Gurbani On The End Of The World

Guru Jis sipahi, so according to u, the following shabad is not written by Guru Ji??

pwxI ipqw jgq kw iPir pwxI sBu Kwie ]2]

paanee pithaa jagath kaa fir paanee sabh khaae ||2||

Water is the father of the world; in the end, water destroys it all. ||2||

I found the following, although there is no mention of water destroying the world

on sikhnet.com. It's interesting... but unfortunately there is no reference to SGGS, thus it's questionable.

I was just wondering, does it say anywhere in the Guru Granth Sahib that there will be a world war 3? I heard that it said something about the world being destroyed in the Kulyug but I'm not sure

Sat Siri Akaal--

NO. Siri Guru Granth makes NO mention of "world war 3". Any reference in SGGS (I cannot give you cites) to the 'world being destroyed' in the age of kaliyug is really a reference to a major change in the Order of things, so to speak. As a general rule, Siri Guru Granth Sahib does not prophesy or forecast specific world events. It does, however, have many references to the fact that a Gursikh's destiny is written on his or her forehead.

The following is not specifically in SGGS. The planet is now entering the Aquarian Age, coming out of the Piscean Age. These ages are roughly 2000 years long. Kaliyug is much longer, but it is ending with the Piscean age. We are on the cusp of entering into an age where men do not dominate all things, but men AND WOMEN are co-equal partners, where one's approach to life will change from "tell me I want to know" to "I know, let me share with you"; from an age ruled by manipulators and powermongers to an age ruled from the heart. Whether or not you believe about the age changes, know that references to 'the world being destroyed' in SGGS are about this kind of change, not of the entire world blowing up.

Guru ang sang,

-DKK

Guru Ji's Sipahi veerjeeo, you're right we shouldn't take one tuk out of context and look at the entire shabad like you have done, at the same time each tuk also has a world of meaning behind it and we take what we interpret to be right based on our knowledge of gurbaaNee there's also no right or wrong answer like LOTLS said.

Friday, March 03, 2006

End of the World???

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Gurmat (Sikh Faith) preaches that just as the creater Waheguru created this world without consulting anyone, he take his creation back into non-existence without consulting anyone.

Till the world exists, good and bad will continue to happen but truth will always prevail. Sometimes the world order will seem to be very evil and dark but darkness will always be defeated by light of Waheguru.

Waheguru has now created his Khalsa - his own, and this Khalsa will definitely lighten up the world. At present time this light has reached only limited people in the world. In the future, by the hukam (order) of Akal Purakh, this divine light will reach everyone in the world. Khalsa that lives in the divine submission of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, is the only hope in the world.

Only Khalsa has access to the inner divine light - Waheguru. There are many others who claim to have the light but their claims are baseless. In the dark age of Kalyug, the torch of the divine light is in the hands of Waheguru's own manifestation - Sri Guru Nanak Dev jee.

Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji resides in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and his Khalsa. Whoever accepts Khalsa and Siri Guru Granth Sahib ji, shall be liberated from this terrible ocean of life and death.

End of this creation is not a subject of concern from Khalsa. Khalsa already knows that this visible world is an illusion. Whether this illusion disappears today or later, makes no difference to the Khalsa of Waheguru. Khalsa is the inheritor of the divine and eternal realm of Waheguru - Sachkhand. Worries of creation and destruction of this world don't concern Khalsa.

He is the clay He is the potter

What He does is all that matters

So many people claim to know

Yet He of His own accord runs this

show

People feel sorrow and delight

Who have not known His sacred sight

Those whose mind has become constant

Silently live the secret while others

rant

This world is but a tiny speck

Its life a mere flicker in infinity's aspect

The stars, moons, galaxies and quasars

All dance to His breath's rhythm close and

seemingly far.

What is there in a billion years?

Why should we shed so many tears?

For that which comes and that which goes

Is like a shadow, a dream to one who

knows

Waheguru keep me ever in Your will

I beg Thee keep my mind ever still

Like a calm lake on a clear day

Can mirror unrippled the view of Your

way.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Posted by Mr Singh at 10:36 AM

http://ikonkaar.blogspot.com/2006/03/end-of-world.html

• 12 years later...
On 1/1/2008 at 8:03 PM, guptveer1469 said:

Guru Jis sipahi, so according to u, the following shabad is not written by Guru Ji??

pwxI ipqw jgq kw iPir pwxI sBu Kwie ]2]

paanee pithaa jagath kaa fir paanee sabh khaae ||2||

Water is the father of the world; in the end, water destroys it all. ||2||

U6

• 5 months later...