Wher Do You Put Your Kirpan When U Have A Bath

Guest ###Singh###

Guest ###Singh###

WJKK WJKF

i recently took amrit with guru ji's grace and bascially i know when you bathe your body you place your kirpan in your dastaar, but what about when you need to wash your hair?? up untill i've been wearing it as normal when i wash my hair but recently i noticed this is causing the kirpan to rust. could some please advise me

Fateh

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest i dunno

First of all Veer, congratulations! :s

secondly, when doing ishnaan of kesh what i do (and i think most people in fact do) is have a body ishnaan as you are doing, i.e tie your kirpan around your keski. then jump out the shower, do what you do lol e.g dry/clothe yourself and then wear your gatra and kirpaan as normal, remove your keski and tie around your waist and place kanga between waist and keski or tie to gatra or something, and then open your kesh and wash i.e. standing outside the bath/shower and just letting your kesh/head have contact with the water

I just wear a smaller kirpan normally around my body on a gatraa (one that I don't wear on the regular), and once i'm done doing ishnaan i switch my kirpaans and take the wet kirpaan out of the sheath and whipe it dry so it doesn't rust.... but i don't put it back in the sheath right away, because the inside has to dry too.. so i just set it on a clean spot on my table and let it dry...

some people I know wear a steel Kirpaan durin kesi ishnaan so it doesn't rust...

doing keshi ishnaan i just tie the keski round my waist, get a old gatra, put the kirpan in that and put it on urself, then when ur kirpan is lying on ur side, tuck it completly in ur keski, it will stay away from most water, (use a more tough material keski when doing this, not mal mal otherwise more water will go through)

i.e. standing outside the bath/shower and just letting your kesh/head have contact with the water
That must make a big mess in your bathroom !!! Or am I only ganda bacha that still doesn't know how to do it without making a mess :s

Lolz it neva makes a mess when I do it :D