Guru Granth Sahib In House - Should We Sleep On Floor

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

We are holding a Sahaj Paat at our house, The Guru Granth Sahib is upstairs next to our bedroom. My question is that our beds would have us higher than the Guru Granth Sahib so should we sleep on the floor for the whole week? This would have been easy but we also have small children who sleep with us. My wife says in India they had the palki on top of a manji which kept Guru Ji high. But with the palki all set up now there is no way of raising it.

So please help us put our minds at rest.

I know that when gursikhs came to visit my relatives house and mahraj was present, they refused to sleep on beds, and slept on the floor.

Isnt there anyway of ensuring mahraj is on a raised platform of sum sort.

Or cant you sleep on beds downstairs?

Listen to heart, if you feel bad about it and wont be comfortable, and the fact ur questionin this shows tht u think it mite not be rite, so dnt do it

With Gurujee in the room next to yours, and you sleeping on the floor, I can't even tell you what a sound, sweet and peaceful sleep you'll be enjoying! :nihungsmile:

:WW:

I hear ya ... when we had camp a little while ago ... the girls were fortunate enough to sleep near Guru Jee in the next room .. .and we all slept on the floor ... and we had the most amazing sleep ever ... so energized the next morning ... plus I had the best place ... closest to Guru Ji's door :D

Everyone at Nanaksar sleeps on the floor (no matter which one you go to - but that's another story.)

I would suggest that you make sure Maharaj's setting is perfect before following your usual sleeping arrangement. Btw, great post... it's a blessing to see how you believe that Maharaj's sanctuary is something that shouldn't ever be compromised.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

We are holding a Sahaj Paat at our house, The Guru Granth Sahib is upstairs next to our bedroom. My question is that our beds would have us higher than the Guru Granth Sahib so should we sleep on the floor for the whole week? This would have been easy but we also have small children who sleep with us. My wife says in India they had the palki on top of a manji which kept Guru Ji high. But with the palki all set up now there is no way of raising it.

So please help us put our minds at rest.

You could put your matresses on the floor, so you are lower than guru ji, this way ur children will also be comfortable.

Its all about your sharda, i would defo sleep on the floor and would not sleep above guru ji if i had such a privilage of having maharaj at home.