bana

Gurjeet_Kaur

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!!

Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I have a few questions regarding bana:

1. What's the difference between a closed chola and an open chola (in the front)?

2. What is the significance of the kaliaa(n) (stitchings)?

3. What is the significance of the hazooria?

4. What is the significance of the kamar kasa?

5. What is the significance of the chand-thora?

6. What is the significance/history behind the dumalla?

7. I've seen some people wearing a hazooria AND a kamarkasa at the same time. Shouldn't you just wear one, i.e. hazooria while doing seva and kamarkasa while doing gatka/fighting?

8. Some people have told me that they wear their keski during the day and take it off at night because they dont need the energy of their kes at the top of their heads at night. i dont believe in this, im just wondering if people here do?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Bhanji, im a morrkh, and dont know anything, but im gonna try to help a sister out

- the stich in the front is just a style of chola, prefered by nihangs. They also usually have a belt

-The stichings are just there to make a chola a chola, if there were no khalia, then it would not be a chola, it would be a kurta, but u dont have to neccesarily put on khalia

-Kamar kasa repersents how a sikh is always ready for war, sant and siapai, saint and soldier. It also holds your kirpan in place, and u can put stuff in the kamar kasa

-Chand is just like a shastar( it can hurt), its like gora and "sikhs" in punjab military wear a funny emblems on their dastars, sikh decorate their dastars with shastars, like chackrs and chand thor. Its showing we are part of the khalsa army

-Dumalla, is not neccesary( although 2 turbans are). But it is very useful, it protects your head by make it really fluffy, so it doesnt hurt as much, and it almost never falls of

-both is better. If u have kamar kasa, your kirpan wont wave around cause of gatra, and hajooria should be kept cause who knows when u gotta do sewa or paat

-its an escuse. Your kes get air when u soak them( also another escuse, our hair dont get air). Whay if suddenly, u neded to go outside, maybe to a police station or gospital, and u have no time at all, if u have a nice little dastar tied, your safe, but if not, your in a bhanga. And for respect of kes, they are to be covered almosr all the time, unless kes ishnaan or some strange reason

I tried my best. Anything good is due to vaheguru

Everything bad is due to me

bhul chuk maf

waheguru jee ka khalsa! waheguru jee kee fateh!!

there's something interesting that i was told...

the hazooria..and the kamar kasa are meant to be wide enough and long enough to cover your body. in battle the kamar kasa was used to cover the body once the sikh was shaheed. it was meant for proper respect of the body...

this is something that i was told not too long ago...thought i'd share it

sandeep kaur