The Issue Of Milk

rimmel

If you really want to become vegan thn soy milk, tofu etc. are the substitutes u have for milk,paneer etc. I don't know if soy yogurt is available but they have soy ice creams.

OR

You can go back to the pind and get your own "majh" and have all the milk products :)

Singhs can't really be 100% vegan because Degh has to be made with Desi Kyo (Ghee) which is obtained from milk. The conditions of free range cows aren't so bad - some supermarkets offer free range milk albeit at a higher price than the normal stuff.

Eating soya in large quantities can lead to reduced testosterone levels in men, which is not good if you're still growing or weight training etc.

Before you make the commitment, have a look at a dairy farm yourself - you'll find that the conditions aren't as bad as militant vegans like to potray.

I dont think one must be that stubborn about the way a Veg must be looked like....I think it is the suffering part for the animals nd they being GOD creatures we must avoid to harm them. Thats it and the first step towards that will be stop eating Non Veg. Other than that if you see the leather products will still be made. .....also fisheries is such huge industry and a bread provider to millions of homes probably...so u cant really take care of everything.... The best way to start is to avoid eating Non Veg as much as possible.

Fateh

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Well I would agree with the original post... things ARE very different now than they used to be, especially for the treatment of animals. I personally have kinda gone half way to being vegan, I drink soy milk (the Silk brand I find is the best), fortified orange juice (with Vit D and Calcium) as a way to replace my liquid milk intake.

And for the sake of argument, I don't think Degh HAS to be made with Milk derived Ghee... the common sense aspect of sikhi allows u to make a substitution especially in moral/ethical areas like this. And also, though its true Soy does have estrogen-like molecules, you obviously haven't heard how much estrogen and antibiotics are present in "real" milk... they are injected with gigantic amounts for the sake of increasing their milk and bulk production. Its one of the hypothesized reasons why females are hitting puberty at age 7-9 nowdays when a few decades back it was in the 16-18 range.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

every thing is to do with money man, noone care about side effects, we need natural food etc, i mean being a vegan isnt easy, u wudnt be able to eat langar, cos alot of butter is used, etc. plus mile is quite essentail thats why our mothers give us milk when we r first born, milk is then concieved as breakfasts. as for the treatment of animals, yeah man ur right it is so out of order for the cow. we should campaign for thier better treatment, but it so hard to aviod products that have been manufactured from ill treatment of the animals. i,e cars, leatehr , jumpers, . how u gonna boycott al that. what if ur mate had leather interiors, whud u still get a life, wud u dstill play football. wud u still get engaged to a person who has leather sofas, it seems like im taking the mick, but i aint, lol serious, but ur right maybe we need to look into the treatment of the cows and figure out the abuses and start something up to protect the, wheres the hindus when u need em ,lolhahahah