"harmandar Sahib", Perhaps Darbar Sahib?

Guest Questioner

Guest Akirtghan

just so people know, originally, gold was not put on darbar sahib. gold was put on by maharaja ranjit singh. so i guess before that darbar sahib was called shri harminder sahib.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Akirtghan
Original name was Darbar Sahib. Name Harmandar comes from GBP 6 or Gur Bilaas Paatshahi 6. This book says that it is Hari's mandar (Hari = Vishnu). It says Vishnu got it built through Guru Sahib. SGPC passed a resolution like many years ago to call it Darbar Sahib but even SGPC has failed to implement its own resolutions. SGPC is just a gang of drug dealers and kesadhari Hindus.

thats a load of crap jamdoot.gif vishnu is not hari rolleyes.gif

that is true, however dont get me wrong when I say this, but one of the reasons Im asking is because hindus often do use this as a weapon to try to suggest that Guroo Sahib intended the panth to be a part of Hindu mat.

Its also rather intriguing to think why we wud hav Har Mandir as the name of one of the Khalsa's most important centres, if Guroo Sahib really did call it that.

Lastly, another reason why I'm asking is because if the name really did change from something to Har Mandir, then shouldnt it really be called what Guroo Sahib really intended it to be called? Darbar Sahib seems to make ALOT more sense to me. But who knows perhaps it mite have even been called somehting else by Guroo Sahib, if anything what Guroo Sahib wanted it to be called is more important than any other reason.

just an opinion, bhul chukk maff.

Original name was Darbar Sahib. Name Harmandar comes from GBP 6 or Gur Bilaas Paatshahi 6. This book says that it is Hari's mandar (Hari = Vishnu). It says Vishnu got it built through Guru Sahib. SGPC passed a resolution like many years ago to call it Darbar Sahib but even SGPC has failed to implement its own resolutions. SGPC is just a gang of drug dealers and kesadhari Hindus.

rolleyes.gif Below is a answer for both the above guests:

As far I know and am concerned - when we say the name Harmandar Saahb - it aint Mandhar as in the hindu - mandir - If u break down the name its like this:

Har Man Andhar - In Every Mind

However u lot look at it is up 2 u- but I've always seen the name of "The Golden Temple" in that way - its where our SachKhand is; thus named Har Man Andhar - In Every Mind

(hindus that think that are just stoopid - they think EVERYTHIN in Sikhism is related to them JUST BECUASE Guru Nanak Dev Jee - the Roop of Akhal Purkh - came to this world by takin their form into a hindu family....so stoopid its not even funny)

Guest Guest

The GBP 6 says that. I am not saying that. Go tell the people who promote that book. I don't promote that book. However, according to Hinduism, Hari does mean Vishnu. For Sikhs, we take the real meaning which is Hareya meaning present everywhere.

The GBP 6 says that. I am not saying that. Go tell the people who promote that book. I don't promote that book. However, according to Hinduism, Hari does mean Vishnu. For Sikhs, we take the real meaning which is Hareya meaning present everywhere.

Okay well on that note, go to the library and find a better book. Hindus have nothin on Sikhism - they chat rubbish to level themseleves up - saddos :wub:

i'm pretty sure GBP 6 is not a good book grin.gif too much anti sikhi stuff in there nonono.gif

actually Gur Bilaas is written by Guru Hargobind Singh himself so I believe

wat ever is in it is true

:D

LOL.gifLOL.gif omg tell me ur jokinn??!!! So your telling me just becuase the BOOK says its true - your going to live by it?? :wub: It don't even make sense - the stuff in that book aint even true EVEN after it was RE-EDITTED

I truely feel sorry for you if you live by what rubbish gets said in that.

Guest Akirtghan
i'm pretty sure GBP 6 is not a good book grin.gif too much anti sikhi stuff in there nonono.gif

actually gur bilaas is written by guru hargobing singh himself so I believe

wat ever is in it is true

:D

are you sure? :wub: i dunno about that man. grin.gif its supposedly jeevni of guru hargobind patshah