Wrong

I agree 100% with khalistani, I think most of you don't understand what he is getting at.

I amount of respect I get because I wear a turban at work is wicked. At one place I use to work when I did not follow Sikhi but just had a turban, was wicked I was about 18 years old and people use to walk up to me and start to shake my hand and saying how happy they are to see a young person wearing a turban and working in a company with all english people Every day people use to give me respect the thing is I was not a Sikh I just had a turban.

The more I getting into Sikhi the less I watch TV and listen to music, I find all of my time is taken up by reading about Sikhi, listening to Kirtan/Katha/Paath and trying to be a better Sikh.

So I think we should try to look like :nihungsmile: in the west, and try to be like the Great Gursikh like before. The amount of respect some one gets by keeping a Turban is great but try to live up to what the Turban stands for.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Change as we already established can be both good and bad. Also situations dont change, its the environment that changes and we think that situation has changed.

For example 400 yrs ago, a mughal would have a kirpan in his hand and demand that you cut ur Kesh or your head would be cut.

In this day and age, same thing happens.

France says "Take off ur turban or you cant go to schools"

When you go for a job interview, The interviewer has a kirpan of steriotype in his/her hand, and the word might be sweet but they still have the same meaning as they did 400 yrs ago.

So Things just change forms.

But what a gursikh does is to adapt to whatever change that has happened. Adapting to the change doesnt mean that you have to change ur self. After Guru Gobind singh jee, when there was no sikh leadership, Gursikhs used to stay in the Jungles. They adapted to

the new change but didnt change themselves.

After reading the book (Sundri), i found out that Gursikhs did everything the same as they did when they didnt have to live in the jungle. So i believe adapting is better than change.

Lets say you a keshdhari singh ,go for a job interview, But are refused the job. Some will assume that its because of their appearance, when it might be because there were more qualified people avilable for that job.

So what do u do? Change your apreance or Get qualified?

The more I getting into Sikhi the less I watch TV and listen to music, I find all of my time is taken

up by reading about Sikhi, listening to Kirtan/Katha/Paath and trying to be a better Sikh.

I totally agree with this, as i dont watch TV that much and listen to music, as much as i used to.

Really good post Amardeep,

The thing about the interviews is so true, I when to a Interview a few days ago did not get the job. When I asked why the answer I got was

" You are really good and have the skills that we need, and would right for the role, the only reason that we did not give you the job is that you will not fit into the team"

So that means they don't like my turban and the fact I am a Sikh. Do I care no, its all up to WaheGuru.

So that means they don't like my turban and the fact I am a Sikh. Do I care no, its all up to WaheGuru.

I agree.

If all of us believed in Hukam then there's no doubt Sikhi would florish. Sometimes I get angry at how our parents generation gave up their Sikhi too easily when it came to finding a jobs.

Thing is that my parents told me to wear a small turban when I go for interviews. My answer was that tomorrow you will tell me to cut my hair off then go to interviews, I want to get the Job with the way Guru Ji wanted us to look as the Khalsa.

The youth nowaday are much stronger then our parents, and I can feel Khalsa Raja is coming soon.

Sorry to hear about you not getting the job, Chamkila veer jee. What you are doing is what Guru Gobind singh jee told us to do. To be a saint and a solider. Getting a job nowdays is a battle in itself because you have to fight of discrimination and steriotypes.

“Soora So Pehchaniye Jo larre Deen ke Heth,Purja Purja Katt Mare kabhu na chade Keth”

d

Wahegurujikakhalsa Wahegurujikifateh

I respect everyones views on the posting... and may wish to add a few points, please take anything you find useful and ignore anything you don't.

Firstly its ironic that we take about not changing yet we create this initial division within the Khalsa Brotherhood of Jatha's .. Taksal, AKJ, Nishkam etc etc with each one saying that 'their' rehit is the correct rehit and the others is 'wrong' some even go as far as labelling others as not even Gursikhs, it is very easy to talk about not watching TV, not doing certain things that have changed over the last 100 years or so, but it is us the Khalsa that have created the biggest change within ourselves, nowadays we are proud to call ourselves TAKSAL... i mean to me taksal is nothing, why have a taksal when we have the Khalsa Panth?? if you create change within our own brothers by putting up divides then what more can you expect, people will get put off and drift into things such as TV, Internet, Movies etc etc.

I was learning Paath at a local Gurdwara Sahib and during my 2nd lesson some 'kathavachak' came and sat in the class, we had barely passed Jaap Jee Sahib and out of the 2 hours of the class this 'Kathavachak' totally put down every person that does Paath except for Paathi's that have been taught from Taksal, out of the 15 students that were in the class 12 of them got up and left, if we are unable to promote Gursikh in a positive way the way the Gurus taught us then im afraid we are the ones guilty for making people accept these changes that you talk about, we need to let go of our ego's and come down to the level of Guru Jees Lotus Fee

t and accept that we are all brothers of the same father and we need to all work together, when someone see's a khalsa panth of millions of brothers all together they will no doubtdly be attract by the pyaar of Gursikhi and these others materialistic things such as TV, movies, Ineternet etc etc will not even be an issue.

Our 'Gurdwara's' need to see some radical change, when they actually become a house of Waheguru and not some political gain party house then will we ever see the Khalsa Panth flourish.

These changes that we talk about are happening for a reason, read Gurbani and more importantly understand it, and with the 'paraas kaala' you will automatically start to understand why things are happeneing the way they are, Guru Sahib has told us that there is yet a time to come that will see the raj of the Muslims and when 'soudaar' will need to be done, this is kuljug we are living in, until we start breaking these barriers that we have created between our own brothers we will be encourging more and more people to go towards these other manmut things.

We think that sitting on the internet and writing messages on message board is 'parchar' don't let us fool ourselves, effectivly we are also wasting time by doing this, im not saying it is a bad thing, becuase its not, BUT do not kid ourself that you can sit behind a screen for hours on end just writing these messages (i myself is probbaly guilty).... if we look some 70 years back, there was no internet yet parchar was still being done and Sikhi was much more flourishing at that time than it is now.... what good parchar that we might do by writing messages we counter that by wasting time talking on msn, chat rooms, etc etc

Bhull Chuuk Di Kayma

Wahegurujikakhalsa Wahegurujikifateh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Bhia sahib je, please read the post stay united. It explains how taksal ( i believe, wat u believe, i dont know why, your choice) was made by guru je as a place of learning gurbani and u can also learn other gurmat stuff like kirtan and gatka. The akj was made by bhia randheer singh je as a keertani group, someone who goes around and does keertan. These two were not jathas, but some people have created hate in our panth when the leaders of both these groups, were friends. Sant gurbachan singh je khalsa bhindranwale, the 12 mukhi of damdami taksal metha, and bhia randheer singh were very good friends. So if they were, why cant we?

bhul chuk maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!