Life On Mars

fateh01

It's the picture that ET believers have been waiting for - and the one that shows there could be life on Mars.

1636533.jpg

Make up your own mind

The image, taken by Nasa's Mars Explorer Spirit, seems to show a figure on the surface of the red planet.

However the more sceptical have decided that it is just a rock.

At first astronomers were disappointed with pictures sent back from the surface of the Red Planet by the six-wheel robot four years ago.

But a space fan spotted the figure, which was just a pinprick in the original photograph. It was blown up and posted on a website.

One stargazer writes on the site: "My first thought - it's Big Foot! If you show me another rock in another photo from Mars or Earth that naturally looks like that, I will reconsider."

Another said: "I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked and saw what appears to be a naked alien running around on Mars."

Experts say that if the planet once had surface water, there was the potential to support life.

Analysis of soil showed it contained 90% silica - a concentration only likely to have formed when water is present.

But as to whether there are likely to be aliens moving around, opinion is clearly divided.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1301940,00.html

the above pics are wiered!

blink.gif

that looks more like a fake doll lol

hmm, not that clear either, im sure this isnt true, news is sometimes exaggerated

i was in india last yr, and on the news was big headlines that pluto disappeared, so i go tbk to the uk asked my science class.. and just got bk blank faces from everyone lol