I Bleach My Hair.....

Guest _kaur*_

Food which is not organic is the main cause of facial hair in women, it creates a hormonal imbalance, more in some women than others.

If you look at women in India, you will not find any of them with facial hair, because they always have organic food, maybe in the future younger girls will start getting facial hair there because they have started to use chemicals on their crops.

I do not think this is true; many of the women in India do not have facial hair because they remove it.

As far as I am aware there is no scientific basis for the claim that use of pesticides and chemicals causes excessive facial hair growth or hormonal imbalances. The amount of hair you have on your face and body is primarily determined by genetics - Orientals, Native Americans, etc will have virtually no hair whilst those of Indian origin tend to be more hairy.

Besides, currently in India there are many types of pesticides used on crops (this is not a recent introduction), and in western countries there is easily available organic produce.

Being a Singh, you would expect me to be like "yo u have to be strong stop being so weak bla bla bla singh shaheed for kesh bla bla Guru Ji's daughter bla"

But since everyone's done that above I feel like taking a different approach:

DONT force yourself to keep kesh. Only do it when you WANT to. Dont feel you have to. Do it only when you feel that love for Akaal Purakh Sahib Ji.

ooo sounds controversial.. lol.. by the way I'm not a monna tongue.gif

The thing is, when you force yourself in the name of Sikhi - Don't you see how FAR you're degrading Sikhi? You limit your spiritual advancement by physically forcing yourself. I didn't force myself to stop eating meat, I didn't force myself to have a cold bath in mornings, I didn't force myself to keep Darha sahib etc. If i did then my mind would try to rebel that bit more!

Say you (after people pressurizing u) decide to take amrit anyway and vow not 2 cut your kesh.. Then 2 things tend to happen in the general case:

a) you end up giving up cutting your kesh again

b) your self confidence crashes down to all time low - (Khalsa is meant to be humble but comeon.. u need self respect dude!)

Who loses out? Not the people who "told you so" but YOU. Those "hardcore" ppl will remain hardcore - just look at you and say a) OMG ur so weak b) stay strong (respectively to above circumstances). The other end ppl will say "i told u not 2 take amrit!"

THE decision is yours. Not mine, not his, not hers, not anyone on this forum. Only keep kesh when you're mentally ready.

PS: Same counts for fighting kaam .. Forcing yourself to stop Kaam tends to create explosive consequences ("celibate" priests - whether "christian" or "sikh" or whoever - raping/sexually harrasing/perving on young girls)

Wars are not won in 1 minute.. they take time dude! Use tactics with the resources you got (instead of letting that energy go to your sexual organs use it up in training for example.. or stay busy if u get kaami when you got nothing to do)

Be a Khalsa not a wannabe

I agree i think once you have cleansed yourself from the inside, the outside will follow without you having to question it.

I have a friend who cuts her hair, but shes such a great person, she goes gurdwara all the time, knows way more about sikhi than i ever did, and in fact she was the one who started gettin me into my sikhi into the first place. She has helped me and been more inspirational than my other friends who keep their kesh.

Dishonoring hair means anything which alters kes, and tampers with the law’s of nature
careful with your wording, that also says that combing your hair also "tampers with the law's of nature"

this from damdami taksaal website.

http://www.damdamitaksal.com/lit_rehat_14.htm

2. Hajamat – Removing Kesh

Cutting hair is strictly forbidden in Gurmat. From your head down to your toes, no hair is to be plucked, cut, burnt or chemically/surgically removed. Kesh are not to be dyed by any method whatsoever, to make it black or the plucking of only white hairs is not permitted.

swbq sUrq r`b bxweI ]

byeImwn ny BMn gvweI ]

"God made the human form perfect, but the treacherous has altered it and made it lose it's natural beauty."

swbq sUrq r`b dI BMny byeImwn ]

drgih FoeI nw imlY kwPr ku`qw sYqwn ]

"The treacherous has altered the perfect human body, making it lose it's natural beauty. He/She will not get acceptance in the court of God and is an infidel,

dog and is devil like."

Keeping your Kesh is essential. Upon the death of a relative, the deceased’s hair is not to be shaved off. The cutting of hair is prohibited in other religions as well, but in Gurmat cutting the hair is a cardinal sin and results in a person being an outcast. Thus changing, cutting or removing the hair in any manner is strictly forbidden for a Gursikh. You are to guard against committing this cardinal sin.

The Kesh is not to be washed with ashes or clay, it is to be washed with shampoo, yoghurt or lasee. Lying down uncovered or partaking in any action with your Kesh uncovered is strictly forbidden. You are not to enter a dusty, dirty place with your Kesh uncovered. Cutting the Kesh or piercing the ears/noses of your children is strictly forbidden. The hair of children is not to be tied in dreadlocks. From a young age, the Kesh of your children are to be combed with a Kangha.

swbq sUrq isDw dwVHw ]

kwT dw kMGw kysIN cwVHw ]

"The complete form of man is with a beard, which is left untied. The Kesh are combed by this person with a wooden Kangha."

Amritdharee Singhs are to keep their beards open and untied.

DONT force yourself to keep kesh. Only do it when you WANT to. Dont feel you have to. Do it only when you feel that love for Akaal Purakh Sahib Ji.

I agree with this! I used to be a moni and when I wanted to start walking this path, sadly facial hair for me was my biggest battle. So I know where you are comming from.

I decided to not even think about hair as a issue anymore and to focus my mind onto Gurbani instead. I started reading and finding out more about sikhi and the more I went deeper into it the more stronger I become with my hair issue and soon it did'nt bother me anymore.

Not only that but also the power of Ardaas. I would do Ardaas and ask Gurujee to bless me with the strength and with the love to keep my kesh no matter what. Some people in my family say that you shouldnt just do Ardaas for these kind of 'petty' things in your life but where else are we going to get our strength from hunna? Vaheguroo is the giver of strength and knowledge to us.

Now, I look back at my pictures of me before and I just think "ewwwww" lol. I would'nt change the way I look now because its the way I am supposed to look. When I walk around now with my facial hair it shows people that I have something to live for. Makes me proud to represent who I am.

When I heard the story of the shaheedi Of Bhai Anokh Singh Babbar, I just could not hold back the tears. I have pasted it here for these who don't know...

One day Bhai Sahib was arrested by Vairoval Police in the Amritsar area. For many days Bhai Sahib was kept hanging upside down in the police station. Foot-long metal rods were heated up and hammered into his legs, from the heels upward. A pin was put through his private parts and an electricity connection was attached to it so that he could be shocked. Hot metal rods were also passed through his chest. But the Guru's Singh took the tortures calmly. All the torturers heard was "Vahiguru". No cries of pain, no screams.

After the torture, Bhai Sahib was left on the ground, unable to move. The time for Rehraas arrived. Bhai Sahib opened his eyelids but the sockets that held his eyes were hollow. His beautiful beard was soaked in blood. Those eyes which were once lost in deep meditation had been taken out by the dushts.

Bhai Sahib called out, "Sentry! Bhai Sahib Ji, what time is it?" He felt around himself with his hands to find the guard.

"It's 7.15 Babio. What? What has happend to your eyes??"

The Sentry looked at Bhai Sahib's face and felt frightened.

"Oh, it must be time for Sodar then. Sodar tera kayhaa..." Bhai Anokh Singh began to recite Rehraas Sahib lying on the ground. Even though his body was shattered, Bhai Sahib recited the paath in a sweet voice. The Sentry too felt the vairaag.

After Sodar, Bhai Sahib, still lying on the ground began Ardaas. It was a daily part of his routine. "Ten Gurus, Punj Pyaaray, Chaar Sahibzaaday, The Guru's Jhanday and Boongay..." Bhai Sahib then began his personal ardaas: "Hay Akaal Purakh Suchay Paatshah Guru Nanak dev Gareeb Nivaaj Satguru, the day which rose in your bhaaNaa has passed in happiness, meditating on your naam. Suchay Paatshah, night has arrived, may it too pass while remembering your Naam and in your BhaaNaa....Satguru, May I be a Shaheed...Suchay Patshaah, save me from becoming a traitor...Satguru, may the Sikhi and kesh you have given me last with me till my final breaths...Such Paatshah, have mercy on all.... Bolay So Nihaal...Sat Sree Akaal!!"

The Jaikara Bhai Sahib sounded echoed throughout the police station. The Sentry ran to the station-head and surrendered his rifle and tabled his resignation.

"I can't do this job that forces people to kill saints...I can't..." He kept repeating himself.

The SSP cursed, "They are all magicians... another of our officers has left the service because of this paath!!"

And then another atrocity was committed. Bhai Sahib's tongue was cut off using a metal cutting saw. Streams of blood flowed from Bhai Sahib's mouth but the faithful Singh raised his hands in Ardaas and thanked Vahiguru.

In the end, the police became tired of all this and shot Bhai Sahib in the station. When the shot was fired, a motor cycle was started so that the gun could not be heard. Over night, Bhai Sahib's body was thrown into the river Beas.

I am lucky to have met a person who had met Bhai Anokh Singh and do you know what he told us....that when he put his head near Bhai Sahibs arms, he could hear all the hairs japping "Vaheguroo".

Don't bleach your hair penji. Its a gift from Vaheguroo. Don't damage it. Its beautiful and its there to help you.

I agree with this! I used to be a moni and when I wanted to start walking this path, sadly facial hair for me was my biggest battle. So I know where you are comming from.

I decided to not even think about hair as a issue anymore and to focus my mind onto Gurbani instead. I started reading and finding out more about sikhi and the more I went deeper into it the more stronger I become with my hair issue and soon it did'nt bother me anymore.

Not only that but also the power of Ardaas. I would do Ardaas and ask Gurujee to bless me with the strength and with the love to keep my kesh no matter what. Some people in my family say that you shouldnt just do Ardaas for these kind of 'petty' things in your life but where else are we going to get our strength from hunna? Vaheguroo is the giver of strength and knowledge to us.

Now, I look back at my pictures of me before and I just think "ewwwww" lol. I would'nt change the way I look now because its the way I am supposed to look. When I walk around now with my facial hair it shows people that I have something to live for. Makes me proud to represent who I am.

When I heard the story of the shaheedi Of Bhai Anokh Singh Babbar, I just could not hold back the tears. I have pasted it here for these who don't know...

One day Bhai Sahib was arrested by Vairoval Police in the Amritsar area. For many days Bhai Sahib was kept hanging upside down in the police station. Foot-long metal rods were heated up and hammered into his legs, from the heels upward. A pin was put through his private parts and an electricity connection was attached to it so that he could be shocked. Hot metal rods were also passed through his chest. But the Guru's Singh took the tortures calmly. All the torturers heard was "Vahiguru". No cries of pain, no screams.

After the torture, Bhai Sahib was left on the ground, unable to move. The time for Rehraas arrived. Bhai Sahib opened his eyelids but the sockets that held his eyes were hollow. His beautiful beard was soaked in blood. Those eyes which were once lost in deep meditation had been taken out by the dushts.

Bhai Sahib called out, "Sentry! Bhai Sahib Ji, what time is it?" He felt around himself with his hands to find the guard.

"It's 7.15 Babio. What? What has happend to your eyes??"

The Sentry looked at Bhai Sahib's face and felt frightened.

"Oh, it must be time for Sodar then. Sodar tera kayhaa..." Bhai Anokh Singh began to recite Rehraas Sahib lying on the ground. Even though his body was shattered, Bhai Sahib recited the paath in a sweet voice. The Sentry too felt the vairaag.

After Sodar, Bhai Sahib, still lying on the ground began Ardaas. It was a daily part of his routine. "Ten Gurus, Punj Pyaaray, Chaar Sahibzaaday, The Guru's Jhanday and Boongay..." Bhai Sahib then began his personal ardaas: "Hay Akaal Purakh Suchay Paatshah Guru Nanak dev Gareeb Nivaaj Satguru, the day which rose in your bhaaNaa has passed in happiness, meditating on your naam. Suchay Paatshah, night has arrived, may it too pass while remembering your Naam and in your BhaaNaa....Satguru, May I be a Shaheed...Suchay Patshaah, save me from becoming a traitor...Satguru, may the Sikhi and kesh you have given me last with me till my final breaths...Such Paatshah, have mercy on all.... Bolay So Nihaal...Sat Sree Akaal!!"

The Jaikara Bhai Sahib sounded echoed throughout the police station. The Sentry ran to the station-head and surrendered his rifle and tabled his resignation.

"I can't do this job that forces people to kill saints...I can't..." He kept repeating himself.

The SSP cursed, "They are all magicians... another of our officers has left the service because of this paath!!"

And then another atrocity was committed. Bhai Sahib's tongue was cut off using a metal cutting saw. Streams of blood flowed from Bhai Sahib's mouth but the faithful Singh raised his hands in Ardaas and thanked Vahiguru.

In the end, the police became tired of all this and shot Bhai Sahib in the station. When the shot was fired, a motor cycle was started so that the gun could not be heard. Over night, Bhai Sahib's body was thrown into the river Beas.

I am lucky to have met a person who had met Bhai Anokh Singh and do you know what he told us....that when he put his head near Bhai Sahibs arms, he could hear all the hairs japping "Vaheguroo".

Don't bleach your hair penji. Its a gift from Vaheguroo. Don't damage it. Its beautiful and its there to help you.

me got no words for that pehnj...................thats was beautiful thanks for sharing :WW:

wahegurujikakhalsahwahegurujikifateh

Bhenji, firstly i had bleached my hair after taking amrit for some time I KNEW IT WAS WRONG! and knew i had to act, sokirpa i stopped and took pesh. was hard but i dnt care now abot anything

i love my kesh id die for it!! ive learnt so much about kesh. look up about bhai taru singh and all shaheeds look at their roop...THEY ALL DIED FOR THE ROOP! mahrajs blessed up with it please dont make the same mistake as me ivelearnt from it

i dnt care about facial hair atall proud

SIR JAWE TAH JAW MERE SIKHI SIDAKH NAH JAWH!

and when people bleach its so obvious!

guru ji will help you out keep the faith

take the step and guru ji will take thousands toyou

hope i helped! ...but maharaj isthe only one whocan!

wahegurjikakhalsawahegurujikifateh

Guest _tarrandeep kaur_
"tarrandeep kaur" if you have the time, please ask on akj.org and tapoban.org if bleaching is bujjar kurehit or tankaah.

this way we can both have a confirmed answer.

thank you.

emm no i dont think so.

i have my answer from panj piayre.

why would i ask others?

Guest baba amarjeet singh
"tarrandeep kaur" if you have the time, please ask on akj.org and tapoban.org if bleaching is bujjar kurehit or tankaah.

this way we can both have a confirmed answer.

thank you.

rsingh

i think if you read carfully you will see tht tarrandeep kaur has already stated that the panj pyare said bleaching is a bujjar kurehit

if you wish to belive a website over the panj pyare then thats up to you

maybe you should go pesh at the next amrit sanchar coming up in december and ask the panj pyare what the bujjar kurehit is, if youre not sure.