How Do They Talk?

Surrey Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Here in Canada, we mix Punjabi and English sometimes when we talk. Like if I'm talking to a Singh friend, we mostly speak English, but we'll throw in a Punjabi sentence once in a while, or just a couple of words. What i was curious about was this: In countries like France, Germany, Sweden etc...do the young Sikhs who are born there do the same thing with the language they mostly speak? Like do they speak perfect French, and once in a while they throw in some Punjabi words? I think it would be cool if i visit there, and would have to speak Punjabi to them in order to communicate, even though we both mainly speak different languages. Just curious about what it's like.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

rolleyes.gif

guys me from norway (it is near sweden)

i speak norwegian perfectly....and yes i do sometimes start punjabi in the class..or just start with a Dhadi tune...LOL! ppl go like WOW! nah man, it is no problem they understand. but yeah i speak norwegian mostly though, @ the school and friends...but like my friends do understand some words in punjabi.... :)

:) ..

Erm..last year we used to have a few Panjabis...now..no..none :D

BUt erm..yea happens Once in a While..while Speaking Swedish, out pops a word in Panjabi :@ ....

Tho i noticed..this happens most to the people living in the Anglo-Saxon Countries :T: tongue.gif :e:

Bhull chukk maaf grin.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

WJKK WJKFateh!

I think we should all strive to speak punjabi, among each other, because if you can see that among apnay these dayz, we speak other languages, what do you think our kids will know??

We should all goto punjabi class, no matter if you think its for kids or whatever, cuz you can't really know the essence of Gurbani, if you have no knowledge of Punjabi!

My two cents!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

paramjit singh khalsa in all his audio in keertan.net u can hera "ki ghar punjabi bolne chaede he " its very very very impor now days we talk hindi ,english in hiome not in punjabi

just think if one child dosent learns punjabi his whole family will be without our lang ,this means punjabi is no more in thir house if we want punjabi to stay for life speak in punajbi in house force childresns to speak in punjabi so it stays for ever take care my 0 percent

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• The Mind is Jyot Saroop (Waheguru), but the mind is under the influence of five evils… Through Naam Simran( Rememberance), the mind will begin to detach from evil, and get back to its original form ( MANN TU JYOT SAROOP HEH)… Until the mind breaks free from the five evils, one will go through the cycle of paap and punn….which leads to Karma… Naam Simran destroys past karma, and prevents new karma coming into fruition… I did this, I did that… This non realisation of the Jyot Saroop gives rise to paap and Punn, which in turn gives birth to suffering and misery…
    • I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.

Important Information

Terms of Use