Sign in to follow this  
wjkk wjkf

Whats Up With Havelock Singh Sabha Gurudwara Southall?

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I've been in Heston/Southall for a while and will be most of August. Been going to both Gurudwaras everyother day. I noticed that there's not much sangat at Havelock Gurudwara (new one) and loads at Park Avenue. tongue.gif Just wondering if there's a specific reason for this. I couldn't work one out, or is it people just got used to going to Park Ave.? I don't know anyone here and wanted to know where to meet good sangat n stuff cos I've been soo bored lol.... :wub:

• Like 1

ooo i really wanna go to the new one, still havent been.

i heard they do simran every morning at park avenue gurdwara, maybe go to that and you;l meet some sangat.

fateh

Yes one reason is because they used 2 going 2 park avenue and once ur in the reg routine ya just dnt bother

Yeah..True.

Why don’t we just have one gudwara where all the sangat can go, instead of 4-5 in a small town/ city? Fair enough if they had some sort of historical representation then it’s understandable. But dout we do in the UK.

I think car park is an issue too. At park ave, ur guaranteed a space and also if ur in a rush parking at Park Ave is just easier. At Havelock rd, its wait for those traffic light things, park underground, walk all the way up. Or maybe I'm too lazy?? lol! but for older sangat it's more of an issue as you then are faced with quite a flight of stairs upto the Darbar sahib...

Guest Akirtghan

^^ that gurudwara is tooooooooo big man, too many different halls in it. what were thse guys thinking making a building so huge? and that too with so many stairs !!!! :wub:

I've been in Heston/Southall for a while and will be most of August. Been going to both Gurudwaras everyother day. I noticed that there's not much sangat at Havelock Gurudwara (new one) and loads at Park Avenue. tongue.gif Just wondering if there's a specific reason for this. I couldn't work one out, or is it people just got used to going to Park Ave.? I don't know anyone here and wanted to know where to meet good sangat n stuff cos I've been soo bored lol.... :wub:

I soo agree even on Bandi-Shorr Divas Park Ave Gurdwara was just full of people Metha teking and then off they go but at Havelock Street they actually had Dhadis and people were sitting instead of just doing the obligatory metha!

I was discussing this issue just recently with fellow sangat and we felt that Park Ave is just used as a Nice Gurdwara to get married in and do Akand Paths when others are full, Havelock Road is actually where the sangat and atmosphere is.

They should have built it in Uxbridge, i tell ya man there is need of a Gurdwara.

waheguru fateh ji,

these days havelock gurdwara in major chardikla, come mariage hall in evenings and you'll get the atmosphere where young sikhs and elders all jap naam together for hours .....and then do sukasan together and mornings too....its unmissable basically WAHEGRUU...

tooo bee honest with u i think theres the same amount of people at both gurdwara but the problem is havelock is way too big to notice all those people whereas park ave is slightly compact so it looks quite populated

haha mr. technical... its big but come on - compare 50 people yesterday at havelock to like 100 or so and counting at park avenue...this is all before noon btw...

Plus, people kno that they will end up meeting their friends and family at the old one(aka my dad) , so therez no point in going 2 da new 1, especially with the parking problem; itz southall ppl!

I went there 1 for divali, i think 2 years ago, i thought it had a gd vibe but i found the actual all a bit wierd and strange.

you know apneh; alwayz stuck in the past, no wonder that gurdwara is dead.

waheguru fateh ji,

these days havelock gurdwara in major chardikla, come mariage hall in evenings and you'll get the atmosphere where young sikhs and elders all jap naam together for hours .....and then do sukasan together and mornings too....its unmissable basically WAHEGRUU...

Could you please give us more information on this? what time in the evening is this taken place?

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh ji

Early mornings 5am to 7am, go right upstairs to the small room in the corner, very very chardikla naam simran happening.

Weekday evenings , amrriage hall singhs, elders doing naam simran, and if you don't find them there go towards the stairs area, you'll find someone japping naam.

Waheguru mehr rakhan sangat theh...... WAHE GURU.