I was asked to remove my turbon

Jash

Sat Sri Akal:

Sure...start with small planes (nothing as big as 747 or anything) in airports that have a large amount of Sikhs traveling through them (example: Amritsar to Los ANgeles airport service). Ensure that a HUGE number of Sikhs on the plane are Amritdhari and Shastardhari with blade weapons (Kirpans, Khandas, etc)...that oughta keep hijackers away. See if governments are willing to comply with such an airline and take it from there.

(Of course the last part is the biggest problem).

But you can imagine a hijacker not wanting to go on that plane:

Hijacker:  Everyone, hands in the air!!!

Sikh:  Sit down before I stick this 3 foot Khanda in your skull!!!  hit.gif

Hijacker:  Yes sir...  :H:

Now, all we need is a few billion dollars and some politicians to buy... :T:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

well...in malaysia...if the metal detector starts making that sound...then..they'll check ur body n u might get caught with the kirpan...

i've wore my kirpan a few times for domestic flights n the thing doesn't trigger...lucky i guess...but the 1st time i took amrit...i didn't wear it..coz mom was scared n told me to take it off...but i wore the small one around my neck..

n guess wat??? my bro...he's not an amritdhari...when he passes by that machine...it triggers!!! lolzzz....i guess itz coz of his kerha...

I didn't see any person comin up with some realistic idea here.Can we get united and do something or we are here just for "aphsos pragtava".Some are discussing "buying a Sikh airlines" which is not possible in near future and everybdy knows that. I dont know how many of u felt real pain of somebdy going through all this.Don't u guys feel its so disgusting to go through all this with no fault of our Sikh veer.I expected people will really feel the pain and will come out stronger to deal the issue.I hope I didnt offend anybdy.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,

Waheguru ji ki fateh.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Yeah, i have already forwarded my post to SMART and unitedsikhorganisation, but i guess Balwinder veer ji has a point that, we have to do something to rise the awareness globally not just for turkish airlines.

I'm trying to contact some of people, who can help us to reach embassies and airports, if somebody else can help us in that, please come forward.

Regards

Vaneet Singh

my dad was asked to remove the turban at least 10+ times.. He is frequent flyer cauz of his job nature.. So anyway.. at first he didn't protest that much cauz he know that the enviornment is not good to disagree with them (a week after 9/11) they provided my dad a room which has mirror and everyting.. So this happens to him like 3 times.. Then i provided him the documents of SMART DOT guidelines for airport officals on SIKHS and that helped him for more than 5+ times.. He just handed the document (2/3 page) to the security guy and then he called his supervisor and he said.. "Let it go, if the detector didn't beeped"

Once while searching they took my dad Turban PIN .. saying we don't allow this.. :) but i gues they were scared that time..

theturbanator (a member of this forum) was in turkey this month.. hes in india now.. lets see what he says when he comes back on march 1st

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Hey im back, 1st point, NEVER GO ON TURKISH AIRLINES, very bad management

ok... it started with some lady in JFk asking my dad for indian id when hes an american citizen

then in Izmir the guy checks my dads turban.[ not take it off but feels it] when he went through the metal detector and nothing rang.

so thas my thing for turkey so far. The people are reallly ignorant there, also at the airport the people are like where u from my dads like America and there like india?, Pakistan? when my dad said america 10 times.. we just left