The Shaheedi Of Bhai Ranjit Singh Tarsikka

The Spirit lives on

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

There are few sakhis recorded in the pages of history, which act to inspire whole nations. The Sikh Kaum in this respect is different, as each and every word recorded in our history has been written with the blood of countless Gursikhs, who chose all the pain in the world over countless riches, which were offered in an attempt to make them disown their faith. These Sikhs walked courageously with their heads held high down a road most of us don’t even know exists. They were people just like us. They breathed the same air and walked on the same Earth yet they were able to bare the unbearable. They were able to be sawn in half and boiled alive and they did all this smiling. What is the power, which turns sheep into lions, sinners into saints, cowards into warriors? What turns ordinary bodies into iron? The answer is simple. Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. One of these Sikhs who till today still inspires the Sikh Kaum is Bhai Ranjeet Singh Ji, this is the story of his shaheedi.

Bhai Ranjeet Singh Ji was taken to a police interrogation center. Here he was stripped naked and hung upside down as four police officers began to beat his body with wooden planks and metal pipes.

After beating Bhai Sahib in this way for several minutes the police officers then threw his bruised and swollen body onto a chair. As Bhai Sahib sat on the chair a police officer called Adhaar Alaam walked into the room.

Adhaar Alaam looked at Bhai Sahib’s bloodied face and asked him, "Where is your Jathedar?"

Bhai Sahib smiled and quickly responded, "We have many Jathedars which one are you talking about?"

Seeing Bhai Sahib’s smile made Adhaar Alaam angry. Using the butt of his rifle he hit Bhai Sahib’s head and shouted out, "Sukhdev Singh!!!"

sukhdevsingh.jpg

Bhai Ranjeet Singh looked straight into the eyes of Adhaar Alaam and said, "I have a meeting with Jathedar Sukhdev Singh, at a set time and a set location. I challenge you to try and get this information from me. I am Sikh of the True Guru, the immortal emperor of the Universe and you are a disciple of the emperor of Delhi, let us see who will be victorious."

sikh_2.gif

For the next 36 hours the police tortured Bhai sahib continuously. They used electric shocks, which were administered to Bhai Sahib’s tongue and private parts, burning hot metal rods, which were hammered into Bhai Sahib’s body, boiling water, which Bhai Sahib was forced to stand in and many other sadistic devices. But this Singh of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj kept smiling as he continued to recite the name, ‘Waheguru’. There was no pain or screams.

sikh_3.gif

In the end Bhai Sahib’s body was broken in a hundred places but he proved to the whole world that no matter what hardships or difficulties we face, no matter what hurdles stand in our way, no matter how dangerous and narrow the road is, Sikhs of the Guru will always be victorious as long as they keep their faith in him.

ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਃ 3 ॥

Salok, Third Mehla:

ਜਿਉ ਤਨੁ ਕੋਲੂ ਪੀੜੀਐ ਰਤੁ ਨ ਭੋਰੀ ਡੇਹਿ ॥

jio than koloo peerreeai rath n bhoree ddaehi

It is as if my body has been crushed in the oil-press, without yielding even a drop of blood;

ਜੀਉ ਵੰਞੈ ਚਉ ਖੰਨੀਐ ਸਚੇ ਸੰਦੜੈ ਨੇਹਿ ॥

jeeo va(n)n(j)ai cho kha(n)neeai sachae sa(n)dharrai naehi

it is as if my soul has been cut apart into pieces for the sake of the Love of the True Lord;

ਨਾਨਕ ਮੇਲੁ ਨ ਚੁਕਈ ਰਾਤੀ ਅਤੈ ਡੇਹ ॥1॥

naanak mael n chukee raathee athai ddaeh 1

O Nanak, still, night and day, my Union with the Lord is not broken.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

slok kbIr ]

salok kabeer ||

Salok, Kabeer:

ggn dmwmw bwijE pirE nIswnY Gwau ]

gagan dhamaamaa baajiou pariou neesaanai ghaao ||

The battle-drum beats in the sky of the mind; aim is taken, and the wound is inflicted.

Kyqu ju mWifE sUrmw Ab jUJn ko dwau ]1]

khaeth j maa(n)ddiou sooramaa ab joojhan ko dhaao ||1||

The spiritual warriors enter the field of battle; now is the time to fight! ||1||

sUrw so pihcwnIAY ju lrY dIn ky hyq ]

sooraa so pehichaaneeai j larai dheen kae haeth ||

He alone is known as a spiritual hero, who fights in defense of religion.

purjw purjw kit mrY kbhU n CwfY Kyqu ]2]2]

purajaa purajaa katt marai kabehoo n shhaaddai khaeth ||2||2||

He may be cut apart, piece by piece, but he never leaves the field of battle. ||2||2||

• 3 weeks later...