Yom - October

BaBa.G

beautiful - his young life is what Gursikhi is all about. The one thing about Taz which i find rare for someone of his age is his ability to balance his life - keeping rehat and japping naam, but also living a practical life. A good Gursikh but i can say personally, a better humanitarian. Love u always veereh :lol:

BUMP! A must read for all, Vaheguru!! :WW:

What inspires me is our Gurus revered the Word as Divine. The same Divine Word was first revealed to SatGuru Nanak Dev Ji and the same was enshrined by successive Gurus in Gurbani. Each showed Gurbani the greater respect as one day the Word was to take the place of Guru, in fact the eternal Guru. Despite Gurbani was to be added by later Gurus, when Sri Adi Granth Ji was first brought to Sri Harimandir Sahib by Baba Budha Ji, Guru Arjan Dev Ji showed the Divine Word greater respect by walking behind - barefoot from Ramsar to Sri Harimandar Sahib carrying Chaur Sahib. That night Guru Arjan Dev Ji gave up his own bed to offer to the Divine Word. Guru Piaareo such was his respect for Gurbani that every day thereafter he slept on the floor by the side of the Divine Word. This faith, love and surrender our Gurus had for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj Ji is what continues to be a constant source of inspiration for me.

When Guru Arjan Dev Ji was separated from Guru Ram Das Ji he composed three shabads which are now in Shabad Hazaarey from Ang 96 of Guru Maharaj:

mayraa man lochai gur darsan taa-ee.

My mind longs for the Blessed Vision of the Guru's Darshan.

bilap karay chaatrik kee ni-aa-ee.

It cries out like the thirsty song-bird.

tarikhaa na utrai saaNt na aavai bin darsan sant pi-aaray jee-o. ||1||

My thirst is not quenched, and I can find no peace, without the Blessed Vision of the Beloved Saint. ||1||

ha-o gholee jee-o ghol ghumaa-ee gur darsan sant pi-aaray jee-o. ||1|| rahaa-o.

I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to the Blessed Vision of the Beloved Saint Guru. ||1||Pause||

And Guru Ram Das Ji Himself enshrined on Ang 757 of Guru Maharaj:

jhakharr jhaagee meehu varasai bhee gur dhaekhan jaaee ||13||

Even in violent storms and torrential rain, I go out to catch a glimpse of my Guru. ||13||

samu(n)dh saagar hovai bahu khaaraa gurasikh la(n)gh gur pehi jaaee ||14||

Even though the oceans and the salty seas are very vast, the GurSikh will cross over it to get to his Guru. ||14||

jio praanee jal bin hai marathaa thio sikh gur bin mar jaaee ||15||

Just as the mortal dies without water, so does the Sikh die without the Guru. ||15||

jio dhharathee sobh karae jal barasai thio sikh gur mil bigasaaee ||16||

Just as the earth looks beautiful when the rain falls, so does the Sikh blossom forth meeting the Guru. ||16||

This is the longing we should have to get Darshan of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj. Those who serve the Guru, serve Guru-ki-Sangat, and in turn serve the entire humanity will become one with Guru and God.

In life we all feel lost at sea but Guru Maharaj is the boat which will take us across to the other side. NOW is the time, in our youth, to meditate on the priceless jewel of God's Name – not when we're too old to either learn Gurbani or do any sewa.