Sleeping And Reciting

Guest _sleeping_singh_

Remembering God or doing Jap Ji Sahib whether your body is dirty or clean is always good. That doesn't mean we shouldn't take a shower in the morning though. Take one as soon as you can. Simran/Baanee should start as soon as you wake up at amritvela and then continue during and after your ishnaan.

Might be a wierd question but it is something that I thought about after it had happened.

Sometimes (when I say sometimes, I mean like maybe once every 5-6 months), when I'm asleep I kinda wake up. I'm still asleep, my body is still asleep, I know I'm still asleep. I know of nothing around me. I don't whether it's day or night outside or anything but I'm awake. Wierd to explain - bit like a lucid dream when you know you're dreaming and you can start to control it, except on these occasions, I'm not dreaming.

Any way, I'm asleep and awaken gradually whilst still in my sleep. As I wake up whilst still asleep, I find my mind reciting Japji sahib. It's wierd, it's like a tape of the paath is being played and I'm listening to it but not actively reciting it.

Is it right to recite paath like this - without having a bath first or dressed or even without engaging my mind? Does it still count? Or is it as worthless as someone reciting Japji Sahib with their tongue whilst they watch TV/have their mind elsewhere? Should I wake up when I realise this is happening, wash and recite Japji sahib properly?

Firstly contrgats.

Did u know Gursikhs around 10th gurus times, most of them could do wot u are experiencing. That is the physical body is asleep while u are awoken conciously. This is the best time to do naam simran, U get more phal (reward) doing it this way and more spiritual bliss.

I am not gonna boast but, guru ki kirpa, somtimes i do jap ji sahib while im physically sleeping and conciously awake. It is hard and uses alot of demakh ka joor. But it is perfectly fine. if u can do this, do so. just have a shower when u will normally awake.

All Gursikhs in this forum if u want to have somthing similar to this singh. Its not hard, its all about practise and dedication. When you are about to go to sleep, just keep repeating to ur self. Prefebally in punjabi

Mera sareev sutha paya-ahh, par asi jaag-day ahh

My body (physical) is sleeping, and i am awake.

Just keep saying the above until u fall asleep, with practise, u will really awake like the singh has described. :lol:

If u keep on practising and keep awaking while u sleep u can astral Travel :@

I havent got to this stage as of yet, due to stress at work. hopefully will practise in my holidays off.

I recommend a book called Astral Travel and Dreams by belzebuub

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Course-Astral-Trav...1658&sr=1-1

this is perfectly fine. i heard of many people that will actually recite bani before opening there eyes in the morning. this is said because when you sleep kaljug sleeps right next to you and waits for you to wake up so it can come over you , but if you recite bani before getting up kaljug is no longer there. I heard of this one singh in particular who recites the entire panj granthi gutka (10 banis) by heart before opening his eyes, and let me tell you, he is 1 chardi khala singh.

so its absolutely fine for you to recite bani's while sleeping

Ishnaan comes before Nitnem - but that does not mean it comes before Paat. We should be aiming to do Simeran (or Bani) 24 hours a day (which is quite rare). We should remember Waheguru all the time (I've got a loooooooong way to go).

Guest reiciting
this is perfectly fine. i heard of many people that will actually recite bani before opening there eyes in the morning. this is said because when you sleep kaljug sleeps right next to you and waits for you to wake up so it can come over you , but if you recite bani before getting up kaljug is no longer there. I heard of this one singh in particular who recites the entire panj granthi gutka (10 banis) by heart before opening his eyes, and let me tell you, he is 1 chardi khala singh.

so its absolutely fine for you to recite bani's while sleeping

panj granthi gutka is 10 bani's? :lol:

panj granth gutka is composed of 10 banis: japji sahib, rehraas, solhia, anand sahib, dhur ki bani, bhavan akhri, asa ki //, sukhmani sahib and 2 others i cant remember..

but doesnt panj mean 5? :lol:

• 15 years later...
Guest Lovepreet

Seems like people replying to this question haven’t even read your question properly. 

I’ve experienced the exact same thing last night, I’m so confused as to why it happened as well. I have recently started doing path for the past week continuously (dukh bhanjani sahib) however in my dream I was reciting japji sahib (I can read it from Gutka, know bits and pieces of by heart) in my dream I was doing some lines from the middle of the path. 

personally I don’t think you should take it that seriously because you can’t control your dreams, if you feel like you should get up and do it properly, then I guess that’s your answer 😊😊😊