Michael With The Story Of India Bbc2 At 9.

Paneer Monster

did anyone watch it?

this program showed beautiful footage of darbar sahib but as usual when it came to talking about Sikhs they got our history al wrong. first the <banned word filter activated> comes out with words to the effect of "the religioon [sikhism] sprung out between interaction between islam and hindus,"or something stupid along those lines. the midinformed speng went on to say that the land of DARBAR SAHIB WAS GIFTED TO US MY THE MUSLIM EMPEROR AKHBAR. this is not only false and misleading information but its an insult. Darbar Sahib was a dence jungle which was turned into a prosperous city by Satguru Raamdas Sahib and His Gursikh Sangat who alone founded the holy city of Sri Amritsar.

that documentary was rubbish, bloody hell the bbc do like sucking upto the muslims dont they! that gora didnt know jack all not a historian i think he was just probably happy he was tv.....you should have heard the way he was talkin lol

lol.. BBC's pro-Muslim agenda is laughable. They produce poorly researched, one-sided Bullcrap documentaries. They should stick to fixing BluePeter Phone-in's..

On a more serious note, unless the Sikh community start challenging and correcting these misinterpretations of our history, customs and traditions, we will continue to be portrayed in bad light.

I was watching BBC discussion on so called Sikh "honour killings" following the high profile case this week.

Again, It makes me laugh - they are NOT Sikh. They never label a white killer of a "Christian honour killer".

Unless they can find a quote from Gurbani that Justifies so called "honour killings", otherwise it has nothing to do with Sikhi.

Killings happen all the time, especially during affairs/love triangles and so on, yet they are never labelled as honour killings. When OJ Simpson was charged with murder of his ex-wife, was it classified as an “honour killing”???? No!

So why should they be allowed to tarnish the reputation of the Sikh community during this case?

We need better reputation of young Sikhs in the UK, we need to become more media savvy.

lol.. BBC's pro-Muslim agenda is laughable. They produce poorly researched, one-sided Bullcrap documentaries. They should stick to fixing BluePeter Phone-in's..

On a more serious note, unless the Sikh community start challenging and correcting these misinterpretations of our history, customs and traditions, we will continue to be portrayed in bad light.

I was watching BBC discussion on so called Sikh "honour killings" following the high profile case this week.

Again, It makes me laugh - they are NOT Sikh. They never label a white killer of a "Christian honour killer".

Unless they can find a quote from Gurbani that Justifies so called "honour killings", otherwise it has nothing to do with Sikhi.

Killings happen all the time, especially during affairs/love triangles and so on, yet they are never labelled as honour killings. When OJ Simpson was charged with murder of his ex-wife, was it classified as an “honour killing”???? No!

So why should they be allowed to tarnish the reputation of the Sikh community during this case?

We need better reputation of young Sikhs in the UK, we need to become more media savvy.

Flood offcom with Complaints and write letters to the BBC

Anyone record it?

Micheal presents a good series but he focuses too much on "positives" of these emperors who committed barbaric acts on the ndian subcontinent inhabitants. He skipped over aurangzeb's life and legacy convinently because he knows he was an evil islamic zealot and would have made islam look bad. This would have given a chance to present information on Sikhs, their faith and why they had to become militarised to combat the extreme persecution from the islamic invaders.