I Bleach My Hair.....

Guest _kaur*_

i agree with Mehtab singh...

the singhs need to stay out of this... our experience is totally different than our sisters' experiences...

in most cases (and i know i'm generalising..that's why i'm saying most...there are exceptions) from my experience and most of the guys i know...their families have always supported them keeping the "look" of a singh...our only obstacle is the outside people...and living in canada...that isn't a major issue...

but the girls have not only pressure from outside...but also within their families to look and be "lady like"...

on one hand it's easy to say don't do this and don't do that....this isn't gurmat...

but another interesting factor that we should take into consideration...if we talk to our grandmothers and ladies of their generation....you usually get the answer that there was never the issue of facial hair in their days...sure...body hair is a normal process and that's there...but ladies didn't have a facial hair problem...

that begs the question...why now? ..what's changed?... not saying that it should be removed...but we collectively should actually look at things and try to figure out what's going on and how we can help be a part of the solution...

Guest another confused person

Like penji i also Bleach but ive got PCOS n ma hair is VERY VERYYY bad

its putting me back from taking amrit

i know i should be strong about it and proud but i dont know what to do

It is alot of facial hair and ive spent most of my time gettin thing said abotu it

my mother is concerned

i take medication but hairs the same

what do i do , i realy annot stop bleaching but if i take amrit i dont know what to do

im the type of perosn who is very very sensitive and gets into depression easily

Guest _Tarrandeep Kaur_
im not saying bleaching is ok, just making another point:

why do people make up their own rules on bujjar kurehits? even though bleaching isnt gurmat and your against it, dont make it a bujjar kurehit. bleaching is tankaah for amritdharis (which is a big thing by the way)

bujjar kurehit is the removal of hair, no need to make up extra rules for these 4 main kurehits. even though bleaching is manmat, its actually tankaah not bujjar klurehit, doesnt matter how much you want it to be. but i hope the tankaah bit makes it obvious that bleaching is manmat.

so anyway bleaching when amrtidhari, i would think one still has to go to the punj as its tankaah, just like jhoot.

just wanted to point out that little part.

carry on giving your views pls.

emmmm no.

'''''. Guru Ke Piaari’o according to the Panthic Sikh Rehit Maryada, the Bajjar Kurehit is; “Keshaa Di beadbi… Dishonoring the hair”. Dishonoring hair means anything which alters kes, and tampers with the law’s of nature-so there is no way around hair removal. Dishonoring the kes is one of the four Bajjar Kurehits, the consequence of commiting any of the Bajjar Kurehits is expulsion from the Khalsa Panth.'''''''

I am not making up my own rules. Panj piayre say the same thing, are they 'making up stuff too'

yeah so just wanted to point out that little part.

Anyway were here to give advice to the bibi........

vahigurujeekaakhalsa vahigurujikeefateh

Guest somebody
If a Singh can be happy with his mane why can’t a Singhni be happy with her whiskers.

how can u compare the 2? its not logical... u can't compare a males facial hair to a womans..

What is wrong with this comparison ??

a singh to a lion and a kaur to a lioness, nothing wrong with that. bhai sahib is just showing how a comparison is usually made of a singh to a lion and its mane so why not a kaur to a lioness where both dont have a 'mane' but rather some facial hair or whiskers for a lioness. I see nothing wrong with this comparison but rather its actually neat to use in conversations and to use as a inspirational quote.

Yay I have a recent personal experience about this!! Ok so my bestfriend just retook amrit and one of the reasons was because she bleached her facial hair and you know what i noticed that her hair is back to being black and it blends in more ,it looks more natural. For some reason she looked older with bleached hair and it looked like she was wearing makeup. She looks way better now and younger. Some ppl are going to disagree with me but this is from my personal experience. When you change yourself in anyway to fit in with society your telling God that you dont appreciate what he has given you. I think you should definately hang out with better sangat not amritdharee girls who think that removing or chnaging or bleaching hair is ok. I think its great that your planning on taking amrit. Go for it and its not bad to stop bleaching your hair early. I stopped doing my eyebrows 4 months be4 i took amrit it was hard at first because you become such a perfectionist when u look at yourself in the mirror but what helps you let go is to do ARDAAS, do ardaas everyday after you do rehraas da paat or any other paat and ask for amrit di dhaat and in the original ardaas it already says kesh daan rehat daan. I hope iv been of some help bul chuk maff and feel free to message me :D

but another interesting factor that we should take into consideration...if we talk to our grandmothers and ladies of their generation....you usually get the answer that there was never the issue of facial hair in their days...sure...body hair is a normal process and that's there...but ladies didn't have a facial hair problem...

that begs the question...why now? ..what's changed?... not saying that it should be removed...but we collectively should actually look at things and try to figure out what's going on and how we can help be a part of the solution...

as u said usually...so it tells us that

they did have a facial hair problem. but some of them had remedies... now those remedies were from some ayorvedic doc or sometimes just learning how one can remove those hair. many women didnt ...but few did. and im not talking about amritdhari women though.

but just thinking that its only a problem of our generation is wrong.

not tryin to attck u jss...very nice post but i wanted to make sure we are aware tht facial h prob did exist before

bhul chuk muaf karni

NO

with the lifestyle they lived even if any had PCOS it wouldnt effect them much. And normal facial hair problem wasnt realy around there, you only got it when you were realy old for some ladies otherwise no. One reason is because of the milk we drink, teh cows are injected with hormones to make them produce more milk and those hormones have an impact on the milk they make n it goes into us, Aanother is if anyone drinks tap water, that is also a problem as its not 100percent clean and has stuff in it.

Women THEN and women NOW had different lifestyles.......even now in india they dont have much of a problem, its increasing bot nowhere near like western countries because india is also starting to do that whole injection hormones business

There are ways about having normal hair growth and one is changing your lifestyle,even if you slim you may eat things which trigger these problems, if your overweight your hormones get inbalanced. There is also a combination of vitamins n supliments which help,,,,all herbal n ayurvedic stufff. Theres always a root to every problem. tackle the root not the symptom

Guest _Tarrandeep Kaur_
Like penji i also Bleach but ive got PCOS n ma hair is VERY VERYYY bad

its putting me back from taking amrit

i know i should be strong about it and proud but i dont know what to do

It is alot of facial hair and ive spent most of my time gettin thing said abotu it

my mother is concerned

i take medication but hairs the same

what do i do , i realy annot stop bleaching but if i take amrit i dont know what to do

im the type of perosn who is very very sensitive and gets into depression easily

Penji i know some singhneea who have PCOS, and they have alot of facial hair, penji these singhnia look so beautiful i feel so happy when i see them.

Chalo you have been diagnosed with the condition and you take the medication but it is mahraj will that your facial hair stays there.

If you put your heart into it im sure you could eventually stop. I know it may be hard at first, maybe you could talk to your freinds or people you work with. And speak to them openly about it, so you wont get funny reactions. To be honest penji its much more noticeable if a bibi is walking around with yellow kesh on their face rather than their kesh in their natural state.

Where are you from? I really think sangat is a key factor for this issue, maybe if you meet other bibia who have PCOS and dont bleach they can tell you how they overcame it.

PM me on my account if you want i can put you in touch with them.

Can i just say that just becuase you have facial hair it doesnt mean you have PCOS, there are many other symptoms that contribute to this aswel.

Food which is not organic is the main cause of facial hair in women, it creates a hormonal imbalance, more in some women than others.

If you look at women in India, you will not find any of them with facial hair, because they always have organic food, maybe in the future younger girls will start getting facial hair there because they have started to use chemicals on their crops.

Being a Singh, you would expect me to be like "yo u have to be strong stop being so weak bla bla bla singh shaheed for kesh bla bla Guru Ji's daughter bla"

But since everyone's done that above I feel like taking a different approach:

DONT force yourself to keep kesh. Only do it when you WANT to. Dont feel you have to. Do it only when you feel that love for Akaal Purakh Sahib Ji.

ooo sounds controversial.. lol.. by the way I'm not a monna tongue.gif

The thing is, when you force yourself in the name of Sikhi - Don't you see how FAR you're degrading Sikhi? You limit your spiritual advancement by physically forcing yourself. I didn't force myself to stop eating meat, I didn't force myself to have a cold bath in mornings, I didn't force myself to keep Darha sahib etc. If i did then my mind would try to rebel that bit more!

Say you (after people pressurizing u) decide to take amrit anyway and vow not 2 cut your kesh.. Then 2 things tend to happen in the general case:

a) you end up giving up cutting your kesh again

b) your self confidence crashes down to all time low - (Khalsa is meant to be humble but comeon.. u need self respect dude!)

Who loses out? Not the people who "told you so" but YOU. Those "hardcore" ppl will remain hardcore - just look at you and say a) OMG ur so weak b) stay strong (respectively to above circumstances). The other end ppl will say "i told u not 2 take amrit!"

THE decision is yours. Not mine, not his, not hers, not anyone on this forum. Only keep kesh when you're mentally ready.

PS: Same counts for fighting kaam .. Forcing yourself to stop Kaam tends to create explosive consequences ("celibate" priests - whether "christian" or "sikh" or whoever - raping/sexually harrasing/perving on young girls)

Wars are not won in 1 minute.. they take time dude! Use tactics with the resources you got (instead of letting that energy go to your sexual organs use it up in training for example.. or stay busy if u get kaami when you got nothing to do)

Be a Khalsa not a wannabe