Is Dastar A Punjabi Thing Or A Sikh Thing?

B4ND4

On a side note, I find it funny how you only mention men. What about women who do bad things as well? I am sure there are keshdhari women out there that are just as bad as those non-practising keshdhari men too.

I never denied women don't do bad stuff but that isn't the question at hand bai, the question was about turbans. man you think too much and always go off-track.

Well you did said "I see lot of men in dastars doing bad things" to be fair. I personally have seen women with turbans doing bad things. I just didn't want people to forget about them too.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Ezzzzzzz mate. the purpose i started this thread for was to talk about turbans not about judging someone. that was just an example i used. My concern was why every turban wearing person from punjab is called sikh.

i's kinda funny... most people (before 9/11) knew that we were sikhs... buh since 9/11, the media has made it look like every person wit a "turban"/dastaar is a muslim, which is kinda whack since every single so called "hi jacker" was clean shaven; the medias only link to the 'dastaar' is Bin Laden... so tha's how we get labelled... i's up to us as a whole, as a family, as a quam, to tell the world that there IS a difference between sikhs and others... the vast majority of those who dawn the crown, ARE sikhs, and people need to kno that... we need to represent that we ARE the sons and daughters of Dasam Patshaah Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj :wub:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm a Dastaar-wearing girl and usually get called a Muslim. Or were you talking about people from Punjab who actually live in Punjab? :wub:

Yeah me too, its funny tho because the other day a muslim woman wearing a hijab asked me whether I was Muslim...thats never happened to me before! :D

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm a Dastaar-wearing girl and usually get called a Muslim. Or were you talking about people from Punjab who actually live in Punjab? :wub:

Yes! i was basically talking about men in Punjab and the same men who come as immigrants to the west. They do everything against the sikh principles but still they are called sikhs..why? Just because they have a dastar?

well

we do the same thing

we call them "muslims" and "hindus" when they may or may not be following the principles. and we can't rely on "education" because it would be propagandistic...Hindu A might say something different from Hindu B who might say something different from Hindu C in terms of principles... same ways for muslims.

so why don't we say the right terms when we talk about "hindus" and "muslims"?

Guest baba amarjeet singh

hmmm thats probably becuase people might think your a boy. happens with my sister all the time rolleyes.gif

yes and it also happens to YOU tarrandeep kaur

:D

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm a Dastaar-wearing girl and usually get called a Muslim. Or were you talking about people from Punjab who actually live in Punjab? :D

hmmm thats probably becuase people might think your a boy. happens with my sister all the time rolleyes.gif

yes and it also happens to YOU tarrandeep kaur

:wub:

lol :wub: Actually most people think it is a weird sort of Hajab, but anyway..

Interesting point made by Japman, never thought about that before.