true but sad ..

S1ngh

A father of a Catholic Church had stated after reading the entire Sikh history that, “All the Sikhs will go to hell for not projecting their blood soaked unparallel unique history in front of the entire world”. He further stated, “We had just one Jesus Christ and we have spread Christianity all over the world but Sikh history is full of great martyrs and yet hardly any body knows about it.” It is ironical, sad, tragic, unforgivable and shameful !!

Fateh Ji,

Fair point but Sikhism is a relatively young religion in comparison to Christianity so it’s no surprise that Christianity is spread all over the world. Another factor is the fact that we are not missionaries and do not go out and about promoting Sikhi, whereas in Christianity they do.

In reference to,

“We had just one Jesus Christ and we have spread Christianity all over the world but Sikh history is full of great martyrs and yet hardly any body knows about it.”

Exactly, who other than a handful of people know of our history? To date the world has only heard of a few events/historical incidences that have taken place with the Sikhs.

I once heard someone say during a talk that ‘to date the world has only heard about and seen the negativity involved with the Sikhs, when the world comes to know about the real spirituality of the Sikhs, that’s when Sikhi will take the world by storm’.

Bhull Chuk Maaf…

Fateh Ji

46047180.jpg

Mr. Singh, the supreme member is perfectlyy right, when he says that a father of one of the catholic church has said so. I also came across a similar statement in some other pamphlet in India.

Whereas no body can question this statement, we should make an introspection as to who are responsible for all this.

is it not a fact that our community is a community of mortyers?

is it not a fact that our community made maximum rather most of the supreme sacrifices for the freedom of India.?

Is it not a fact that Guru Tegh Bhadur Sahib was a saviour of Hindu religion)?

Is it not a fact that when Akalis, won the Guru Ka Bagh Morcha, Mahatma Gandhi himself while greeting the Akalis mentioned that " we have won the first battle of independence"?

is it not a fact that Maulana Azad, the great freedom fighter and the Union Education Minister for a number of years has given an eye opener data about the sacrifices made by the Sikhs during freedom struggle in his book 'India Wins Freedom ?

Is it not a fact that a staunch Hindu and a frredom fighter of his only style and callibre Mahmana Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya said that if India was to win freedom, at least one member in every Hindu family, must be made a Sikh ?

There are innumerable more such statements which are lying hidden in the pages of history like the blood soaked pages.

I again ask who is responsible for all this. what the intellectuals and leaders are doing We are tolerating to be called as terrorists and separatists. I wonder even Vajpaee or Advani might be aware of above facts. There is no question of Sonia knowing all these facts.

We should admit without any hesitation that we can s

pend crores and millions on gurdwara buildings, Gold plates or Gold Palkis, on Langars and on political leaders in the form of propaganda. but cannot have a news paper or a magazine of national and international dimensions and ramifications.

we have tolerated attack on Harminder Sahib and Akal Takht Lying down. We did not tell the world what happened to Sikhs in November 1984, and what was our fault and why were we targetted.

It has been said by some that Sikhs create history, but they never write history.

we are just 2% in India, and think of our contribution in the farm and the field, in war and peace and in industires, in sports etc.

Pause for a while, we are comparing with Christianity. How do they reach people in different corners of the world, and how many publications and in how many international languages we have for the spread of Gur Sikhi.

I leave the topic here for making further contribution by some other members

Jagjit Singh

Is it not a fact that a staunch Hindu and a frredom fighter of his only style and callibre Mahmana Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya said that if India was to win freedom, at least one member in every Hindu family, must be made a Sikh ?
plzz correct me if i m wrong, but someone told me that Guru Gobind Singh Himself told hindus to raise the eldest son as a Sikh (i could be wrong), and since they stopped doing that, it was almost like a curse for them from then on :T:

thats why hindus say sikhs are the same as hindus we are only a sect of bhamanism which is meant to protect other hindus, which absolutely <admin-profanity filter activated>. So i dont rreally agree with that statement. Sikhi is a separate panth and a seperate way of life. If your a hindu and you want to make oldest son sikh hey go right head i dont care. But i dont think guru gobind singh ji maharaaj made that statement, because anyone has the right to choose their path to god, so if a hindu wants to make his older son a sikh but the son doesnt want to be one, we cant force him to because its against sikhi. So thats why i think this statement wasnt made by guru sahib, but im a moorakh iand i could be wrong.

Sat Sri Akal:

Hehehe...ya'll make it seem like the book on Sikhism has closed and the story is finished. I don't think we have even made it to the middle of the book yet! The world reads the last rights to a religion which has yet to dawn its youth. :)

Does anyone know how Christianity really spread? Well, back in the day, an Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire (history's title, not mine) by the name of Constantine was inspired to take up Christianity. Until then, Christianity was a label that would have gotten you killed and drove followers of Jesus into continuous hiding. Well, Constantine decided that he would adopt Christianity and make everyone adopt it too by making it a state religion. There folks, is how Christianity spread. This is not to belittle the good teachings and insiprational life of Jesus Sahib, but to detail that Jesus was not some ultimate missionary whose very gaze set the world to Christianity.

The Hindus chose to give their first born sons to Sikhism for survival. One would be sacrificed for the protection of the remainder of the family. Guru Gobind Singh Sahib (as per this moorakh's knowledge) did not make such a statement (cause if he did, I don't think that "certain parties" would have not let us forget about it!!!).