Naam And Work

sall

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Dear sangat jeeo , I hope someone can clarify a query.

SGGS mentions clearly we should remember naam while we work daily, there is quote from SGGS which I cannot remember clearly. The question is if one is doing physical, mundane type of work it's possible to remember naam easily. How is one to rememer naam when one is occupied in the present age working in an IT related environment where one's mind is constantly bombarded with emails etc.Could Gursikhs give some examples of how they remember naam in such environments?

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

well put simran/kirtan/bani audio on from the computer you are working at threw your headphones and then you will always be listening to Guru Ji's Bani so you will be hopefully be reciting bani as well as doing your work :umm:

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

kaaraj kaam baatt ghaatt japeejai ||

While you work at your job, on the road and at the beach, meditate and chant.

gur prasaadh har a(n)mrith peejai ||2||

By Guru's Grace, drink in the Ambrosial Essence of the Lord. ||2||

--------------------------------------

Please read the whole shabad its so beautiful.

To jaap naam in a work environment needs a lot of practice and determination, but it’s possible and should be practiced. Not to forget education and when at home is a must to practice naam abhiyaas. People like me fail this but hopes the sangat does an ardaas.

These are a few things that you can do, practice naam abhiyaas with the tongue. One problem that someone might have with this is that they don’t want others thinking that they have gone mad, but mahraj tells us...

thaeree bhagath n shhoddo bhaavai log hasai ||

I shall not abandon devotional worship of You, O Lord, even if the people laugh at me.

So if one is serious about this, first thing to do is not care what people think.

If you got waheguroo on your tongue then you will automatically feel like doing it in your mind, but before this swaas swaas naam abhiyaas is important, as it helps when at the mind stage.

Then doing it in the mind will become automatic, even when talking you will have naam going through your mind, every breath taken will automatically say waheguroo. Even talking to someone, naam will not leave your mind, it’s so Gurrrrroooooooo. Sorry :umm:

Then athi pehar naam abhiyaas will be gained and all this is the gift from waheguroo, WE LOVE YOU WAHEGUROO!

Ardaas is the key to this, only when he wants it to happen will happen.

When I was a kid I wanted a play station, so I bugged and bugged my parents day and night, and then after a few months or even a year lol they bought me a playstation. That’s just an example, our guru is our father, keep on begging him, ask him you want to meet waheguroo, but what mahraj wants is to see how much you want it, so practice is very important. There is no need to read books, or ask questions just jaap naam.

Gurbani is also the key to this, it will help you to keep on the track and motivate you to jaap more naam, wake up amritwela, read gurbani, practice naam abhiyaas everywhere and keep a strict rehit.

It’s so beautiful to be an amrithari gursikh, Gurrrrooooo!

One thing will come in the way and that is laziness and impatiens, these will take you of track, so always keep that on mind. This could take years and years but don’t lose the determination, never do a dhill in naam abhiyaas or keeping rehit, read as much gurbani as possible.

For these two diseases there is only one cure and that is sangat, sangat has a big part to play on this. Only do sangat with naam abhiyaasi gurikhs.

There a few qualities which you will find in a naam rasiya gursikh. They are the first ones at the start of the keertan and the first ones to leave when the smathi has been done, they will not eat much and will defiantly not talk unless you grab them, which I personally think one shouldn’t do, to get something out of them is not by doing veechar but to jaap naam with them. There smile, and their eyes! When a gursikh smiles, Oh Waheguroo it is the most beautiful thing god has created.

Sorry for any mistakes.

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fateh

Guest Akirtghan
SGGS mentions clearly we should remember naam while we work daily, there is quote from SGGS which I cannot remember clearly

nwmw mwieAw moihAw khY iqlocnu mIq ]

naamaa maaeiaa mohiaa kehai thilochan meeth ||

Trilochan says, O Naam Dayv, Maya has enticed you, my friend. (because naam dev was always seen working by trilochan)

kwhy CIphu CwielY rwm n lwvhu cIqu ]212]

kaahae shheepahu shhaaeilai raam n laavahu cheeth ||212||

Why are you printing designs on these sheets, and not focusing your consciousness on the Lord? ||212||

nwmw khY iqlocnw muK qy rwmu sMm@wil ]

naamaa kehai thilochanaa mukh thae raam sa(n)mhaal ||

Naam Dayv answers, O Trilochan, chant the Lord's Name with your mouth.

hwQ pwau kir kwmu sBu cIqu inrMjn nwil ]213]

haathh paao kar kaam sabh cheeth nira(n)jan naal ||213||

With your hands and feet, do all your work, but let your consciousness remain with the Immaculate Lord. ||213||

this is only be accomplished by kirpa, thats the only way. you can try all you want, it wont work. do ardaas, and as guru sahib does kirpa on his sikh's, you get to a stage where naam abhiyaas goes on automatically inside of you. this is a very high avastha and take many years so we must also be patient.

SGGS mentions clearly we should remember naam while we work daily, there is quote from SGGS which I cannot remember clearly

nwmw mwieAw moihAw khY iqlocnu mIq ]

naamaa maaeiaa mohiaa kehai thilochan meeth ||

Trilochan says, O Naam Dayv, Maya has enticed you, my friend. (because naam dev was always seen working by trilochan)

kwhy CIphu CwielY rwm n lwvhu cIqu ]212]

kaahae shheepahu shhaaeilai raam n laavahu cheeth ||212||

Why are you printing designs on these sheets, and not focusing your consciousness on the Lord? ||212||

nwmw khY iqlocnw muK qy rwmu sMm@wil ]

naamaa kehai thilochanaa mukh thae raam sa(n)mhaal ||

Naam Dayv answers, O Trilochan, chant the Lord's Name with your mouth.

hwQ pwau kir kwmu sBu cIqu inrMjn nwil ]213]

haathh paao kar kaam sabh cheeth nira(n)jan naal ||213||

With your hands and feet, do all your work, but let your consciousness remain with the Immaculate Lord. ||213||

this is only be accomplished by kirpa, thats the only way. you can try all you want, it wont work. do ardaas, and as guru sahib does kirpa on his sikh's, you get to a stage where naam abhiyaas goes on automatically inside of you. this is a very high avastha and take many years so we must also be patient.

what does 'Kirpa' mean? is there more than one defintion of this word?

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Many thanks to Gursikhs for responding , I understand it's a higher state of naam and mind involved here.

Pwalla Jee jeeo could you please post me the panna for the shabad you mention in your post.

Please post any other shabads relating to work and naam if possible.

Thanks

ang 386

Page 386

aasaa mehulaa 5

Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:

oothuth baithuth sovuth dhiaaeeai

While standing up, and sitting down, and even while asleep, meditate on the Lord.

maarag chuluth hurae har gaaeeai

Walking on the Way, sing the Praises of the Lord. ||1||

sruvun suneejai anmrith kuthaa

With your ears, listen to the Ambrosial Sermon.

jaas sunee man hoe anundhaa dhookh rog mun sugulae luthaa

Listening to it, your mind shall be filled with bliss, and the troubles and diseases of your mind shall all depart. ||1||Pause||

kaaraj kaam baatt ghaatt jupeejai

gur prusaadh har anmrith peejai

dhinus rain har keeruthun gaaeeai

The humble being who sings the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises, day and night,

so jun jum kee vaatt n paaeeai

does not have to go with the Messenger of Death. ||3||

aath pehur jis visurehi naahee

One who does not forget the Lord, twenty-four hours a day, is emancipated;

gath hovai naanuk this lag paaee

O Nanak, I fall at his feet. ||4||10||61||

:nihungsmile: :TH:

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Many thanks to Gursikhs for responding , I understand it's a higher state of naam and mind involved here.

Pwalla Jee jeeo could you please post me the panna for the shabad you mention in your post.

Please post any other shabads relating to work and naam if possible.

Thanks

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Aasaa on Pannaa 386

aasaa mehalaa 5 ||

oot(h)ath bait(h)ath sovath dhhiaaeeai ||

maarag chalath harae har gaaeeai ||1||

sravan suneejai a(n)mrith kathhaa ||

jaas sunee man hoe ana(n)dhaa dhookh rog man sagalae lathhaa ||1|| rehaao ||

kaaraj kaam baatt ghaatt japeejai ||

gur prasaadh har a(n)mrith peejai ||2||

dhinas rain har keerathan gaaeeai ||

so jan jam kee vaatt n paaeeai ||3||

aat(h) pehar jis visarehi naahee ||

gath hovai naanak this lag paaee ||4||10||61||

Aasaa, Fifth Mehla:

While standing up, and sitting down, and even while asleep, meditate on the Lord.

Walking on the Way, sing the Praises of the Lord. ||1||

With your ears, listen to the Ambrosial Sermon.

Listening to it, your mind shall be filled with bliss, and the troubles and diseases of your mind shall all depart. ||1||Pause||

The humble being who sings the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises, day and night,

does not have to go with the Messenger of Death. ||3||

One who does not forget the Lord, twenty-four hours a day, is emancipated;

O Nanak, I fall at his feet. ||4||10||61||

d_oh.gif

vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru vahiguru pray.gif

vahigurujikakhalsa vahigurujikifateh