Sikhs In Hitler Army

Greater-Punjab

Its known fact in history that there were many Former British Indian Sikh soldiers who joined hand with axis powers (Germany, Japan & Italy).

We have to keep in mind that in India during that time.. Sikhs were fighting two battles.. One in partner with British Empire against Axis powers (world war) and one in homeland against British empire to get freedom..

To keep in mind.. Bose was freedom fighter not like typical ghandi/nehru who raised Azad Hind Force and tried to fight against British empire.. He was not liked by ghandi clan.. I think they were not in good terms because of difference in their ideology.

Most of the Sikhs who joined Japanese and Germany were Prisoners of War and were encouraged by these countries to fight against British empire.

Hitler's evil work (SS Himmler) was not publicly known to the world.. that was very tight secret and only came to surface after the end of world war 2. So theres no point which shows to sikh soldiers that hitler was that bad..

Regarding the sikhs in hitler's army.. saying goes.. My enemy's enemy is my best friend.

I met this war veteran last year who was soldier in british india army and later was taken as pow by Japan and then later he and his friends became part of Azad Hind Force.. heres the brief video interview i took of him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV629DaLErI

The Sikhs who joined the Indian National Army were fighting to remove British rule form India as their ultimate aim. They were not aware of the German and Japanese killings. Bose was a Bengali who wanted to remove British rule by military force , a lot of the INA force was made up of Sikhs including most of its officers ,that were captured by the Germans in Europe and Japanese in South East Asia.

The British were stunned by this resistance, thats why they wanted it kept quite for so long. Together with mutinies in the Indian army and Navy after 1945 it convinced the British it was time to leave rather than what Gandhi and Nehru actions.

Its known fact in history that there were many Former British Indian Sikh soldiers who joined hand with axis powers (Germany, Japan & Italy).

Yeh what he said! Stop making excuses like "RSS this/Misleading that" - It's happened. Just because you lot don't support it doesn't mean it never happened.

Azad Hind Fauj had 66% Sikhs. Subhash Chandra Bose (knows respectfully as Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose) was the first one to glorify Shaheed Udham Singh after he shot dead Michael O'Dwyer to avenge the Jallainwala Bagh massacre, and thats when he left the Congress as he was convinced they were a bunch of power hungry and selfish politicians. As S1ngh said, he wasn't at all like the Gandhis or Nehrus. Him going to Hitler is comparable to present-day Khalistani leaders asking Musharraf for help against India. If this isn't wrong, and that was wrong, I don't need a better example or definition of hypocrisy. If you feel its alright to count on Musharraf in helping Sikhs get Khalistan, well, that was exactly the same ideology Subhash Chandra Bose had in mind when he went to meet Hitler.

There is another side to the story that is hardly told to pindu Punjabis. Fact is that American investment banks were helping finance the German war effort. Such people gave out loans etc. for military development (it was good business) to both sides.

So how about that for treachery. Asking people to fight in wars with people who you have financed. But I guess such complexities are lost on our simple minded brothers.

Read this interesting article if you get time;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1312540,00.html

Does anyone get a feeling that SIkhs are being subtly and systematically smeared in the media these days?

I agree with you on that one, smearing is happening slowly but it is happening.