i see

but why do ppl dislike the 3HO thing?

its basically described as:

a Healthy, Happy, Holy Lifestyle

theyre amrit-dhari sikhs right?

yes they are

ppl hate on them cuz they do yoga

haters need to screw off!!

Thats just screwed they're hated on beacuse they do yoga, whats wrong with yoga, i mean its becoming this craze now, they even have yoga classes at my local gurdwara.

Its funny how people need one reason to hate on someone but need a hundred reasons to love someone.

Where is the love? :wub: :sady:

Guest nikki_
whats a 3HO? :wub:

http://www.3ho.org/

i see

yes they are

They're hated on because they do yoga, :wub: Whats wrong with yoga? I mean its becoming a craze now, even at my local gurdwara they have yoga classes .

Where is the love? :wub:

Guest Guest

They're hated on because they do yoga, :wub: Whats wrong with yoga. I mean its becoming a craze now, even at my local gurdwara they have yoga classes for the grannies.

Screw the haters for sure :wub: Where is the love?

They do Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan. But they say it was the actual Mool Mantar and Gurmantar which brought them into Sikhi.

In this age it is difficult to do Yoga fully. People are not physically and mentally strong enough. Guru Jee has given us a easier path.

whats a 3HO? :wub:

http://www.3ho.org/

i see

yes they are

They're hated on because they do yoga, :wub: Whats wrong with yoga? I mean its becoming a craze now, even at my local gurdwara they have yoga classes .

Where is the love? :wub:

ye yoga is good aint it?

i would actually think that yoga would be something that sikhi encourages :wub:

Guest Guest

Personally had no idea about yogi bhajan and the yoga thing....BUT AGES AGO when I was 14....so almost 10 years ago I went to these Sikh camps and no offence to anyone but I got P*SSed off with the yoga talk....

It was literally like if you have a problem come and do YOGA....and then people had debates about how its best to say waheguru using a certain yoga breathing technique...I actually thought they were all LOONEY....the more I heard about how great Yoga the more I got annoyed....they do stuff like flows of energy and all this other nonsense stuff.

I will openly admit I don't like Yoga talk....it annoys the hell out of me not because its yoga....yes not cos its yoga.....but because some people replace Yoga like its core sikh material such as Gatka or something...Thats what I get annoyed about -

Fair enough you LOVE yoga but WHY make it out to be like one of the SIKH comandments....no offence to yoga lovers - I find it boring and the energy babble is not for me...if you love it make it clear that its your hobby and not some CORE sikhi belief...

Peace.

PS - have no problems with white sikhs at all....unless you start telling me yoga is the light cos then it don't matter if ure red, brown white, black...

Guest Akirtghan
sikhi doesn't discourage yoga nor is yoga limited to hindus :wub: . I don't understand wht people come up with irrational nonsensical comments about something that actually helps u stay physically fit and active.

the yoga classes i been to, made us recite mantra's like har harey hari ..... i didnt like that much :wub: apparantly it has to do with where your tounge touches inside of your mouth when you say the mantra. maybe a pressure point? regardless, its good for your health :wub:

Hardeep Singh said yoga was not an exercise but a philosophy which was opposed by Sikh gurus and nobody would be allowed to propagate such a philosophy from the premises of gurdwaras. He said there was no aim to hurt the sentiments of any person but all such practices, which were condemned by our gurus, would not be allowed in the gurdwaras.

http://www.sikhsangat.org/news/publish/asi...njab34232.shtml