Attention All Sikh Athletes Who Want To Make A Difference

ATTENTION ALL SIKH ATHLETES WHO WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

This is an invitation to the Sikh Athletes to run and/or walk for SikhGiving Fundraising on the upcoming marathon event.

2007 Guru Nanak Walk and Marathon - Sikh Sports Association of USA

Sikh Sports Association of USA will be holding its first annual Guru Nanak Walk and Marathon for world peace to be held in Fremont, Northern California. Here are the details (to be updated continuously...)

Grand Prize: Runners with the top three fastest times in the Men's 13 Miles Marathon and Women's 13 Miles Marathon will receive $1000, $750, $500 respectively. Grand prize winners will not receive the cash prizes in their respective categories as mentioned state below.

Event Prizes

13 Miles Marathon – Men U30 $1000, $750, $500

13 Miles Marathon - Men 31-50 $1000, $750, $500

]13 Miles Marathon – Men 51+ $1000, $750, $500

13 Miles Marathon - Women U30 $1000, $750, $500

13 Miles Marathon - Women 31-50 $1000, $750, $500

13 Miles Marathon - Women 51+ $1000, $750, $500

2 Miles Race - Boys U12 $100, $75, $50

2 Miles Race - Boys U15 $100, $75, $50

2 Miles Race - Girls U12 $100, $75, $50

2 Miles Race - Girls U15 $100, $75, $50

Date: Nov. 18 (9:00 AM - 4:00 PM)

Venue: Lake Elizabeth, Fremont, CA

Age: Age of the competitors will be calculated as of Nov. 17, 24.00 hrs.

To find out more about the SikhGiving; a Non Profit Organization: http://www.sikhgiving.com

To learn more about this event and how you can help out your community

Email: SikhGiving@gmail.com

Phone: Satnam Singh (209) 992-1052

Ranjit Singh (209) 346-0263

you can also check out the website for more info on sikh sports asso.=)

http://sikhsports.com/SikhGames2007/SikhMarathon2007.htm

the thing is SikhgGiving wants runners/walkers to walk for them. if the runner/walker win the prize s/he can donate whatever amount they want from his/her prize to SikhGiving.

as it is said above if you want more information, just contact the people or send a messge to me.=)

i believe this a great seva anyone can do. you are doing it for yourself, community, peace, and supporting a great non profit organization which is helping out people in Punjab.

bhull chuk muaff karni

Akal sahai!

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!!!

Waheguru!

Sikhgiving just finished their Awareness to the Sangat at Yuba City Nagar Kirtan 2007. Good Sewa! :WW: :WW: :WW:

And for Marathon 2007 in Fremont, please come forward to spread the word out to your friends and relatives around Bay Area. Remember you can makes a difference by joining as a Runner or spreading this request to others to volunteer. I would suggest those who know SSA members from Bay Area UCs to alert Marathon runners to help the cause SikhGiving has put forward.

I might be running for SikhGiving.. though it will be hard for me to run for even one mile.. 13 mile is far :lol: Oh well.. Gotta start practice now...

YEAAHHH!!!!

ONE THING though:

u better go to ur doctor first and ask him if u could run that much!(u punjabiz tsk tsk tsk)

just looking after ya blush.gif ... i know i know I. Kaur does a great job doing that but dont wanna hear it from ya ki i didnt say anything before hand lolz

did ya ask Rubz to do it? i forgot. if she's not busy ask her... im sure she'll drag someone else along with her too. she has done many walks etc before.