Might Quit Sikhi

Guest quitter

Guest quitter

If you aren't living up to the best of your potential as a sikh after years and years, is it best to just find another religion where you can feel comfortable in? Many paths lead to the same goal, so does it really matter what religion you follow in the end?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you aren't living up to the best of your potential as a sikh after years and years, is it best to just find another religion where you can feel comfortable in? Many paths lead to the same goal, so does it really matter what religion you follow in the end?

Well have you looked into sikhi fully? I doubt it cause then you wouldnt be saying that....

i belive one can only be truly liberated through sikhi through guru ji

look deep within and look to mahraj he will help you! :s

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gond on Pannaa 864

gurU gurU guru kir mn mor ]

guroo guroo gur kar man mor ||

Chant Guru, Guru, Guru, O my mind.

gurU ibnw mY nwhI hor ]

guroo binaa mai naahee hor ||

I have no other than the Guru.

This Shabad is by Bhatt Nal in Svaiyay Mehl 5 on Pannaa 1399

gur bin ghor a(n)dhhaar guroo bin samajh n aavai ||

Without the Guru, there is utter darkness; without the Guru, understanding does not come.

This Shabad is by Guru Amar Daas Ji in Siree Raag on Pannaa 36

vin sathigur kinai n paaeiou kar vaekhahu man veechaar ||

Without the True Guru, no one has found Him; reflect upon this in your mind and see.

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Aasaa on Pannaa 466

bin sathigur kinai n paaeiou bin sathigur kinai n paaeiaa ||

Without the True Guru, no one has obtained the Lord; without the True Guru, no one has obtained the Lord.

This Shabad is by Guru Amar Daas Ji in Raag Raamkalee on Pannaa 917

jae ko gur thae vaemukh hovai bin sathigur mukath n paavai ||

One who turns away from the Guru, and becomes baymukh - without the True Guru, he shall not find liberation.

well heres some tuks that came to my head...ive provided you with the panna so you can look it up:) theres sooo many moree! after all guru jis is eveything witout guru ji there is nothing

hope it helps ji

bhull chukk maaf karni

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest quitter

I try to jaap naam, do paat, read gurbani and all that, but still feel the same. Do you think I would've posted this here if I didn't already try that? I'm saying, I've been doing it for many years and am trying to find people like me and how they got over this "phase" of not caring much for sikhi. I feel like a prisoner. Nothing seems to help and my interest has gone to other things.

I could stay in sikhi and do a "part time" job, but it gets harder and harder because I am losing faith.

......when was you an Sikh in your life? And it is ONLY Sikhi that says that many paths lead to the same goal (do some Vichaar). I get the impression you have an problem with the Sikh Rehat Maryada. But it's your choice.

I try to jaap naam, do paat, read gurbani and all that, but still feel the same. Do you think I would've posted this here if I didn't already try that? I'm saying, I've been doing it for many years and am trying to find people like me and how they got over this "phase" of not caring much for sikhi. I feel like a prisoner. Nothing seems to help and my interest has gone to other things.

I could stay in sikhi and do a "part time" job, but it gets harder and harder because I am losing faith.

This could be a test in your life. Mahraaj is testing you dont lose faith, you may fall know due to your weaknesses, but when you get up you will get up much stronger. Just do ardaas, from the bottom of your heart. Ask mahraaj to keep you on the path of sikhi and keep you in his charan. Your ardaas could take months and years but if you do it from the bottom of your heart it is bound to come true. Try doing a hukamnama and see what mahraaj is saying. It is also important you go in sangat.

Fateh ji