, and the female remains the princess she was born for the rest of her life.

You see, for example if one has the sure name Bains, after marriage the bride usually takes forward this surname, replacing her maiden family name. The effect of this is that the bride would now be represent with a new caste of wealth and identity. Her original identity will no longer exist, unless she follows her maiden name. The point is that these family names carry luggage of castes or wealth forward, but by removing these surnames and simply honouring kaur and singh, the bride would remain a princess before and after marriage. Her identity would never be broken or stolen. I see this as a sing of a women’s independence and their right to remain equal in the world of sikhi.

Very small issues like this can have the most serious of effects that most people forget to remember.

Sat Sri Akal;

There is no need to worry, as the Gurbani teach us everything is the wish of God. It is just a test and the Gursikhs have to follow the path of our Guru. The weak people could not follow this path, but the Guru is above all and noone knows whenever any person cn return to Sikhi. We see many pictures of Patits becoming Amritdhari sikhs.

Who knows there is another nalwa among us, just waiting to realise his destiny from Guru. A single movement can change this all, all we need is a good leader as Nawab Kapoor Singh; Akali Phoola Singh, Hari Singh Nalwa; Jassa singh Ahluwalia; jassa Singh Ramgharia, Jarnail singh. One good leader and all will Change. This is also wish of God.

We should never be negative in life or else we are far from our Guru which states that always be in Chardi kala, and everything is wish of God, so never get upset over things done by God, always feel good because God never does wrong to anyone, there can be shot time debacles but these things only make us strong and in overall overview over along period everyone will realise this.

If people leave Sikhi it not a is not loss to Sikhi, compared to the loss they have. After the second Ghalughara most of the sikhs were killed, it is a big loss but they come strong. They were positive in life and accepted everything as the wish of God. So never mind it is just a time when Guru is testing us, all of us have to be strong in Sikhi and i will end by saying one good leader and we will have our Raaj.

Regards,

Sat Sri Akal;

As most of the Gursikhs who have some even slight sikhi, were killed in False encounters or are in illegal custody. So only cowards were left in Punjab whose blood had become white, these people cannot teach there children what sikhi is. So next generation comprises most of cowards who are indulged into drugs as Indian govt wants. These people did ot know name of first Guru, are clean shaven, use abusive language and are front runners in all religious functions. This is irony in Punjab.

But as there are few Sikhs still in Punjab, the youth in Punjab needs a proper direction, a new leader that can fulfill there spiritual needs and help us to regain our self respect after an initial setbacks in Sikh movement. As in Germany after first world war there was choas, Hitler act as strong leader and take them to new height of glory. What we wants is a leader as Nawab kapoor Singh or Akali Phoola Singh and there are thousands of our beloved Generals. Saradar Bughail singh Fly Kesri Jhanda on Red Fort.

So it is only initial setback, Everything is the wish of God, As God never does wrong to anyone, this may appear bad in small frame of time but when we will look into overall scenario in future this will appear as the greatest comeback a race has ever done.

Remember second Ghalughara, The sikhs were thought to have suffered greatest loss ever, thousands were massacared by Abdali, but sikhs never loose faith in god, they were always in Chardi kala they say " Tera Bhana Meetha lagey" .It is the true sikhi, to live in wishes of God in every circumstances and accepts everything as the wish of Guru, without any remorse. They were able to defeat Abdali and later establish the strongest rule in world, what was taken away from us by some traitors.

To all my brothers never be sad, if we do so it proves we are having a doubt in Guru, Remember everything is wish of our Guru and we should have faith in him.

This will all change whenever our Guru wants, just remember it is just a test for Sikhs, and it is our history sikhs give there heads rather than our religion, so all of us would promise to ourselves that we will remain Sikh till there is last breath in our Body.

Just never be sad remember it takes just a good leader to change the tide, one good leader and everything will change and that too can only happens when our Guru wants, remember there can be thousands nalwa in our religion just our Guru has to realise him of there duties.

Regards

I will end as

Tere khandene jina de mooh mode oh sanu pher lalakarde ne|

Baajan wale baaj nu bhej tatheere pher udarri marde ne||

Waheguru jee da Khalsa|

Waheguru jee dee Fateh||

Sat Sri Akal;

As most of the Gursikhs who have some even slight sikhi, were killed in False encounters or are in illegal custody. So only cowards were left in Punjab whose blood had become white, these people cannot teach there children what sikhi is. So next generation comprises most of cowards who are indulged into drugs as Indian govt wants. These people did ot know name of first Guru, are clean shaven, use abusive language and are front runners in all religious functions. This is irony in Punjab.

But as there are few Sikhs still in Punjab, the youth in Punjab needs a proper direction, a new leader that can fulfill there spiritual needs and help us to regain our self respect after an initial setbacks in Sikh movement. As in Germany after first world war there was choas, Hitler act as strong leader and take them to new height of glory. What we wants is a leader as Nawab kapoor Singh or Akali Phoola Singh and there are thousands of our beloved Generals. Saradar Bughail singh Fly Kesri Jhanda on Red Fort.

So it is only initial setback, Everything is the wish of God, As God never does wrong to anyone, this may appear bad in small frame of time but when we will look into overall scenario in future this will appear as the greatest comeback a race has ever done.

Remember second Ghalughara, The sikhs were thought to have suffered greatest loss ever, thousands were massacared by Abdali, but sikhs never loose faith in god, they were always in Chardi kala they say " Tera Bhana Meetha lagey" .It is the true sikhi, to live in wishes of God in every circumstances and accepts everything as the wish of Guru, without any remorse. They were able to defeat Abdali and later establish the strongest rule in world, what was taken away from us by some traitors.

To all my brothers never be sad, if we do so it proves we are having a doubt in Guru, Remember everything is wish of our Guru and we should have faith in him.

This will all change whenever our Guru wants, just remember it is just a test for Sikhs, and it is our history sikhs give there heads rather than our religion, so all of us would promise to ourselves that we will remain Sikh till there is last breath in our Body.

Just never be sad remember it takes just a good leader to change the tide, one good leader and everything will change and that too can only happens when our Guru wants, remember there can be thousands nalwa in our religion just our Guru has to realise him of there duties.

Regards

I will end as

Tere khandene jina de mooh mode oh sanu pher lalakarde ne|

Baajan wale baaj nu bhej tatheere pher udarri marde ne||

Waheguru jee da Khalsa|

Waheguru jee dee Fateh||