Should Nindaks Be Killed?

rupinder singh

Note the "When all other methods fail" part.

I think you're out of context. This was in response to violence being inflicted AGAINST Sikhs at the time, they were instructed only to retaliate with violence had all other means failed. This doesn't mean if someone's thinking or talking goes against your philosophy, to go and strike them down with a sword if you can't change their way of thought. This is how right-wing fundamentalism grows, misquoting religious script that's way out of context.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Note the "When all other methods fail" part.

I think you're out of context. This was in response to violence being inflicted AGAINST Sikhs at the time, they were instructed only to retaliate with violence had all other means failed. This doesn't mean if someone's thinking or talking goes against your philosophy, to go and strike them down with a sword if you can't change their way of thought. This is how right-wing fundamentalism grows, misquoting religious script that's way out of context.

Guru pyaaeyo, you have said exactly what I meant with my one-liner post. My point was exactly what you have stated, that "when all other methods fail", only then is a Sikh supposed to raise weapons. Our history is the best example to it. Sahib Sri Guru Hargobind Jee Maharaj raised arms only after Sahib Sri Guru Arjan Dev Jee's shaheedi, and Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj raised arms only after Sahib Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Jee's shaheedi. In Sikhi, taking arms without a huge sacrifice hasn't happened, and shedding the blood of a cruel oppressor makes sense only after the cruel oppressor has shed the blood of numerous innocent oppressed ones.

Sikhism is becoming more and more like Islamic fanaticism it seems sometimes.

That is wrong. Certain dumb Sikhs are certainly becoming similar to Islamic fundamentalists, but Sikhism isn't. Sikhism is and always will be a rational, common sense, humanistic, dynamic and brave faith despite the actions of the Sikh Taleban.

That is wrong. Certain dumb Sikhs are certainly becoming similar to Islamic fundamentalists, but Sikhism isn't. Sikhism is and always will be a rational, common sense, humanistic, dynamic and brave faith despite the actions of the Sikh Taleban.

I agree. I worded it wrong. But you have to admit that these Islamo-Sikhs are very loud and risk severely damaging our good name and ethos. That's why we have to challenge them.

Depends on what the Nindak is doing. If the Nindak is burning saroops of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, ripping the Angs of Guru Ji, claiming to be the "True Guru", all in jealousy of Guru Ji, then I can't see how the Guru's Sikhs can let that Nindak walk, I believe the sword must be drawn, that the Nindaks actions are like an "act of war" type of thing.

If the Nindak is just spreading his/her false message, then we Sikhs must respond by doing parchaar, by spreading the true message, the Truth will Rise Above All Falsehoods

Depends on what the Nindak is doing. If the Nindak is burning saroops of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, ripping the Angs of Guru Ji, claiming to be the "True Guru", all in jealousy of Guru Ji, then I can't see how the Guru's Sikhs can let that Nindak walk, I believe the sword must be drawn, that the Nindaks actions are like an "act of war" type of thing.

do u view the nindak as an equal to a tyrant or serial killer or paedophile. would the drawing of the sword be prioritised for the slaying of a nindak over a child serial killer.. why does a nindak get more of a reaction from Sikhs than a child serial killer for example..

do u view the nindak as an equal to a tyrant or serial killer or paedophile. would the drawing of the sword be prioritised for the slaying of a nindak over a child serial killer.. why does a nindak get more of a reaction from Sikhs than a child serial killer for example..

Shows you just how clever people who take Amrit are nowadays. Also gives you a clear window into their sense of justice....