Germany Attempting To Ban Scientology

Guest wallace singh

Guest wallace singh

Germany moves to ban Scientology

BERLIN, Germany (AP) -- Germany's top security officials said Friday they consider the goals of the Church of Scientology to be in conflict with the principles of the nation's constitution and will seek to ban the organization.

The German government considers Scientology a commercial enterprise.

The interior ministers of the nation's 16 states plan to give the nation's domestic intelligence agency the task of preparing the necessary information to ban the organization, which has been under observation for a decade on allegations that it "threatens the peaceful democratic order" of the country.

The ministers, as well as federal Interior Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble, "consider Scientology to be an organization that is not compatible with the constitution," said Berlin Interior Minister Ehrhart Koerting, who presided over the officials' two-day conference.

Sabine Weber, president of the Church of Scientology in Berlin, said she views the renewed attempt to ban the organization as a reaction to increasing acceptance of Scientologists in several European countries.

"It is very, very clear that the true picture of what Scientology is about is pushing its way through," Weber said. "The interior ministers are clearly reacting to that."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/12/07...y.ap/index.html

About Scientology: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

Guest wallace singh
and this has something to do with sikhi ... how ?!

me confused blink.gif

Hmm. People are being denied the right to find their path towards salvation. I'd say that it has everything to do with us.

Guest wallace singh
scientology clearly shows how easy it is to brainwash people into following a false idiology/religion. we should aim some parchaar at these people bring them to the right path

While I readily admit that there are things about Scientology that I find unsettling, who am I, or who are any of you, to judge?

I was under the impression that that was for the Guru.

Generally speaking, it seems that all the religions under 5 million adherents seem to go through heavy discrimination from all nations around the globe. It's sad, but goes to show you that a religion must do parchar if they truly believe in their religions teaching and practice the way of life. All religions go by the same theory: PLAY NICE. No religion is bad, but as we can see from this century many 'EXTREMISTS/RADICALS have messed things up for their own political gain and fame.

But this isn't a religion. It's a cult. It's insulting to put this pyramid scheme in the same league as Sikhi. It's well documented that L. Ron Hubbard was just putting this stuff together for the money. One of the 'Tenants' of Scientology are that the IRS is evil (probably because Hubbard owed them tons of money) and that psychiatry and drugs are a sham. Scientology should not be taken seriously and should be exposed for what it is, a cult and a pyramid scheme that robs people of the proper chance for salvation. If people want a religion, then let them find one that's real, and not this sham.