Italian Sikhs

Punjabi_Link

agree wid everyone

PROACTIVE,

There's much less racism here plus there are always plenty of work for then if they come legally.

Why is there much less racism?? Because there is a big number of Punjabis/Sikhs.

But if those countries (Italy, Greece, ...) got a big number of desis, racism will be less. Racism here in Brussels is very bad... Especially when I go bareheaded to school... Only because there are not many Sikhs like in UK there are around 750,000 and in Belgium there are hardly 10,000... I know Belgium is smaller but still... Plent racism. From 1st grade till now (8th grade), I have been in 3 schools, all three far away from each other. And each time I was the only Indian, let alone Sikh.

SHAMSHERE,

In Punjab being a bit fat is seen as a good thing as it shows your 'thakra'. I was called skinny just because I was normal weight. The

Lols at that. My cousin who is 6 months older than me is 13 and weighs 83 kg. And he is around 172cm. I was 12.5 when I visited Punjab and woghed 58 and was 170 cm. They called me skinny, everyone from relatives to pendus.. And far more disgusting they said I didnt look that I came from Vilayat. Because I had hair, patka, skinny etc. But my cousin did look because he had haircut and was fat...... What a mentality...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And another thing, a Punjabi saw my father, and began crying that he and another was sleeping on street since many days and ahdnt enough. My father gave him and his companion to eat from our shop, and the next day put him and other in the train to gurudwara. This happened around 2 months ago... I felt sad by seeing how he was crying...

agree wid everyone

Why is there much less racism?? Because there is a big number of Punjabis/Sikhs.

But if those countries (Italy, Greece, ...) got a big number of desis, racism will be less. Racism here in Brussels is very bad... Especially when I go bareheaded to school... Only because there are not many Sikhs like in UK there are around 750,000 and in Belgium there are hardly 10,000... I know Belgium is smaller but still... Plent racism. From 1st grade till now (8th grade), I have been in 3 schools, all three far away from each other. And each time I was the only Indian, let alone Sikh.

That's a big factor. I think what you are experiencing in Belgium is what we experienced in the 1970s. At that time there weren't many apnay in UK but once more and more arrived then the situation got better. Although it is great to be able to say that there are apnay in nearly all the countries of the world it would be much better if we concentrated ourselves. It's similar to what Sikhs did in India after 1947. We spread out all over India and thus became politically insignificant. If Sikhs had chosen to stay in Punjab rather than spread to places like Delhi, Bombay and Calcutta we would be 80% of the population in Punjab and there wouldn't be the threat of Bhaiya migration to Punjab. The same is the case abroad. Having small pockets of Sikhs in all the countries just dilutes our strength. If instead of the 150,000 or so apnay settling in Europe, if they made a conscious effort to move to the UK after getting their legal status this could make the Sikhs much more politically significant. The same can be said for US/CANADA. Instead of Sikhs settling in out of the way countries like Mexico, Brazil, Argentina etc they should make an effort to move to the US or Canada.

Some of you make me laugh. You don't like the 'bhaiyas' from UP and Bihar coming to Punjab but you don't mind Sikhs going to UK\Europe\Canada. This is pure double standards. You need to take a long hard look at yourselves. Look at places like Southall where there are hardly any English people remaining. Just like Sikhs go abroad for a better life, the 'bhaiyas' come to Punjab for work and more opportunities.

Like I mentioned before Sikhs in Punjab are too greedy and fussy, they want to leave even though they have very comfortable lives compared to the rest of the people in India. There's a lot of unemployed graduates doing nothing but loitering around. They all want these government jobs that are difficult to get. If they don't get them they just hang around the streets getting hooked on drugs. They should just go for other jobs.

Whats visas got to do with anything? People are saying its perfectly fine for Sikhs to migrate to other parts of the world in search of a better life but when bhaiyas come to Punjab for a better life you don't like it. It's the exact same thing. In fact Bhaiyas probably get treated worse.

bhaiyas are really b*******

they charge too much money

this summer i went and saw the horrible state of punjab

all those bhaiyas come, and the literacy rate decreases and povert rate increases.... Making punjab a bad state...

Proactive, You know what happens to a minority??? NOO.. Belgium (10,000 sikhs) and France (10,000 Sikhs) are a proof... YOu can't wear turbans!!! Not all will migrate to uk usa canada, and the resting sikh population will be treated harsher

here they give us name caliings, you've get into a fight to shut them up

even if we explain its our religion they make jokes about the hairknot on our head...

you don't know what everything i've heard in these years of studies

we are 10,000 in a country with 10 million people

99.99% of the people think that we are hindus

coz when we say we're from punjab (india) they think we're hindus coz they think all indians are hindous

I don't agree with your stance of making a one majority sikh country in europe

this will result like

but i agree that the sikhs are shattered around the globe; there are 300 sikhs in switzerland, 700 in danmark, 800 in kazakhstan, between 50-90 sikhs in island, and many more

why don't these tiny go to one country and i'm sure all these shattered will become no less than 2-3000

gurfateh

Anyone know if any Sikhs or Gurdware in Venice??????

on www.boss-uk-org it says there are 3 gurdware in Italy.

Italy (Italia)

Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Sewa Society

Via Luchini Pompeati Arturo, 70,

00057, Maccarese (Fiumicino),

Roma (RM)

(+39) 06 6674052

Gurdwara Singh Sabha

Via Lorenzo Bandini, 7,

42017, Novellara,

Reggio Emilia (RE)

(+39) 0522 661656

Sri Gurdwara Singh Sabha