Kakaar's

Kharku

Kharku,

'basically the kaakars will not help you spiritually, lead u to god.'

The first step on Guru Nanak Dev Ji's path to become successful, and for God TO ACCEPT US, is to have strong FAITH and belief in all of Guru Ji's Rehits - to follow them STRICTLY and not to QUESTION them. By questioning Guru Ji's rehit we have DOUBT, IN GURBANI DOUBT IS A HUGE STEP AWAY FROM GOD. FAITH IS A STEP TOWARDS GOD. MAKE THE RIGHT ONE. SEE GURU JI AND GOD AS ONE AND THE SAME, WHICH GURBANI ALSO STATES. THE GURU IS THE BEST MAN, GOD THE HUSBAND. Therefore, the reason is a spiritual one. If you want to know the true meaning of the kakaars ask GURU JI HIMSELF.

d_oh.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we fail to live and breathe Sikhi then we end up with nothing more than doubts. Doubt is a weakness.. Kakaars are part of our Rehat, just like nit-nem is part of our Rehat.

The Old Purtan Singh says, “Young man! Look at yourself as a little shrub, look at your rehat as a fence built around shrub, to protect the shrub from predators, to help the shrub grow. Eventually that shrub grows to become a healthy strapping big tree, improved because the fence acted as a boundry shielding the shrub.”

Bana and Bani complement each other, Rehat and Naam Kamai complement each other. We are unique in our Sant-Siphai make up and we need to realise that uniqueness. Kakaars are a direct Hukam from Guru Ji, a Hukam means that Sikhs accept it without questioning, just like we accept the Hukam Guru Manyo Granth. If we are not willing to accept a Hukam then we are bemukhs, manmukhs.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Rupinder Singh clocked it, nice post.

If i was a younger or someone who hasnt taken Amrit but was looking into it, this topic would really confuse me and make me question the rehit.

End of the day Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave us the 5 K's as part of our rehit and our panj tell us to keep them on us at all times (medical operations and flights abroad being the ONLY exception) who are we to question them?

Please dont confuse people and come out with topics like these.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

If we fail to live and breathe Sikhi then we end up with nothing more than doubts. Doubt is a weakness.. Kakaars are part of our Rehat, just like nit-nem is part of our Rehat.

The Old Purtan Singh says, “Young man! Look at yourself as a little shrub, look at your rehat as a fence built around shrub, to protect the shrub from predators, to help the shrub grow. Eventually that shrub grows to become a healthy strapping big tree, improved because the fence acted as a boundry shielding the shrub.”

Bana and Bani complement each other, Rehat and Naam Kamai complement each other. We are unique in our Sant-Siphai make up and we need to realise that uniqueness. Kakaars are a direct Hukam from Guru Ji, a Hukam means that Sikhs accept it without questioning, just like we accept the Hukam Guru Manyo Granth. If we are not willing to accept a Hukam then we are bemukhs, manmukhs.

With respect there is nothing wrong in questioning, and there is no evidence of direct Hukam from Guru ji in regards to wearing “Five” Kakkars in the manner stated here. If there is please produce it. Also there is nothing wrong in “doubting” it is not weakness, when one doubts one isn’t satisfied with the evidence available or provided and seeks the truth behind a matter if anything it’s a strength not to simply settle for popular opinion.

When someone questions such matters they are not “bemukhs, manmukhs” but seekers of knowledge and truth.

If people find such debates unnerving, unsettling and confusing then that’s a flaw in ones own character not the subject substance in hand.

The shrub story was nice.

LOL

calling yourself a "kharku" and can't even take the discipline of keeping Kakars

(just wanted to add another useless post to this thread)

LOL

calling yourself " Guru Ji's Sipahi" without having a sant side.

(just wanted to judge u by your name)

WAT THE HELL IS THIS THREAD TURNING INTO?

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH US MAN??

AND WHY THE HELL DONT THE DAMN MODS FEAKIN STOP THREADS WHEN THEY CAN SEE TAHT THINGS ARE GETTING OUT OF HAND??

was making a point - thanks for highlighting it

Love you all! <_<

With respect there is nothing wrong in questioning, and there is no evidence of direct Hukam from Guru ji in regards to wearing “Five” Kakkars in the manner stated here. If there is please produce it. Also there is nothing wrong in “doubting” it is not weakness, when one doubts one isn’t satisfied with the evidence available or provided and seeks the truth behind a matter if anything it’s a strength not to simply settle for popular opinion.

When someone questions such matters they are not “bemukhs, manmukhs” but seekers of knowledge and truth.

If people find such debates unnerving, unsettling and confusing then that’s a flaw in ones own character not the subject substance in hand.

The shrub story was nice.

Fair point.

The strength of individual belief in a hukam is subjective to each individual. People may think I'm stupid but I sincerely believe Maharaj told us to wear the 5 kakaars all the time. I believe that Hukam is gospel but I'm sorry I cant prove it. Maybe it's the Sikhs I have interacted with and spent time with or maybe from my own life mistakes, but I believe some people are more willing to accept something more than others. That what faith is really about..

Dharam is nothing without a ever deeper relationship being formed with akaal purakh and our Guru is our medium. First we need to realise that we are trying to get closer to akaal purakh. Then as Sikhs we need to realise we have a Guru and why we have a Guru. Then we need to start developing a relationship with the Guru and that starts through nit-nem and rehat.

When we come against walls, then as you rightly said we need to question, learn and understand to be able to climb that wall.

I think I reacted to someone using an id like “Kharku” and then coming out with such novice questions, which almost seemed belittling to Sikhi. Again my mistake for making a judgemental assumption, I should realise user ids are alais we can use to hide behind.

think of it this way guys:

we all wanna meet guru ji in the end right, as in go to sachkand right?

ok sachkand is like a huge stadium.

In order to get into that stadium, your gonna need a ticket. (a sikhs kakkars are his ticket)

ok, so now you could just show up at the stadium cause you got ticket right? But what stadium? So you could do some research (a sikh's research is reading bani). The research takes a while cause you have no idea where the stadium is or what it looks like, or how you can not have to wait in line to get in, and all the other details of it, and you find out that if you show up early, you can get a better seat. (more research, more you find: more bani sikh reads, the more sikh discovers). Some even do lots and lots of research and get hooked up with someone that might work at that stadium. (people like sants and mahapurks work at that stadium, and sad ki sangat we all know about).

ok so now we already got the ticket (kakkars), and we did some research (bani). Now we know for sure that we can get into the stadium, as long as we just dont lose that ticket. (not losing the ticket is like a sikhs responcibilty, or a sikhs duty in life right? (which is what the kakkars remind us of). So then you also help out other sikhs who got a ticket and want to get into the stadium.

ok, we gots ticket (kakkars), and did research (bani), and we gonna hold on to that ticket with some responcibility,(our duty) and not forget what we researched(remembering what bani tell us all the time).

When we find the stadium, we'll be ready, but it wasnt possible if we didnt have ticket(kakkars)

So a sikhs kakkars are there for a reason, and very important in life.