I Bleach My Hair.....

Guest _kaur*_

Guest _Singhni_

You may want to make some positive lifestyle changes to reduce the amount of growth of hair:

- Eat organic foods - especially organic milk, bananas, etc. Research more online to see which foods are worth buying organic and which are not (this is good for men and women)

- Spearmint Tea. I recently read that Turkish researchers found drinking spearmint tea reduces the amount of hair growth because it reduces testosterone; obviously this is never recommended for men.

Learn more:

http://www.thatsfit.com/2007/02/21/spearmi...rowth-in-women/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6376599.stm

• 3 weeks later...
Guest singh107

This is old topic but reading tapoban site brought the post by bh. sahib kulbir singh to forefront of daas eyes. I see photos of some bibian over there with facial hair that ppl say pity and shame for them who look like this and modern girl should look like the fashion model but those bibian illustrate point of rehit and gursikhi jiwan and specialy main point for bhagat ji's bani.

Shabad - Duniya ke Dokhe Mooya - Dead out of fear of world new

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)

Date: October 04, 2007 11:37AM

Kabir, Duniya ke Dokhe Mooya, Chaalat kul kee Kaan||

Tab kul kis kaa laajsi, Jab le dhareh masaan||

Duniya ke dokhe – The worry about what the world will think.

Mooya – spiritually dead.

Chaalat – Walks, follows.

Kul – Family.

Kaan – tradition,

Chaalat Kul kee Kaan – Walks according to the traditions of family.

Laajsi – embarrassed.

Masaan – cremating grounds.

Bhagat Kabir jee’s above stated salok is very significant and gives guidance to those of us who want to follow on the path of Sikhi but are discouraged out of thoughts like what will the world think or what will the family say, or how the family will be embarrassed if I keep Kesh etc. So many don't keep kesh out of fear of the world and the embarrassment it would bring to their family. So many don’t keep important rehits like Bibek out of fear that it will break them off from the world or relatives who are not Amritdhaaris. Bibek Rehit demands that one does everything according to Gurmat thinking including keeping association with Gursikhs.

The above salok is translated as follows:

Bhagat Kabir jee says that out of fear of what the world would think, you have become dead towards spirituality i.e. you have backed off from following the Dharam and have adopted the gait (walk) of your family traditions. (You think that your family would be embarrassed if you follow the path of Dharam) but what will be the relevance of the embarrassment of your family be (if you had followed Dharam) when you die and are now sitting in cremating grounds?

Bhagat jee must have witnessed some individual who was hesitant in walking on the path of Dharam out of fear of embarrassment it would bring to his family and chose to die spiritually but what would happen when that individual died? Would it matter if the family got embarrassed or respected? When one's the jeev-aatma leaves the body, it’s irrelevant what happens behind.

The lesson Bhagat jee is giving us in this Salok is to not hesitate in walking towards spirituality out of fear of the world or so-called worldly dishonour or embarrassment it would bring to our worldly family. If what the world will think, is preventing one from keeping kesh, then one should, out of love for Guru, break such false walls and keep kesh. If one is hesitating from wearing baana out of fear of what the world will think, one should shed such fears and fearlessly adopt Guru Sahib’s baana. If one is embarrassed of reciting and chanting Naam and doing Gurbani Paath, then one should eschew such false beliefs.

Guru Sahib bhali karan.

Daas,

Kulbir Singh

good on kulbir singh. i dont see why our singhnis make such a fuss about it. to most singhs it's not even a issue. i'd fall at the feet of a singhni i saw hwo has this much pyar for sikhi.

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest Niner

What I think about this topic is that ure physical appearance does not really matter but who you are on the inside. I am also a girl who started high school this year and I also want to do Amrit shak in the future. All my cousins and friends that are amritari say its ok to bleach your hair and I am very confused because I have a lot of leg hair and I play soccer so I have no idea what to do.

What I think about this topic is that ure physical appearance does not really matter but who you are on the inside. I am also a girl who started high school this year and I also want to do Amrit shak in the future. All my cousins and friends that are amritari say its ok to bleach your hair and I am very confused because I have a lot of leg hair and I play soccer so I have no idea what to do.

Sometimes asking Amritdharis for advise is not the best idea. Amritdharis are on the path of Sikhi themselves and they make mistakes as well. Guru Sahib blessed us with hair as a Kakkar. He wants his Sikhs to be proud that they keep their hair uncut and don't hide the hai. Some Amritdharis also have started to hide other Kakkars that Guru Sahib has blessed us with because they are scared what others might think.

When a person wins a gold medal, do they ever hide it from the public? They feel proud of the gold medal as they have accomplished something after putting in the hard work. Keeping hair uncut and not hide the hair by bleaching them is a huge accomplishment today. Its telling Guru Sahib that i am proud to keep the hair as you have told us too. Don't pay attention to what others say. See what Guru Sahib wants from you by reading Gurbani.

Guest abcsinghneeeeeee:)

If a Singh can be happy with his mane why can’t a Singhni be happy with her whiskers.

I giggled SO much after reading this..lol... Made my day!:)

• 2 weeks later...

bottom line is that u shudnt do anyhting to ur hair... jus leave it. not even gel.. if ur a guy. reason is cuza rom rom simran.

but, bleaching hair aint bad.

but, ... you shud not do hajamat (in any form) {cutting hair} as one poster said... electrolysis etc...

some people do the hair removal treatments, then they take amrit.. technically speaking, there aint nothing rong with that.. except that uve removed / lessened the hair in ur life.. our aim is to start with amrit. (most people think it ends with amrit..)... amrit is the first step.. from that, your journey can begin (>>in its fullest<<).

i will say, in our life, our guru gives us choices to make. make the right choice as much as u can.. hair removal aint the right choice.. even if u got a condition.. but if u do choose to treat it (apparently people use this lamp that u shine on ur hair, turns it white, makes ur skin itch which is normal, and reduces the hair after a few treatments), its somthing u shud regret.. its not the way.. this lamp thing is the new thing apparently.. fact is, that most khaas (good) people singhs, dont reely mind the hair on a gal. and think about it.. you dont want every TDH tom deek harry, after you.. only the khaas people. :) so u can look at hair being a way of sifting the good ppl from the lesser people (as such)..

whatever you choose.. know that amrit is the marag.. and its the first step on it.