Stop Being Punks?

nazzy

Have you guys heard saakhi of bhai bitchaar singh jee, a rasoiaa (made guru ka langar) who never had any training in any martial arts, was quite short and not built at all. guru sahib gave me thapraa and this singh went and put a naagnee through elephant's armored forehead.

you can do all the martial training you want, but if the saint aspect is lacking, if faith of guru sahib is lacking, then you will have fear inside you. as long as there is fear, one cannot be complete warrior.

Now, i'm not saying don't train, we should all be fit and strong, we should take care of ourselves both physically AND mentally. But, when all is said and done, more emphasis is still given on the saint aspect. Miri is always higher than piri. At Shri Darbar Sahib, miri nishan sahib is higher than piri nishan sahib.

miri is higher because of the piri. if not for sacrifices of the shaheeds we wudnt be able to practise our religion. no 1 give u anything in life, sumtyms u have to take wats urs. if we didnt take our right to exist the moguls wud have killed us off. thats exactly why wer slowly disapearing as a people, too many papuu's walking about.

like the title says, STOP BEING PUNKS!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you guys heard saakhi of bhai bitchaar singh jee, a rasoiaa (made guru ka langar) who never had any training in any martial arts, was quite short and not built at all. guru sahib gave me thapraa and this singh went and put a naagnee through elephant's armored forehead.

you can do all the martial training you want, but if the saint aspect is lacking, if faith of guru sahib is lacking, then you will have fear inside you. as long as there is fear, one cannot be complete warrior.

Now, i'm not saying don't train, we should all be fit and strong, we should take care of ourselves both physically AND mentally. But, when all is said and done, more emphasis is still given on the saint aspect. Miri is always higher than piri. At Shri Darbar Sahib, miri nishan sahib is higher than piri nishan sahib.

Firstly, where is your proof that Bhai Bachitar Singh Ji never had any training. Please provide the Sangat with evidence of this i.e. a reliable historical text like Suraj Parkash would be good.

Secondly, if you read this post no one is saying train train train. We are stating a valid point that nowaday Singhs are 'pupoos'.

Thirdly, Miri is not higher than Piri. Miri means temporal and Piri means spiritual. The Nishan Sahib closer to Harmandir Sahib is higher than the one closer to Akaal Takht Sahib. You are contradicting yourself in this post.

Conclusion:

Too many people trying to preach on here when they havent got a clue! If people want to be pupoos then carry on. When ones dastar gets ripped off and one gets stabbed with their own Kirpan, maybe then people will start to wake up to this Brahmanism! Lets put our 'mat' (mentality) to one side for a moment and lets ask Guru Gobind Singh Ji why they came to this earth and created the Khalsa Panth:

"ਚੌਪਈ ॥

CHAUPAI

ਜਿਨਿ ਜਿਨਿ ਨਾਮ ਤਿਹਾਰੋ ਧਿਆਇਆ ॥ ਦੂਖ ਪਾਪ ਤਿਨ ਨਿਕਟ ਨ ਆਇਆ ॥

Those who mediated on the Name of the Lord, none of the sorrows and sins came near them.

ਜੇ ਜੇ ਅਉਰ ਧਿਆਨ ਕੋ ਧਰਹੀਂ ॥ ਬਹਿਸ ਬਹਿਸ ਬਾਦਨ ਤੇ ਮਰਹੀਂ ॥੪੧॥

Those who meditated on any other Entity, they ended themselves in futile discussions and quarrels.41.

ਹਮ ਇਹ ਕਾਜ ਜਗਤ ਮੋ ਆਏ ॥ ਧਰਮ ਹੇਤ ਗੁਰਦੇਵਿ ਪਠਾਏ ॥

I have been sent into this world by the Preceptor-Lord to propagate Dharma (righteousness).

ਜਹਾਂ ਤਹਾਂ ਤੁਮ ਧਰਮ ਬਿਥਾਰੋ ॥ ਦੁਸਟ ਦੋਖੀਅਨਿ ਪਕਰਿ ਪਛਾਰੋ ॥੪੨॥

The Lord asked me to spread Dharma, and vanquish the tyrants and evil-minded persons. 42.

ਯਾਹੀ ਕਾਜ ਧਰਾ ਹਮ ਜਨਮੰ ॥ ਸਮਝ ਲੇਹੁ ਸਾਧੂ ਸਭ ਮਨਮੰ ॥

I have taken birth of this purpose, the saints should comprehend this in their minds.

ਧਰਮ ਚਲਾਵਨ ਸੰਤ ਉਬਾਰਨ ॥ ਦੁਸਟ ਸਭਨ ਕੋ ਮੂਲ ਉਪਾਰਨ ॥੪੩॥

(I have been born) to spread Dharma, and protect saints, and root out tyrants and evil-minded persons.43.

ਜੇ ਜੇ ਭਏ ਪਹਿਲ ਅਵਤਾਰਾ ॥ ਆਪੁ ਆਪੁ ਤਿਨ ਜਾਪੁ ਉਚਾਰਾ ॥

All the earlier incarnations caused only their names to be remembered.

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਦੋਖੀ ਕੋਈ ਨ ਬਿਦਾਰਾ ॥ ਧਰਮ ਕਰਨ ਕੋ ਰਾਹੁ ਨ ਡਾਰਾ ॥੪੪॥

They did not strike the tyrants and did not make them follow the path of Dharma.44.

I don't know about you guys but it can't get any clearer then that. Guru Gobind Singh Ji has clearly stated in this shabad the importance of striking down the tyrants!!! If anyone disputes that then maybe if you go on to a Hindu-Brahman forum then you might find like minded people!

Firstly, where is your proof that Bhai Bachitar Singh Ji never had any training. Please provide the Sangat with evidence of this i.e. a reliable historical text like Suraj Parkash would be good.

Secondly, if you read this post no one is saying train train train. We are stating a valid point that nowaday Singhs are 'pupoos'.

Thirdly, Miri is not higher than Piri. Miri means temporal and Piri means spiritual. The Nishan Sahib closer to Harmandir Sahib is higher than the one closer to Akaal Takht Sahib. You are contradicting yourself in this post.

Conclusion:

Too many people trying to preach on here when they havent got a clue! If people want to be pupoos then carry on. When ones dastar gets ripped off and one gets stabbed with their own Kirpan, maybe then people will start to wake up to this Brahmanism! Lets put our 'mat' (mentality) to one side for a moment and lets ask Guru Gobind Singh Ji why they came to this earth and created the Khalsa Panth:

"ਚੌਪਈ ॥

CHAUPAI

ਜਿਨਿ ਜਿਨਿ ਨਾਮ ਤਿਹਾਰੋ ਧਿਆਇਆ ॥ ਦੂਖ ਪਾਪ ਤਿਨ ਨਿਕਟ ਨ ਆਇਆ ॥

Those who mediated on the Name of the Lord, none of the sorrows and sins came near them.

ਜੇ ਜੇ ਅਉਰ ਧਿਆਨ ਕੋ ਧਰਹੀਂ ॥ ਬਹਿਸ ਬਹਿਸ ਬਾਦਨ ਤੇ ਮਰਹੀਂ ॥੪੧॥

Those who meditated on any other Entity, they ended themselves in futile discussions and quarrels.41.

ਹਮ ਇਹ ਕਾਜ ਜਗਤ ਮੋ ਆਏ ॥ ਧਰਮ ਹੇਤ ਗੁਰਦੇਵਿ ਪਠਾਏ ॥

I have been sent into this world by the Preceptor-Lord to propagate Dharma (righteousness).

ਜਹਾਂ ਤਹਾਂ ਤੁਮ ਧਰਮ ਬਿਥਾਰੋ ॥ ਦੁਸਟ ਦੋਖੀਅਨਿ ਪਕਰਿ ਪਛਾਰੋ ॥੪੨॥

The Lord asked me to spread Dharma, and vanquish the tyrants and evil-minded persons. 42.

ਯਾਹੀ ਕਾਜ ਧਰਾ ਹਮ ਜਨਮੰ ॥ ਸਮਝ ਲੇਹੁ ਸਾਧੂ ਸਭ ਮਨਮੰ ॥

I have taken birth of this purpose, the saints should comprehend this in their minds.

ਧਰਮ ਚਲਾਵਨ ਸੰਤ ਉਬਾਰਨ ॥ ਦੁਸਟ ਸਭਨ ਕੋ ਮੂਲ ਉਪਾਰਨ ॥੪੩॥

(I have been born) to spread Dharma, and protect saints, and root out tyrants and evil-minded persons.43.

ਜੇ ਜੇ ਭਏ ਪਹਿਲ ਅਵਤਾਰਾ ॥ ਆਪੁ ਆਪੁ ਤਿਨ ਜਾਪੁ ਉਚਾਰਾ ॥

All the earlier incarnations caused only their names to be remembered.

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਦੋਖੀ ਕੋਈ ਨ ਬਿਦਾਰਾ ॥ ਧਰਮ ਕਰਨ ਕੋ ਰਾਹੁ ਨ ਡਾਰਾ ॥੪੪॥

They did not strike the tyrants and did not make them follow the path of Dharma.44.

I don't know about you guys but it can't get any clearer then that. Guru Gobind Singh Ji has clearly stated in this shabad the importance of striking down the tyrants!!! If anyone disputes that then maybe if you go on to a Hindu-Brahman forum then you might find like minded people!

nobody is duputing that man!! nobody is saying not to attack when the time is right.

who here said that all we should do is still around all day with mala in our hands? how said that we should just do paath all day? who said that??

of course we have to get rid of the people who do us injustice, as if we did nothing about those people, that would be wrong on our part.

but to you guys saying we need to attack, we need to physically prepare ourselves, we need to do this and that, do you guys agree that without bani, that preparing is for nothing, and will get nothing done? do you guys atleast understand that??

miri is higher because of the piri. if not for sacrifices of the shaheeds we wudnt be able to practise our religion. no 1 give u anything in life, sumtyms u have to take wats urs. if we didnt take our right to exist the moguls wud have killed us off. thats exactly why wer slowly disapearing as a people, too many papuu's walking about.

like the title says, STOP BEING PUNKS!

LOL its nice to know that you just called me a "Papuu"/"punk" but you dont even know me rolleyes.gif

i was talking to the papus and punks

we all gotta fix up!

dalsingh101 ji do you atleast agree that you cant have one with out the other?

there is no such thing as a sipahi who trains and does all that physciall crap if he never read bani. do you atleast agree that you gonna need both to do anything in this life?

Well yes. If you have the physical ability you need to know how to apply it properly. Spirituality helps with that aspect. Like the brother said before learning to scuff is one thing (sipahi) - knowing WHO and WHEN to scuff is another (piri)

But the problem is that people have some warped perception that purely spiritual practices can give one sipahiness...this is pure bull. The two things are different sides of a coin...they need separate nurturing and then fusion. Purely training won't give you spirituality and simran alone wont give you the sipahi mentality. That is why I believe Guru Hargobind ji introduced dhadhi..to help with bir rass.

WJKK WJKF (I think) said:

Then there's Guru Hargobind's take on the matter...he had Miri and Piri...representing SPIRITUAL AND TEMPORAL POWER.

But also, he accepted that sometimes spirituality can be mightier than the sword. His youngest son, Guru Tegh Bahadur showed the greatest power, strength and sacrifice by giving up his life for others- in a fight against injustice. Ever since he was a child, he never showed the same flair for fighting as his father, but it doesn't make him any weaker does it?

This isn't true. Guru Tegh Bahadhur was originally named Tyag Maal. In the first skirmishes against the Moghuls by his father (Guru Hargobind) he fought valiantly and his named was changed to Tegh Bahadhur meaning "Brave Sword" So I would dispute that he didn't show the same fliar in battle as his father. What his shaheedi did provide to Sikhs though was conclusive evidence that the Mughal sarkar was ruthless and couldn't be reasoned with peacefully. This set the scene for the emergence of the Khalsa.