Sleeping And Reciting

Guest _sleeping_singh_

Guest _sleeping_singh_

Might be a wierd question but it is something that I thought about after it had happened.

Sometimes (when I say sometimes, I mean like maybe once every 5-6 months), when I'm asleep I kinda wake up. I'm still asleep, my body is still asleep, I know I'm still asleep. I know of nothing around me. I don't whether it's day or night outside or anything but I'm awake. Wierd to explain - bit like a lucid dream when you know you're dreaming and you can start to control it, except on these occasions, I'm not dreaming.

Any way, I'm asleep and awaken gradually whilst still in my sleep. As I wake up whilst still asleep, I find my mind reciting Japji sahib. It's wierd, it's like a tape of the paath is being played and I'm listening to it but not actively reciting it.

Is it right to recite paath like this - without having a bath first or dressed or even without engaging my mind? Does it still count? Or is it as worthless as someone reciting Japji Sahib with their tongue whilst they watch TV/have their mind elsewhere? Should I wake up when I realise this is happening, wash and recite Japji sahib properly?

Guest concernedsingh

I don't understand why u posted this topic

I hope the replies or the post itself dont feed your ego, or the motive behind your post.. because it would be a loss only 2 u.. none of us we just gna chill with our own avasthas..

Posting as gupt wont help.. keeping gupt means not 2 tell anyone, not tell ppl and hide behind a name - their replies will still arise egotism within u!!

Guru Nanak Dev Ji went to many places, even to places of canibals to recite Gurbani.. (yes we shouldnt equate to him, but COMON he wanted to set an example! he was humble too does that mean we shouldnt be humble?!)

Recite gurbani wherever, whenever. More gurbani the better.

Guest _sleeping_singh_

Didn't post it to boost my ego.

Question was if I wake up to find my mind is reciting Gurbani, should I continue or should I stop, wake up and do it properly?

Does it count? Or is it a waste of time? in which case, I would wake up and do it properly.

I'm not at any level. I don't even have the support of Naam and the bliss of Amrit.

When I was learning Japji Sahib, I would listen to it on tape as well as read with it. Repeatedly until I learnt the Bani off by heart. The voice in my head does the paath in the same way/style as the tape but in a different voice.

Guest peacemaker
I don't understand why u posted this topic

I hope the replies or the post itself dont feed your ego, or the motive behind your post.. because it would be a loss only 2 u.. none of us we just gna chill with our own avasthas..

Posting as gupt wont help.. keeping gupt means not 2 tell anyone, not tell ppl and hide behind a name - their replies will still arise egotism within u!!

Chilllllllllllllll, dude. :console: And I thought I was the only one who "shouted" on this forum. :)

OMG i wish i was you. :WW: :WW: :WW:

hahahaha

why?

reciting gurbani in dreams, or doing simran in dreams or semi concious state is normal

Man u are one lucky guy. I doubt that i will ever get to the level that u are at.