The Handwriting Of Our Gurus And Others

http://www.info-sikh.com/PageRel2.html

I came across this site.

It has examples of the Guru's hukums that were sent to sangats across India.

I have a feeling that some of these may have been written by scribes and sent with the signatures of the Gurus as this was common practice.

Hope you enjoy.

D

Amazing...........i think years ago i saw something like this at the British Museam and they had an exhibition on sikhism we went with my local punjabi school.

Isnt there a way of asking the British Museam to do another exhibition on Sikhi............now we need to educate the masses more about sikhi than ever.......i mean look at the link provided most people from other religions get excited when they talk about the Holy grail BUT here we have Guru Ji's writing proving they existed etc.........

but you never know with these things do you if they are fake or not.........so lets be cautious.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Guys,

This site www.info-sikh.com (run by some wierd bloke from what I gather) is in the process of updating information about Guru Gobind Singh Ji as the Commander in chief of the Khalsa army. It is a great insight into the fighting tactics of the time and how Guru Ji changed them for the Khalsa fauj, also it goes into detail about the moral and ethical codes (or lack of them) of the armies at that time and how Guru Ji gave strict intructions of how his Khalsa was to conduct itself. Also, it goes into detail how Guru Ji trained the Sikhs - physically and psychologically. It then analysis the battles tactics of Bhangani and Anandpur.

Should be up by the weekend.

SuperSingh

I'm in full agreement with you. Some of these may be fake. That dress of Guru Hargobind (apparently worn when he left Gwalior fort) looks like a blatant fake. It is in way too good a condition to be as old as it purports to be.

It is good to see that some of the bros aren't being gullible!!!

You have to remember in those days writing wasn't standardised. So people may have spelt words differently.