I Cant Wear A Dastaarrrrrr

Guest jastmai

Guest jastmai

guys i cant wear a dastaar!!! liek i can but i cant tie it. i keep trying EVERY night and it looks bad. like i know the whole point is im wearing it but its slopy and i thnk i have a wierd head because it looks funky (the way i tie it) i try looking at those videos and they dont help cause i dont know how to start and its too loose :s any advice :D

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Well try a different style (pointy style vs dumalla) , or different cloth (rubia vs. malmal for example), or sometimes even a different length. Hopefully you can find one that is you!

Another thing to try is tie a patka underneath, and then tie the dastaar on top of it, it might provide enough support to prevent it from slipping or getting lose.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

wjkk wjkf

just keep tryin.

i learned to tie a dastaar on my lil sisters, and then i could tie it on me.

i couldn't learn it with the videaos, one day you will have your own style. :D

wjkk wjkf

Guest topic starter

thanks for the advice guys! i have no idea what kaptrra it is but someone brought me a white blue and black one from india since i cant get it from where i live. I cut the black one the size of a chunni to wear as a keski but i cant get how to start it. and then at the end the front might look decent but the sides and back are soooooo slipy like its going everywhere and its discouraging me a lot. there is no keski-dastaar wearing kaurs where i live. in fact its discouraged down here. I tried in sangat once with a chunni because at least the front looks good and i got attaked my sangat saying its not needed, its show off. jus be a good person. thats all that matters. be simple. and so on.

i really want to wear gurujis dastaar. im already amritdhari although i did not take it from akhand keertan so keski was not a requirment from my panj pyarai.

Guest _JiwanSingh7072_

Maybe you could tie it like a patka in the back, and then start spinningit around. Make sure that the ends you tie the knot with get tucked in. Then take it from the bottom up and tuck the end of the dastaar in the back at the top. nihungsmile.gif Voila!

i really want to wear gurujis dastaar. im already amritdhari although i did not take it from akhand keertan so keski was not a requirment from my panj pyarai.

grin.gif

and now we have someone trying to cause problems. what the questioning smiley for? all the person is saying is it was not a requirment, but she still wants to wear it. hope that answered your "questioning"

AKAL!

Guest peacemaker
and now we have someone trying to cause problems. what the questioning smiley for? all the person is saying is it was not a requirment, but she still wants to wear it. hope that answered your "questioning"

AKAL!

I wasn't questioning anything. I was thinking about what they said. Don't I have the right to ponder things?