Would You Come Forward?

B4ND4

After witnessing an incident on the forum today i am left confused about the present state of people around us in general and sikhs in particular. This question has been on my mind for a long time that why do people fail to come forward even after witnessing gruesome crimes.. racial assaults, rapes, murders, thefts etc. All they need to do is step forward and reveal the truth, is it that hard to speak truth?? We as sikhs beat the dhols about leading a truthful life but is ignoring something that is clearly wrong truthful living?? Why do people tend to stay away from doing a righteous act?? What is it that stops them, are they dead or maya has consumed em so much that they lack rational thinking?? What is it that they can't be bothered about anyone else but their immediate families.

So my question here is if you are a witness to a crime would you come forward and help the victim and his/her family in brining the culprit to justice?? Seems like most of us aren't even bothered about people around us but if it comes to our own family we'll be knocking everyones door begging for help..now how selfish is that?? Will you wake up when your own mother or sister or anyone in your family is a victim. I tell you Waheguru is watching all our actions, even if you opt to ignore something today for whatever reasons it'll come back to haunt you sooner or later. All i am saying is wake up and lead a life of self-respect, courage, dignity.

If you were a young person who saw a crime being commited, would you go to the police and get your statement recorded or would u just sit on a comfy sofa watchin your fav. show because the crime commited doesn't affect your family. I wonder if you would still be watching the fav. TV show if your mother was being assaulted.

I have seen many people who just love to stand and watch the show and fail to take action when it is required. HA! are you the Khalsa of Guru Gobind Singh Ji?? Are you the lions that Guru ji made?? I see no lions all i see is SHEEP. We are trhe Khlasa but we have become Sheep because truth no longer matters to us. What matters to us is that our family is safe and sound, who gives a damn about others.

Many people here shout outta their buttholes that every other woman is our sister, mother, daughter but when it comes to helping our mothers in need, it seems the Khalsa goes blind.

Do parents play a role in stopping their kids from saying the truth because that would mean tensions amongst the kids and criminals?? If yes, these are the traits of SHEEP like Khlasa. I see Khalsa going down the drain.. Rise up and stand for truth, have the guts to die for truth.

Moh maya sabb ithe reh jaani aa, so wake up before its too late.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dancing Warrior

Gurus Khalsa hides from nothing including addressing his own faults, Khalsa is the calming shadow for the helpless and destitute.

A elderly Muslim once told me when he was a boy in Lahore he would have to catch a train to go to his school, his mother used to tell his father;

“when dropping of the boy, see if there is a Sardar Singh travelling the same way, ask him to look after our boy”

And when ever there was, guaranteed they would always watch over him. Such qualities are from Guru ji himself.

The Khalsa is the sword of humanity, Guru Ji made the Khalsa so it could never hide its responsibility to the service Humanity,

Degh, Tegh, Fathe’.

Gurus Khalsa hides from nothing including addressing his own faults, Khalsa is the calming shadow for the helpless and destitute.

A elderly Muslim once told me when he was a boy in Lahore he would have to catch a train to go to his school, his mother used to tell his father;

“when dropping of the boy, see if there is a Sardar Singh travelling the same way, ask him to look after our boy”

And when ever there was, guaranteed they would always watch over him. Such qualities are from Guru ji himself.

The Khalsa is the sword of humanity, Guru Ji made the Khalsa so it could never hide its responsibility to the service Humanity,

Degh, Tegh, Fathe’.

a very passionate and moving statement but how many of us actually practice this in our day-to-day lives? its very easy to say stuff like that and im sure ur intent is pure but to put that in to practise is a very different matter...............support the path of truth is one on the hardest roads man has to take...............most of us take one look at the jounery of the truthful path and run in the opposite direction

I feel, gone are the days where sikhs look upon other sikhs as mothers, brother, sones and daughters and would give their lives to protect the dignity of their follow sikh brothers and sisters......nowadays as long as the money keep following in and the family "looks" respectable to the outside world............no-one gives a damn

plz dont think im referring to every single sikh out there with my statement above cos im not but this is just a humble view based on wot ive seen around me.....

bhul chuck maafi

Guest Dancing Warrior

Our people lake the tenacity, courage, skill and out right bravery which are some of the qualities of a Jujhar, we have become soft, plump and condescending.

We need to learn the science, beauty and art of Jung Vidya if we are maintain the order of chivalry Guru Ji bestowed upon his us his people, his army.

This is my opinion, this is what I do, this is what I will teach my future generations to come.

There is way too much politics within our Sikh circles, that is why incidents like this happen. Niddar Singhs akhara has been running for so many years, and no "chardikala gurmukh" put in the udham to turn up and learn something. If your not going to do it for yourself at least do it for your guru, your maryada, your history and your traditions.

Whatever opinions people have of Niddar Singh, no one can deny the vidiya he has. Most people have never even seen the real skills of Jang Vidiya, they make up their assumptions from one or 2 videos they have seen on the net. I am a sceptic and cynic of the highest degree, and even I cannot find a fault with the vidiya he teaches, in every single way it is flawless and effective, and to date I have never met another martial artist or seen another art which works as well.

You have people threatening younger kids, that if they turn up to his akhara they will beat them up, and when these kids get jumped no one is there to help them out. Our community has lost the vigor of the old khalsa, the bravery and the spirit. You look at most Singhs and they have no robh, they cant carry themselves.

The person who attains the vidiya can protect himself and those around him, it instills bravery, courage and determination within that person, because he understands his capability and ability to take on a number of opponents with ease. Technically it is super advanced, any less and I would never associate it with our great gurus.

It takes effort, and hard training, something which is so advanced cannot be attained overnight, and it really tests the person to see how much they really want it. That is what no one in our community wants to do, put in effort, put in time, make the sacrifice, that is why we are in the situation we are in now. Our kids get beat in the street, singhs get their kesh cut, women get attacked while their brothers stand on the sideline too scared to jump in. Is this the Khalsa that the guru formed?

Forget gatka, forget everything these so called ustads have ever told you, its all bull, non of these gatka ustads know anything about true khalsa fighting, they visit other schools around the country and make daliya martial arts, mixing and blending techniques and passing it off as the maryada of the guru. If you wish to learn for yourself and for your future generations, then make a trip to Niddar Singhs akhara and at least have a look at whats on offer. You dont have to be a Nihang, you dont have to follow any maryada that you dont agree with, take the vidiya with you and help yourself to help others.

There is way too much politics within our Sikh circles, that is why incidents like this happen. Niddar Singhs akhara has been running for so many years, and no "chardikala gurmukh" put in the udham to turn up and learn something. If your not going to do it for yourself at least do it for your guru, your maryada, your history and your traditions.

Whatever opinions people have of Niddar Singh, no one can deny the vidiya he has. Most people have never even seen the real skills of Jang Vidiya, they make up their assumptions from one or 2 videos they have seen on the net. I am a sceptic and cynic of the highest degree, and even I cannot find a fault with the vidiya he teaches, in every single way it is flawless and effective, and to date I have never met another martial artist or seen another art which works as well.

You have people threatening younger kids, that if they turn up to his akhara they will beat them up, and when these kids get jumped no one is there to help them out. Our community has lost the vigor of the old khalsa, the bravery and the spirit. You look at most Singhs and they have no robh, they cant carry themselves.

The person who attains the vidiya can protect himself and those around him, it instills bravery, courage and determination within that person, because he understands his capability and ability to take on a number of opponents with ease. Technically it is super advanced, any less and I would never associate it with our great gurus.

It takes effort, and hard training, something which is so advanced cannot be attained overnight, and it really tests the person to see how much they really want it. That is what no one in our community wants to do, put in effort, put in time, make the sacrifice, that is why we are in the situation we are in now. Our kids get beat in the street, singhs get their kesh cut, women get attacked while their brothers stand on the sideline too scared to jump in. Is this the Khalsa that the guru formed?

Forget gatka, forget everything these so called ustads have ever told you, its all bull, non of these gatka ustads know anything about true khalsa fighting, they visit other schools around the country and make daliya martial arts, mixing and blending techniques and passing it off as the maryada of the guru. If you wish to learn for yourself and for your future generations, then make a trip to Niddar Singhs akhara and at least have a look at whats on offer. You dont have to be a Nihang, you dont have to follow any maryada that you dont agree with, take the vidiya with you and help yourself to help others.

I agree with most of the things you have said, but in this modern era, its all about GUNS and if you dont have any weapon, even a sword or a stick, then you cant do gatka can you? Then if someone comes over to you, who is expert in Kung fu, hes going to beat your arse whilst you try and find your stick in the street. So its about being physically strong and also learning other martial arts too i.e. using your feet and hands.

true if you cant effectively use your feet and hands then even with gatka and shastyr vidiya you'll struggle, as for saying the gatka ustads no nothing, only someone with very little akaal would say something like that, atleast these people are trying to make some of the sikh youth better equiped to deal with situations, these people are chardikala singhs so have a little respect

bhul chuk maf :wub:

I agree with most of the things you have said, but in this modern era, its all about GUNS and if you dont have any weapon, even a sword or a stick, then you cant do gatka can you? Then if someone comes over to you, who is expert in Kung fu, hes going to beat your arse whilst you try and find your stick in the street. So its about being physically strong and also learning other martial arts too i.e. using your feet and hands.

but thats the whole point....Niddar Singh teaches that you dont need a bunch of fancy weapons....he also emphasises the importance of your hands in deflecting oncoming beats and also the importance of pressure points which of course you can do without any weapons.

you can use anything as a weapon....your keys, a pen, your salayee.

Ive been to his classes...he is good.