Vedanti and the 3 Anniversaries of 2004

AK-47

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

with all due respect to Sri Akal Takht, i did not mean anything against Sri Akal Takht or its authority on the Sikh qaum. But as Mann veerjee pointed out, a jathedar is supposed to be a sewadaar and not just a leader. This is what separates Sikhs from the rest of the world. Other leaders give orders but Sikh leaders do sewa. Even Sant Jarnail Singh Jee Khalsa Bhindranwale who was the undoubted leader of all Sikhs in early 80s said once "mai tuhadda naukkar haan, chowkidaar haan tuhadda".

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SikhForLife

the situation is more complicated than it seems.. because i have noticed a continued trend in the past few years that all the educated adults talk about the Negative things about Akal Takhat and this jathedaar did this.. and that.. and how sgpc should be taken out blah blah

now the youth listens to this and builds a notion that sikhs should not listen to akal takhat or sgpc and ignore the decisions made by them.. etc

so i always tell people that we should be extremly careful when we talk about the negative things of our jathedaars and our panthic leaders..

i do understand the faults they posses and how some decisions are ridiculous and sometimes anti-sikh..

however, to ensure that sikhs stay united in the future we must support siri akaal takhat and our jathedaars while still secretly trying to improve our panthic leaders..

lets not make sikh panth a laughing matter for public...

one example is how in the army the soldiers never go against their commanders because they have to be united to be strong ..

in the same situation sikhs are under attack from sevaral different fronts and if we are to win we must support our leaders regardless of how we feel about their decisions.. obviously it has to be reasonable .. my point being for the littlest things we ridicule our jathedaars while that should be kept in restraint.

"my point being for the littlest things we ridicule our jathedaars "

i understand what you are saying, the sanctity of Akal Takhat Sahib should be maintained at all costs. However, the blood of our shaheeds is no "little thing." What is the point of raising a fuss about 1984 and injustices against Sikhs when the highest authority in Sikh affairs ignores such issues? All this ever does is strengthen India's claim that all talk about Khalistan and human rights violations are the "wild fantasies" of Western sikhs living abroad and are not shared by Sikhs living in Hindustan. For how long now has the panth complained about bad leadership, Sikhs say 1947, oh bad leadership, akali dal badal, bad leadership, well things are never going to get better by biting our lips. The supremacy of the Akal Takhat cannot be questioned. However, any sikhs at the pinnacle of power in Sikh institutions do not have the panth's permission to undermine key sikh initiatives. It is very frustrating when we here in the West make presentations about Sikh genocide in India, about 1984, hold rallies, make associations, do all different kinds of things, and then these jathedars come to the West to give their darshan to the panth and they ignore 1984 like it is some conspiracy theory made up by Western Sikhs. What would Sant Jarnail Singh Ji khalsa Bhindrawaale think about such jathedars, kaum de gadaar comes to mind. :) @

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The problem is that the Akal Takht Jathedar is nowadays just a minor employee of the SGPC. I don't mean this as any disrespect to the Akal Takht but you only need to look at how the last few Jathedars have been acting to know that. I respect Bhai Ranjit Singh for his role in the 'sudhar' of the Narakdhari head but when he became Jathedar he had the whole Sikh nation behind him. What did he do ?, for the first year he remained a pawn of Badal and Tohra. When Badal and Tohra started to fight amongst themselves he joined Tohra even though Tohra and Badal are as bad as each other. When he was sacked he then started to put our panthic statements and accusing Badal of being a traitor to the Panth when he himself was closely aligned to Tohra.

If Bhai Ranjit Singh had not got involved in the Badal-Tohra feud and remained committed to the Panth then the whole Panth would have backed him when Badal had him removed. The problem is that only those persons are made Akal Takht Jathedar who are willing to be pawns of Badal. Unless and until someone is appointed who is willing to act like an Akal Takht Jathedar is supposed to act then I don't see them either earning or enjoying any respect amongst Sikh youth.

The only decent Akal Takht Jathedars of recent years have been Prof. Darshan Singh and Bhai Gurdev Singh Kaonke.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Had the pleasure of being present and participating in what started as a gurdwara committee backside kissing session and turned into a full scale youth revolt agianst the old timers!

At least Mr Vedanti now knows how some of us guys feel!

Anyway a mate is writing up a report of what happened, the questions asked, the questions avoided and the answers not given.... yeh you can guess how it went! wacko.gif

Wonder if you can get kicked out of the panth for arguing with your jathedhar!?!?

These pawns are an embarassement, especially when a bunch of youths aged 16 to about 22 can put the main guy on the spot, they aint even good enough politicians that they can actually bulls*** themselves out of a situation!!

Dear o dear!

Had the pleasure of being present and participating in what started as a gurdwara committee backside kissing session and turned into a full scale youth revolt agianst the old timers!

At least Mr Vedanti now knows how some of us guys feel!

Anyway a mate is writing up a report of what happened, the questions asked, the questions avoided and the answers not given.... yeh you can guess how it went! wacko.gif

Wonder if you can get kicked out of the panth for arguing with your jathedhar!?!?

These pawns are an embarassement, especially when a bunch of youths aged 16 to about 22 can put the main guy on the spot, they aint even good enough politicians that they can actually bulls*** themselves out of a situation!!

Dear o dear!

Maybe the talk of 80's is not a best thing to talk in Punjab ?? They (punjabsikhs) need to realize that they are being fooled by all politicians.. and secondly that world need Religious spiritual power first.. So Prachar first, then if time permits, then 80's talk should be bring back in front.. Need to play clever tricks.. !!