Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

jii

I was told this story that there was one Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji which when read would make the reader blind. I’m not sure this is true I would like it clarified. It was said that the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji was not finish in the writing stage and something had stole it, so some sort of ‘curse’ was done over whoever would read it, resulting in them losing their eyesight.

Is this true, or has this been made up? Apparently, it was called the Daasam Granth

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats just an insult on Guroo Sahib, guroo sahib ji isnt a book, saying that "reading" a certain saroop of Guroo Granth Sahib Ji Mahraj can cause u to go blind, is like saying that hearing Guroo Gobind Singh Ji speak can cause u to go blind, its a really disrespectful thing to say. Please say who is spreading such an idea, it is important to know.

Dasam Granth is NOT a Saroop of Guroo Granth Sahib Ji, it is a collection of sum of Guroo Gobind Singh Jis banis, with literature by other authors as well,but lets not go into that...

The way I heard it was:

It was the Adi Granth composed by Guru Arjun Dev Ji was stolen by some people. This was during Guru Gobind Singh's time, and he re-read it by heart and had it rewritten. There was only one change; one word from Khalasaa, to Khalsaa--I'm not sure why, I heard a few different reasons, maybe to make it different from the one that was stolen, maybe it was actually just an error, or maybe he just felt like it was better for some reason, I dunno. Anyways, then he said that whoever read that one would go blind, and supposedly to this day nobody has done so.

It's just what I've heard, I also don't know if it's true or not.

Guest Akirtghan
It was the Adi Granth composed by Guru Arjun Dev Ji was stolen by some people. This was during Guru Gobind Singh's time, and he re-read it by heart and had it rewritten.
saroop wasn't stolen, it was kept by someone and when guru gobind singh jee asked for saroop to be returned, the asnwer given was "if he really is nanak's jot then can he not make another saroop?" and guru sahib did so. this bit is correct.
There was only one change; one word from Khalasaa, to Khalsaa--I'm not sure why, I heard a few different reasons, maybe to make it different from the one that was stolen, maybe it was actually just an error, or maybe he just felt like it was better for some reason, I dunno.
i have never heard of this. what i've come across is that "kartarpur" (i think) saroop was not complete.
Anyways, then he said that whoever read that one would go blind, and supposedly to this day nobody has done so.
i have heard this as well. but for some reason i dont want to beleive in it

my history is very bad so i will ask my dad about this, he might know.

saroop wasn't stolen, it was kept by someone and when guru gobind singh jee asked for saroop to be returned, the asnwer given was "if he really is nanak's jot then can he not make another saroop?" and guru sahib did so. this bit is correct.

My bad, I remember that part too now.

I dont think that it goes that way!! i mean the part about re-writting the Guru Granth Sahib...

Most of the Guru Granth was washed away while Guru Guru Gobind Singh Ji was crossing the Yammuna River in Paunt after being ambushed. So he re wrote most the Guru Granth Sahib of his mind...

Sat Sri Akal;

The bani written by Gurus is mostly written only in praise of God. In sikhism there is no place for any superstition, so my friends it is just a myth.

The bani was washed away in Sutlej when Guru gobind singh was crossing it, so they have to create again.

If anyone thinks reading any saroop can make any person blind, it is just ignorence and you have no understanding of God.

As we read bani only in praise of God (except nihangs who read dasam granth too), it is very ironic that people thinks that reading bani from a saroop will make them blind.

So we should not indulge in spraeding myths, and just ask yourself whether any bani can do any bad to anyone?????????

never fear any bani of Guru written in any saroop will only help people (of all religions) and can never do any wrong. If we have even slight fear it is our doubt on our Guru and it is a wekness in our character.

regards.

I was told this story that there was one Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji which when read would make the reader blind. I’m not sure this is true I would like it clarified. It was said that the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji was not finish in the writing stage and something had stole it, so some sort of ‘curse’ was done over whoever would read it, resulting in them losing their eyesight.

Is this true, or has this been made up? Apparently, it was called the Daasam Granth

One of the most nonsensical things I have heard in association to SGGS.

The whole philosophy of the SGGS is against such madness and illogical happenings, magic and miracles.

More evidence of Sikhs who cant understand the basics.