Bisraams

Gupt Singhni

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the late reply.

Singh from Guru Maharajh's Damdami Taksal have informed me that they are trying to get the pothi on pdf file. When they have arranged for this it will be hosted on Damdamitaksaal.org

It may take a while to arrange as im sure you will appreciate there is a lot of information!

On a related note, those of the sangat interested in learning how to read gurbani correctly, a class is being held at Smethwick Guru Nanak Dev Ji Gurdwara High Street every wednesday from 6 in the evening in the main hall upstairs (open to both singhs and kaurs at all levels i.e. even if you cant read gurmukhi/punjabi still come and learn here!).

The santhia ustad is Damdami Taksal Vadhiarthi Bhai Baldeep Singh Ji. He has studied at Taksal Metha for a number of years and has been teaching in the UK over the last 7 years. As he is a Singh born and bred here in the UK it is easier learning from him as he is able to communicate with us in a way that punjabi born ustad's might struggle with. Bhai Sahib has dedicated his life to reading and teaching santhia and we are very priveliged to have him teach us.

The wednesday class will start with the ma-harni (alphabet and letter proununications - see the bal updesh kedha on the taksal website), then nitnem and then panj granthi, bai varaan, bhagta di bani and then with gurus sahib kirpa onto doing santhia of Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharajh.

Please take note of the importance of santhia, it is VERY important to know what you are reading and how you are reading. Only very recently a kirtani was singhing a shabad, and rather then putting the pause at madho hum eseh (pause) tu esa, unfortunetly the kirtani sang madho hum (pause) eseh tu esa. The second way kinda says 'madho is I'.

Guru sahib is bakshanhar, but still we need to do everything we can to try and ensure that we read his gurbani correctly.

Apologies for the late reply.

Singh from Guru Maharajh's Damdami Taksal have informed me that they are trying to get the pothi on pdf file. When they have arranged for this it will be hosted on Damdamitaksaal.org

It may take a while to arrange as im sure you will appreciate there is a lot of information!

On a related note, those of the sangat interested in learning how to read gurbani correctly, a class is being held at Smethwick Guru Nanak Dev Ji Gurdwara High Street every wednesday from 6 in the evening in the main hall upstairs (open to both singhs and kaurs at all levels i.e. even if you cant read gurmukhi/punjabi still come and learn here!).

The santhia ustad is Damdami Taksal Vadhiarthi Bhai Baldeep Singh Ji. He has studied at Taksal Metha for a number of years and has been teaching in the UK over the last 7 years. As he is a Singh born and bred here in the UK it is easier learning from him as he is able to communicate with us in a way that punjabi born ustad's might struggle with. Bhai Sahib has dedicated his life to reading and teaching santhia and we are very priveliged to have him teach us.

The wednesday class will start with the ma-harni (alphabet and letter proununications - see the bal updesh kedha on the taksal website), then nitnem and then panj granthi, bai varaan, bhagta di bani and then with gurus sahib kirpa onto doing santhia of Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharajh.

Please take note of the importance of santhia, it is VERY important to know what you are reading and how you are reading. Only very recently a kirtani was singhing a shabad, and rather then putting the pause at madho hum eseh (pause) tu esa, unfortunetly the kirtani sang madho hum (pause) eseh tu esa. The second way kinda says 'madho is I'.

Guru sahib is bakshanhar, but still we need to do everything we can to try and ensure that we read his gurbani correctly.

Gurfatehji,

Thank you for the valuable information !