Another Singh In Trouble

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2007/20070709/cth1.htm#12

Kidney patient hanging by thread

Tribune News Service

Chandigarh, July 8

Jaswinder is back in the hospital, this time in the intensive care unit (ICU) of the PGI, even as he was operated upon for a kidney transplant on April 20.

In fact, 19-year-old Jaswinder had been fighting for life when he was admitted to Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector 32, Chandigarh, on July 2, 2006, after he complained of stomachache.

Unable to meet the expenses of the treatment, his father Sohan Singh, a vegetable vendor, brought him back home and put him on self-medication.

He had to stop attending his school where he had been studying in class XII.

However, as his health deteriorated, Jaswinder was admitted to the PGI in January and subsequently with the help of donors his family was able to meet the expenses of his kidney transplant surgery.

His mother donated the kidney to save the life of her son.

“All our savings and the money that came in donations have been exhausted and I find it impossible to purchase costly medicines my son needed after the surgery,” lamented Sohan Singh.

“I needed Rs 30,000 for three months of postoperative treatment of my son. As I could not arrange for the money, I decided to cut down on some of the medicines, putting the life of my son in danger,” rued Sohan Singh.

But there is no other alternative, said the hapless father while sitting near the ICU.

“I am feeling guilty, as I cannot give proper treatment to my ailing son. Now, only donations can help save the life of my son,” he added.

The donors can contact the family at # 2041, Ram Darbar, Phase 2, or phone No. 9872865146.

How many people are in this forum? 5000+ (i think) if each of them gives 10 dollars which is more then enough for his surgery to be done. Instead of buying coffee at starbucks or a kitkat milk shake at dairy queen you could help save a life :wub: hearye.gif