Recipes

does ny1 know how to make bread, chcolate and stuff tht u eat from outside without egg,

but if u wana make thm urself in home, n if u hv no machines except a grinder and nicer-dicer,

does ny1 know any websites or hv ny recipes to make stuff like bread, cakes, chocolates etc... tht children eat......

n yh....whats yeast? whr do u get it from?

thnks

wjkkwjkf

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WJKK WJKF pennji home made bread is luvley http://www.kettleandtoasterman.co.uk/stain...-maker-63-p.asp when get back home from uni i luv eatin home made bread wid nuts etc init very tasty. dont know how to make choclate........yet:P. if you're making cakes get egg replacer which is suitable for vegans n makes luvley jubalee cakes lol. choclate is hard to make from scratch dont know anyone personally who makes it from scratch. yeast is sutiable for vegans as far as i know but i always buy yeast dats sutiable for vegetarians anyways btw making bread isnt too hard just follow da instructions to your bread making machine. i hope dass has helped btw il try and get back to you on a recipe to make choclate as i want to know myself hehe. have fun cooking WJKK WJKF

Yeast is an enzyme just like Rennet. So we shouldn't be eating anything with yeast in it. That is like killing an animal ie eating meat : ).

:D erm, i know its an enzyme, but didnt knw its like u put it :@

''The yeast's function in baking is to ferment sugars present in the flour or added to the dough. This fermentation gives off carbon dioxide and ethanol. The carbon dioxide is trapped within tiny bubbles and results in the dough expanding, or rising. ''

thts wat it does grin.gif hmm, yeast is a one-celled fungus grin.gif

I made this cake recipe a few times and it is AMAZING!!!!

2cups of supreme sponge flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda

1 tablespoon golden syrup (if u heat the spoon up it will run straight off!! good tip)

3/4 cup of melted margerine

1/4 cup water (optional only if needed)

and 1 tin(397grm) condensed milk!!

AMAZING!!!

and for chocolate (the good bit)

Start your project with raw cocoa beans, which can be found through many online sites.

Beans need to be roasted by spreading them in a single layer on a pan, and leaving them in the oven for approximately 30 minutes at 400F (204.4C) degrees. Allow them to cool, and then peel off the husks, which is a really fiddly job.

Next, you'll want to break them up. Spreading them out on a tea towel, placing another over top and using a hammer will work, but possibly too well. A more restrained and easy to control way of breaking them into pieces is with a mortar and pestle. Once you have pieces, put them in a clean pepper or other mill and grind them. Be careful though, because as the bits get smaller, they tend to liquefy. Grind just to the point where you can put them back in a dish and use the mortar and pestle again for the final mashing.

By now you have a mush. Heat the dish in a pan of water, and then grind a little more in the mortar. It should have reached a fairly smooth consistency after this stage. Now you can add a drop of mint flavoring, and your sugar. A rule of thumb is 1/2 cup sugar per pound of cocoa beans processed, but you may want to start out with less, in order to see how sweet it gets. Pour into molds, and you have pure chocolate! sounds kinda complicated!!! good luck who evers making it :D